Songs About Drugs

Chef Jim

Pete Townshend documented his struggles with heroin addiction in this song:

Ironically, Keith Moon's alcoholism was at its peak, affecting his ability to drum. The song is in 6/8 time and Keith kept screwing it up, hence the lack of drums in the recording. He admitted, "This sounds like $#!+, but I'm still the best Keith-Moon-style drummer in the world!"

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, T&C said:

Maybe Zappa and Love weren't but no way can that speak for the bands overall. I mean, Volman and Kaylan weren't exactly "take them home to meet mom" kinds of guys for instance. Even if we're just talking weed I'll bet most of them indulged to some degree.

Brian Wilson was a major druggie.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, T&C said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that the only person here who is familiar with this one is @row_33

Nope. I know it too. Back when I went to SU I was a weekend DJ at WOUR (when they were still freeform) and they played that song.

22 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One of my favorite songs from one of the best current rock bands that no one is listening to, out of Austin TX

I met Sabrina back in May. She was singing with Sweet Spirit.

The Monks - Drugs In My Pocket!

Does anyone remember WZIR 98.5, circa 1980-81?

Edit: Oops, I see that Philly McButterpants already posted this one.

Fraternity of Man - Last Call For Alcohol

These guys are famous for the "Don't Bogart That Joint" song...

Edited by Poleshifter

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, WhoTom said:

Pete Townshend documented his struggles with heroin addiction in this song:

Ironically, Keith Moon's alcoholism was at its peak, affecting his ability to drum. The song is in 6/8 time and Keith kept screwing it up, hence the lack of drums in the recording. He admitted, "This sounds like $#!+, but I'm still the best Keith-Moon-style drummer in the world!"

Wow you have to be some kind of ***** up not to be able to drum to that.  

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Wow you have to be some kind of ***** up not to be able to drum to that.  

He was more than capable - he'd done much more complicated drumming on Quadrophenia and Who's Next (early 70s). By '78, when this one was recorded, he was drunk almost constantly. A waste of a great talent.

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

He was more than capable - he'd done much more complicated drumming on Quadrophenia and Who's Next (early 70s). By '78, when this one was recorded, he was drunk almost constantly. A waste of a great talent.

fell apart quick, dead at 32....