Where are all the darnold rosen and Mayfield fans?

Hebert19

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What exactly is strawman about it?

It is similar but not the same as a "red herring" in argumentative situations.

basically they are both diversions or redirections.

wkie: 

A red herring is an unrelated or irrelevant topic in an argument that distracts someone from the actual argument. A straw man, on the other hand, is when someone distorts an argument into a new, twisted version that's easier to argue against.Apr 14, 2016

Just now, SoTier said:

I'm just pointing out that first round "project" QBs haven't worked out in the last almost 20 years.  My guess is that that's likely a combo of their being drafted much too high for their actual talent level and for being put under pressure by being expected to start --and succeed -- too soon. 

You act like the 'project quarterback' title is as objective as height or hand size. It's a made-up term with no real meaning.

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

Fair enough but I'm in the camp that thinks he will succeed. And I think we've seen that all rookies QBs have their warts. 

I never go "all in" on young QBs.  Too many of those that look so promising as rookies or first year starters (Kaepernick and Griffin are two recent notables) fail to continue to develop into real franchise QBs.  I was very skeptical of Goff, Wentz, and Watson last season and Mahomes early this season.  I think all of them have demonstrated that they are, at worse, decent NFL QBs.   I don't think Dak Prescott is in the same league as the other four but I think he'll make a decent QB. JMO. 

I think that Jameis Winston has demonstrated maybe he's better than Ryan Fitzpatrick but he's not a franchise QB.  :D

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

Of the four QBs, one leads literally the worse offense in the history of the NFL. Honestly, in the history of the league for chrissakes. The same QB has, in 17 starts going back to 2017, thrown for less than 100 yards six times. 

I honestly don't care how bad the other guys have been. When you have the reins of the worst offense in the history of football, you have separated yourself from the other guys.

Period.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You act like the 'project quarterback' title is as objective as height or hand size. It's a made-up term with no real meaning.

My definitions of project QBs are those who need to work on physcial fundamentals before they have a real chance to become NFL QBs.  Frequently, that involves fixing their footwork or throwing motion or release.  Brady, Romo, and Cousins all improved key aspects of their ability to throw the football.  I wouldn't consider Phillip Rivers a "project" because the coaches in SD never tried to change his sidearm throwing motion (which he still uses BTW).

Hebert Dixneuf (19), you are very ill-informed if you think Baker is not a winner. He makes throws already and will get better. As long as Allen heals up ok he will get better too as so will Darnold. Rosen however, looks like he wants to quit already. I for one am glad we took the higher ceiling of the 2 as Allen looks like he is committed to football and Rosen does not. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s really weird there is a thread crapping on all the other QB’s when Allen has thrown the least touchdowns, yards, yards per attempt, yards yer game, completion percentage.

Somehow this is a defense of Allen? 

I don’t get it. 

Not a defense of JA but a nose thumbing at all the posters hating on JA and somehow enamored with the other three.

4 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Not a defense of JA but a nose thumbing at all the posters hating on JA and somehow enamored with the other three.

Obviously, they are all in pretty craptastic situations. That’s how you get picked that high.  Time will tell. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s really weird there is a thread crapping on all the other QB’s when Allen has thrown the least touchdowns, yards, yards per attempt, yards yer game, completion percentage.

Somehow this is a defense of Allen? 

I don’t get it. 

The point isn't crapping on other QBs.  The point is that they all have had ups and downs.  However, the downs of the other rookie QBs are ignored by those who continually harp on Allen.  Basically, the grass is greener crowd. None of these rookies can be said to be definitive hits or busts.  Not after 6-8 games.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayfield looks like the real deal--plus he's handicapped by the worst HC in NFL history.

What was the OP's point again?

The point is that for all the overreacting ninny's who have been criticizing every throw that Allen has made to look at the other QB's that the same overreacting ninny's were clamoring for are struggling just as much as Allen.

That's the point.

19 minutes ago, Magox said:

The point is that for all the overreacting ninny's who have been criticizing every throw that Allen has made to look at the other QB's that the same overreacting ninny's were clamoring for are struggling just as much as Allen.

