McCarthy is going to get fired

Watkins90

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Does this mean Bill Belichick is actually a good coach?

Conventional wisdom at this board says anyone could win multiple championships with Tom Brady as your QB and folks love to talk about BB's record prior to having Brady as his QB.

If that's true, where are Green Bay's pile of championships?  Rodgers is arguably better than Brady.

Next season 2019 will be his last here.

He won't survive the Allen project going south.

In two years the Allen project won't have an outcome, at least it won't unless he becomes terrific in that short time.

I'm not convinced Allen will ever be a franchise guy. But we're talking about a guy who was said from minute one to require a year or two of development. Mayock said he should be drafted by a team that could let him sit for a couple of years. Highly unlikely that anyone will be putting an end to this project by the end of 2019.

Edited by Thurman#1

31 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I have friends from Wisconsin.   None of them blame McCarthy. 

The all blame the FO and management for not retaining talent and not addressing needs properly. 

Ted Tompson is public enemy number 1.

So management of two strong franchises has consistently refused to stack skill position talent for both Brady and Rodgers.

Two in-game decisions by the Pack were dreadfully bad today, not including the ST mess up. I can’t remember them specifically but remember wondering WTH were they doing twice today. Tons of experience cheering for the Bills makes us experts on this.

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeah because having the coach who groomed Aaron Rodgers is a bad thing, if McCarthy does get fired it'd be stupid not to bring him in. 

Keeping Frazier guarantees that Tre White and Edmunds don't get traded or cut loose by the next regime.

The packers “success” hasn’t been because of McCarthy. It’s been in spite of him, because Aaron Rodgers is an all time great.

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't get it at all either. He's clearly their best back. I think I may have read something about between the suspension and being a liability in pass blocking they are frustrated with him? I don't watch their games enough to know if that's the case.

He is a bad blocker. All their back are. They haven't had a decent 3rd down back who can pass block since James Starks. 

6 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I have friends from Wisconsin.   None of them blame McCarthy. 

The all blame the FO and management for not retaining talent and not addressing needs properly. 

Ted Tompson is public enemy number 1.

What you said is too complicated for the torch and pitchfork crowd here.  They want a name and possibly two to ramp up the anger over.  Any more than that the thought process gets too diluted for their liking.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's actually a really good point... I'm trying to think of one and can't. The ones I know off hand have lost, or they stay HCs.

Going back to through the 80s. I'm pretty sure you're right. Who was the Giants coach in the 80s? 

Parcells.

I think there is something in the fact that the offenses around the league running quite traditional west coast offenses the likes of which Bill Walsh would recognise are finding it tougher now than 5 or 6 years ago. Green Bay are in that category.

When Steve Mariucci sat down with Andy Reid for NFLN he asked him "where is all the west coast stuff we used to coach together? What are you even running now?" I thought Reid's answer was really interesting "If you look closely they are the same plays we just get to them a little differently." And that to me is the key. Same concepts run with a more contemporary twist. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's actually a really good point... I'm trying to think of one and can't. The ones I know off hand have lost, or they stay HCs.

Going back to through the 80s. I'm pretty sure you're right. Who was the Giants coach in the 80s? 

Parcells was 83-90 unless you’re talking earlier? 

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well. That guy in New England was relegated to coordinator after a HC'ing stint but I'm not sure that counts.

If McCarthy were available as OC, I'd be all in! He was outstanding as OC in SF prior to GB. 

I highly doubt he's taking the OC job in Buffalo if he were to be fired. Wouldn't be shocked if he got a HC gig somewhere else.

I meant after you already won a SB. Id be weary of him as an OC. If he has trouble winning with Rodgers I would hate to see what he could do with our offense.

I agree with you in regards to the last statement, I do believe he would land a HC job elsewhere at some point. He may have to wait like Shannahan did but it will happen at some point. SB winning head coaches have too much pride. Anything lower than a HC job has to be an insult to them. The NFL is a changin’ though so who knows...

15 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I meant after you already won a SB. Id be weary of him as an OC. If he has trouble winning with Rodgers I would hate to see what he could do with our offense.

I agree with you in regards to the last statement, I do believe he would land a HC job elsewhere at some point. He may have to wait like Shannahan did but it will happen at some point. SB winning head coaches have too much pride. Anything lower than a HC job has to be an insult to them. The NFL is a changin’ though so who knows...

Right. I think the Packers have serious roster deficiencies and that he still has a terrific offensive gameplan, but the overall results are not good considering the QB they've had. The apathy towards him is understandable even if I don't agree it's a reflection on his ability to devise an offense. 

Agree with your last paragraph entirely. He's not coming here as OC, so it's really a moot point.

17 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

McCarthy should have told Montgomery to take a knee if he caught it in the end zone.

He did; Montgomery mutinied.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980254/article/aaron-rodgers-hollywood-ending-hijacked-by-rogue-decision

As Greg Zuerlein's kickoff sailed into the end zone, Rodgers fully expected return man Ty Montgomery to kneel down for a touchback, given that the running back had been instructed by his coaches to do just that.

As soon as he started running the ball out, I had a Leodis McKelvin flashback.

Edited by WhoTom

14 hours ago, row_33 said:

Two in-game decisions by the Pack were dreadfully bad today, not including the ST mess up. I can’t remember them specifically but remember wondering WTH were they doing twice today. Tons of experience cheering for the Bills makes us experts on this.

It wasn't the coaching. 

The special teams fumble was a player NOT doing what the coaches specifically told him to do.   He was told to take a knee.   It's also the same player who went rogue on another play that cost them. 

That player may actually be cut. 

They weren't coaching decisions. 

23 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well. That guy in New England was relegated to coordinator after a HC'ing stint but I'm not sure that counts.

If McCarthy were available as OC, I'd be all in! He was outstanding as OC in SF prior to GB. 

I highly doubt he's taking the OC job in Buffalo if he were to be fired. Wouldn't be shocked if he got a HC gig somewhere else.

Did belichick go back to a DC after the browns? Granted he never made the superbowl with the browns, but I do think you make a good point.

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Did belichick go back to a DC after the browns? Granted he never made the superbowl with the browns, but I do think you make a good point.

I'm pretty sure he was Parcells DC with NE or the NYJ. I know it's not the same as a guy who's been in GB for over a decade though.