Good news in Brazil

bdutton

http://news.trust.org/item/20181028230046-ovczz

BRASILIA, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Far-right lawmaker Jair Bolsonaro won Brazil's presidential election on Sunday, riding a wave of frustration over corruption and crime that brought a dramatic swing to the right in the world's fourth-largest democracy.

With 94 percent of ballots counted, Bolsonaro had 56 percent of the votes in the run-off election against left-wing hopeful Fernando Haddad of the Workers Party (PT), who had 44 percent, according to the electoral authority TSE.

"We cannot continue flirting with communism ... We are going to change the destiny of Brazil," Bolsonaro said in an acceptance address in which he vowed to carry out his campaign promises to stamp out corruption after years of leftist rule.

We need to heed these words or else the Democrats will continue to drag us into a similar situation Brazil has faced with the last 15 years.

• Like (+1) 3

I think I finally figured it out. 

You get rock hard over a guy who says this: 

“Through voting, nothing will change in this country, nothing, absolutely nothing. It will only change, unfortunately, on the day a civil war breaks out here and does the job that the military regime didn’t do. Killing some 30,000, starting with Fernando Henrique Cardoso, we can’t leave him out, no,” Bolsonaro said in a public television interview in 1999. “Innocent people will die, okay, but in every war, innocents die.”

And then you move over to snark at the appearance of two other heads of state.

This is what you like. You a-holes are happy about a guy who has explicitly said that Pinochet should have murdered more people, that democracy is weak and should be replaced.

It is enlightening.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

cool-story-bro-random-32789641-414-389.j

It kind of is!

"Today I learned that the reason why DR, 3rdnlong and Koko seem to say deranged things is because they like fascist dictatorships. That's why democracy, representation of the people and not brutally killing people who disagree with you seems like such a crazy idea to them!"

• Like (+1) 1