Desean Jackson requests trade

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

An interesting question is whether it is going to be easier to pick-up some credible offensive linemen than credible receivers from the free agent market. The Bills have the wherewithal to pay more for the players they are interested in. They need to diligently scout the league rosters and come up with some decent targets to pursue. Whaley had his faults but he was good at coming up with mid-tier free agents who proved to be productive. 

I think OL will be easier to sign in FA than WR. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have 7 picks in rounds 4-7. We might as well use one of those on a WR.

I'm certainly not against using our draft assets to pick up a receiver but I think a player who has lost much of the speed and quickness he had is not what we need. Although he can catch and is crafty and runs good routes we need receivers who are quicker and who can get open. Garcon can still be productive with a good qb. It wouldn't be very productive with the situation we are in. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think OL will be easier to sign in FA than WR. 

This is an offseason where McBeane have to use their assets to upgrade the offense. Our OL has to be dramatically remade to function at a pro level and give our young qb a chance to succeed. I do believe that both the units on offense can be addressed this offseason with out good cap situation. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Signed through next year ... would be the downfield speed guy we lack. Shady’s boy.

I fully expect to have a young WR core here next season and a veteran FA, I don't see us blowing a draft pick on a 31 year old WR who Derek Anderson or Nate peterman couldn't even get the ball to because they have noodle arms. Zay Jones, a rookie WR in the 1st or 2nd round and a veteran WR not named Benjamin is my guess.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

my question is would you trade a first for Robbie Anderson? 

I know an offseason idea...but that dude is going to be tendered at a first no(RFA)? Love the guy on the field..seems like a chucklehead off so prolly a hard no for McD.

I want Bills to sign him and Enunwa(UFA)

I would not give the jets a top 10 pick.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

What makes you think that any of those guys are realistic trade options and affordable? If that were the case, the other 31 teams would have made the trades.

Which means they are NOT affordable and if they are traded for it will be a desperate team that finally agrees to an inflated price.

Other 31 teams don't need receivers.  Some do.  Some that did already made moves.  We are a team that came into the season with the worst WR group in the league.  We are a team that has made no moves at the position.

26 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Jackson even at his age would be the best WR on the team by far.  Under team friendly deal for next year.  They could package a bunch of low round picks for him and make a difference this year and next.

But I doubt McD thinks Jackson is a process guy.  

It took 3-1/2 pages for someone to mention this? With gang connections and more recently his car being involved in a hit and run, I seriously doubt he is even a blip on the McD radar.

21 minutes ago, Steve O said:

It took 3-1/2 pages for someone to mention this? With gang connections and more recently his car being involved in a hit and run, I seriously doubt he is even a blip on the McD radar.

I don’t know if he’s a process guy or not, but the things mentioned don’t seem to relate either way to McD’s process