Desean Jackson requests trade

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t like the idea of waiting until after the season. Do it now, develop the chemistry, learn the offense, make the rest of this season watchable and also you won’t have competition between more attractive teams. This is the time to do it. Our GM needs to see that but I doubt he will.

I don't think Sanu is available now unless you want to severely overpay. The Falcons GM is talking about them still making a run this year. He is an obvious post season cap casualty though at which point you might be able to flip them a 6th or a 7th and get him before he is cut. 

my question is would you trade a first for Robbie Anderson? 

I know an offseason idea...but that dude is going to be tendered at a first no(RFA)? Love the guy on the field..seems like a chucklehead off so prolly a hard no for McD.

I want Bills to sign him and Enunwa(UFA)

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Sanu is available now unless you want to severely overpay. The Falcons GM is talking about them still making a run this year. He is an obvious post season cap casualty though at which point you might be able to flip them a 6th or a 7th and get him before he is cut. 

Well let’s think about this for a minute. As currently constructed the falcons are in big trouble. They aren’t winning the way they should be in a completely stacked NFC south. They are going to need help to get past the teams ahead of them. The one place they have a surplus is at WR. With the emergence of Ridley and them already having a top 3 WR in the NFL, they can use Sanu (who they don’t need) to get better as a team. There is only 1 football. There is no need for Sanu in that offense. They do however need a RB badly. They also need help on defense. My suggestion would be Shaq Lawson and a 6th? Or if we are forced to, Shady for Sanu and maybe they give us a pick back. Them still being in it here will help us. The Falcons are not a complete team. And Sanu is being left out there anyway. If you get creative, I am sure he can be had at a reasonable price. A month before Cooper was traded I said we should look into that. That price ended up being a little steep but at least the Cowboys got a player that will help them. NFL teams are way to willing to trade proven players for so-so draft picks. Some teams understand this and take advantage and some don’t.

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

my question is would you trade a first for Robbie Anderson? 

I know an offseason idea...but that dude is going to be tendered at a first no(RFA)? Love the guy on the field..seems like a chucklehead off so prolly a hard no for McD.

I want Bills to sign him and Enunwa(UFA)

Not a first. But would consider him 

31 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Trade Shady to Philly. Bucs trade DJax back to Philly. The nightmare that was Chip Kelly erased forever.

Chip Kelly took over a 4-12 team and went 10-6 each of his first two seasons.  

Yeah he got rid of McCoy and Jackson but surprisingly they did not turn out to be big losses on the field.

And the training he gave Nick Foles ultimately allowed them to get a stunning SB victory.

So his legacy in Philly had a very positive ending. 

Contrast that to just a couple of many sketchy McDermott deals........trading Sammy Watkins and passing on Patrick Mahomes(or Watson)..............the first a blow that has lead to two seasons of having the worst WR corps in the NFL with no relief in sight and the second perhaps a franchise damning mistake.

Jeff Lurie fired Andy Reid after one losing season.............he fired Chip Kelly during a 7-9 season after two 10 win seasons........the lesson is that you don't need to trust a process if you know how to identify and hire good coaches.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he wanted to choose where he went he should have requested to be released. If TB does agree to trade him they will take the best offer for them, not go searching for the team with the best record. 

Im sure he has some power to steer this though

“I won’t report to buffalo” surely would make them think twice about being the highest bidder, for instance 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he wanted to choose where he went he should have requested to be released. If TB does agree to trade him they will take the best offer for them, not go searching for the team with the best record. 

Buffalo dealing for him would be a predictable disaster. He's the type of personality who is volatile and can't contain his emotions when things are not going right for him. If he played for the Bills how long do you think it would take for him to act out after our qbs couldn't get the ball to him enough to suit him? 

I'm not suggesting he's a bad guy. Without question he's a dynamic player whose mere presence has an effect on the defense.  It's just that for this team and city when his emotions get roiled he becomes a lingering distraction where the only  satisfactory solution  is to deal him off. It's an easy call: Just pass on him if he is available. 

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Im sure he has some power to steer this though

“I won’t report to buffalo” surely would make them think twice about being the highest bidder, for instance 

Whether a player can be compelled to go to a team he might not want to play for do you want to bring in that player when you already know how he feels? 

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

What?  DJ in Buffalo makes zero cents, actually, it makes negative sense.