That's the point.

missing-the-point-gif-2.gif

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm totally lost, you used NPC to insult someone else. And now you're insulting your own insult.

I get parodies, but you're really going down a weird path with this one. 

Which the fact you're insulting people with NPC speaks volumes about yourself. I didn't know that was a thing. 

Dude I didn't use NPC to insult anybody? I called it dumb from the beginning and then simply explained what it meant? I think you're confused. I called the groupthink in using it "ironic" but I personally have never used that as an insult, the stupidity of it all is my entire damn point.  I'm completely lost and think you confused me with somebody else or lost the conversation somewhere. Go back and reread, please. Somebody used the meme, I called it lame, and then explained what it meant when asked. That's it.

^ Gif above also works for this response as well.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It shows that patience is required for all rookie quarterbacks...

4 hours ago, sleeby said:

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

The point isn't crapping on other QBs.  The point is that they all have had ups and downs.  However, the downs of the other rookie QBs are ignored by those who continually harp on Allen.  Basically, the grass is greener crowd. None of these rookies can be said to be definitive hits or busts.  Not after 6-8 games.

Yeah, and none of this changes any criticisms that people have of Josh Allen. It’s not a pie. Baker Mayfields mistakes don’t make JA’s forgivable either.

Should note, Rosen’s stat line yesterday is pretty close to Allen’s Minnesota game. Mayfields, “terrible day at the office”, was still better than Josh Allen’s Houston, Tennessee, and GB games combined. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont have an answer for you other then the Chiefs did it differently.....whether it be right or whether it be wrong the bills decided to biuld this team in phases.......I fully expect this to be a concentrated effort this offseason to improve this offense

The chiefs had a viable NFL QB that they could win with and even win in the playoffs with. He just wasn't good enough to get them to the Superbowl.

Mahomes came into a perfect situation. Most high drafted rookie QB's don't, though.

None of these 4 have separated yet. My personal view having watched every snap that all 4 had taken (before yesterday's games I will get to them tomorrow) was that Mayfield and Darnold were pretty tightly together and slightly ahead of Rosen who was a squeak ahead of Allen. Not a criticism of Allen.. he was clearly the most raw coming out. All 4 are in tough spots playing on 4 of the worst 6 or 7 teams in the league and so far the pack is relatively closely grouped together. I think most people who have watched their games would say Mayfield and Darnold are clearly #1 and #2 but might argue the order and then Rosen and Allen are clearly #3 and #4 - again the order is arguable.

I think it is fine to have a view on where these guys stand at this point, but the reactionary week to week swings of opinion and emotional responses are not necessary. We are nearly halfway through... the 4 guys all came in as starters at different points.... we will have a better feel at the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

What did Allen do last week and what is he doing tonight?

Yesterday:

Baker: 180 2TD & 1INT

Rosen: 256 2TD & 1INT

Darnold: 153 1TD

Last 2 Games Combined of Future HOFer because he can't crack 100 yards: 166 1INT

This is a dumb thread. What are you watching? He has the lowest completion %, yards per attempt, worst TD rate, worst INT rate, and lowest QBR out of all of them. On top of that he's injured his throwing arm for the 4th time in 5 years. Seriously, what are you watching?

Edited by Elite Poster

8 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

This is a dumb thread. What are you watching? He has the lowest completion %, yards per attempt, worst TD rate, worst INT rate, and lowest QBR out of all of them. On top of that he's injured his throwing arm for the 4th time in 5 years. Seriously, what are you watching?

It's not a question of what they are watching, more of a question of what they are drinking...

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen is by far the worst of the bunch and that is the point that most of us tried to make before the draft. There were better options available. The other 3 aren't going to make the pro bowl this year either but Mayfield and Rosen were my top 2 and they look the part. Darnold is all over the place and I was never a fan because he's too inconsistent. The key to the QB position is accuracy and consistency. Darnold has the accuracy but Allen has neither. It wasn't hard to see what the outcome would be. Teams drafted them because of the other things they can do but I don't remember Brady or Montana jumping over dudes to get first downs. But they were both accurate and more important consistent.