1.  He would do NOTHING here this year, we have no QB who can read and throw with anticipation or accuracy.

2.  He's old for a WR at 31, the Bills are building for the FUTURE, not today.

3.  Giving him a contract extension is a terrible idea.

4.  Buffalo is probably right around the very last place he wants to be traded.

Good receivers hard to find (and sign in FA), we’re desperate, and have plenty of cap space. Why do we need to give him an extension now? Since when is 31 too old to play WR - he’s only signed until 2020 and can still play. It’s not only about this year... next year is huge for Allen’s development and he’s going to need more than a rookie from the draft to help that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are so many realistic, affordable,  trade options (at WR) that could help us now and later. These guys are asleep at the wheel. I don’t care what this season is supposed to be about. At this point, even if it was just about evaluating Allen...how can you do that of the guy has nobody to throw to? No team in the league needs help at WR more then the Bills. You still have 9 games left. This is an unacceptable group of WRs. All we do is give credit to these guys for collecting these draft picks and how they are currency. Use one. Use two. Get moving and get some nfl talent on offense. We have heard for weeks we might trade Shady, literally the only good player we have on offense. Then what? How do you learn anything about Allen or Dabol from this? Let’s go here

- D Jackson

-M Sanu

-A. Hurns

-T Austin 

-S Shepard 

-D Thomas

What makes you think that any of those guys are realistic trade options and affordable? If that were the case, the other 31 teams would have made the trades.

Which means they are NOT affordable and if they are traded for it will be a desperate team that finally agrees to an inflated price.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

What makes you think that any of those guys are realistic trade options and affordable? If that were the case, the other 31 teams would have made the trades.

Which means they are NOT affordable and if they are traded for it will be a desperate team that finally agrees to an inflated price.

The Bills are desperate and will need to pay an inflated price. It’s the same thing the Browns did with Jarvis Landry. It’s either that or sit around crying that you have no talent and then not going out and obtaining some. The bills don’t need to overpay at every positin to improve the team. They do at this one, until they are at the point where it is a desirable place for a decent WR to sign in FA. They have to get there first. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good receivers hard to find (and sign in FA), we’re desperate, and have plenty of cap space. Why do we need to give him an extension now? Since when is 31 too old to play WR - he’s only signed until 2020 and can still play. It’s not only about this year... next year is huge for Allen’s development and he’s going to need more than a rookie from the draft to help that.

You still like the Watkins trade?

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I’ve often said, that might work for many different positions of need. wR isn’t among them.

I'm not sure I agree with that. There will be good WR's available in free agency. The question is whether or not the Bills can convince them to sign here. Is that your concern?

The position group that I think will be very tough to address in free agency is offensive line. There is a shortage around the league and very few starting caliber linemen are going to actually hit the market.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Not every other team in the league needs to trade for a Wr. 31 other teams would make this move? Why would the Steelers have to? Or Kc? Or the other 2 dozen teams that have WRs better then any of these guys? The Bills are playing guys that wouldn’t even make teams. Each one of those guys are on teams that can absorb their loss at WR. The Cowboys absolutely would be in position to move a guy after they just gave up a 1 for Cooper. There aren’t an infinite amount of of touches and roster spots to go around. They have Cooper, Beasley, Gallop, Hurns and Austin. Obviously 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned would be one expendable. D Thomas has talked about being traded for weeks. I went through the Sanu thing and obviously Jackson is asking to be traded. The Giants are in full rebuild and would sell anything that’s not tied down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not every other team in the league needs to trade for a Wr. 31 other teams would make this move? Why would the Steelers have to? Or Kc? Or the other 2 dozen teams that have WRs better then any of these guys? The Bills are playing guys that wouldn’t even make teams. Each one of those guys are on teams that can absorb their loss at WR. The Cowboys absolutely would be in position to move a guy after they just gave up a 1 for Cooper. There aren’t an infinite amount of of touches and roster spots to go around. They have Cooper, Beasley, Gallop, Hurns and Austin. Obviously 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned would be one expendable. D Thomas has talked about being traded for weeks. I went through the Sanu thing and obviously Jackson is asking to be traded. The Giants are in full rebuild and would sell anything that’s not tied down. 

Yeah the Bills are in an astounding situation.............I don't think any league observer would have expected any team to leave themselves this barren at WR in 2017 and then AGAIN in 2018.

There is by no means an abundance of elite WR but there are many teams with an extra good WR2 or excellent WR3 on hand............but most are cautious enough to know that it's a matchup league and an injury or two could significantly alter their results passing the football.