SportsCenter Anchor's Jab This A.M.?

H2o

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Bingo. This is likely more of a “many bills fans live in a buffalo sports bubble” than ”everyone’s actually out to get us” thing

Just because we're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get us?

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Bingo. This is likely more of a “many bills fans live in a buffalo sports bubble” than ”everyone’s actually out to get us” thing

Just because we're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get us?

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It’s much, much more of a Sixers thing than a Bills thing around the country. That wasn’t a slam. 

Funny you say this.  My son and I went to get him a new jacket at a sports apparel store and a guy came walking in with a Sixers t-shirt that said, "Trust the Process."

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Funny you say this.  My son and I went to get him a new jacket at a sports apparel store and a guy came walking in with a Sixers t-shirt that said, "Trust the Process."

Just like some might think your avatar would be the first to be paired with the phrase, 'What, me worry?'  Alfred E. seems to be on the same plane as Chad P.

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The challenge is that if there are good 1-2 year plans rarely is the slow plan a good choice, right? Why would you ever hire the 5 year guy if there are 2 year turnarounds?

Rebuilds don't take as long as we keep harping they do.. you just need one of the better GMs, if we're good next year then this regime is alright by me. The seat gets HOT IMO when the year after isn't up to snuff. I see other teams turn around far too often in a much shorter span.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe that was Elle Duncan.  I used to know her personally as we went to the same high school....also dated her best friend.  

I only made this statement to brag I used to know a person on TV.  Am I cool now?

Why I just wasted 10 mins. of my life, and read through the three pages of this thread, is troubling.....but I digress. LOL I rarely watch anything on ESPN, but I do like their Saturday morning "College Gameday" show. So immediately prior to CGD coming on, I sometimes put on ESPN for a few minutes or so, and I have seen this Elle woman....and good Gawd, how did she get that job?! Just about all of the women getting jobs on any of the sports related networks are hot/attractive/eye candy, and she is far, far from that.

Anyway, good for her; maybe she got the job on her actual "merits."

20 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Why I just wasted 10 mins. of my life, and read through the three pages of this thread, is troubling.....but I digress. LOL I rarely watch anything on ESPN, but I do like their Saturday morning "College Gameday" show. So immediately prior to CGD coming on, I sometimes put on ESPN for a few minutes or so, and I have seen this Elle woman....and good Gawd, how did she get that job?! Just about all of the women getting jobs on any of the sports related networks are hot/attractive/eye candy, and she is far, far from that.

She had some smaller gigs in Atlanta before ending up on NESN.  I didn’t think she was too popular before NESN but she got recruited by them.  

She looks much different now.  She was chunky in HS with massive boobs...like massive.  She had to have a breast reduction because it was causing back issues.  She also had curly/fluffy hair.

“The process” is synonymous with tanking and player exoduses 

3 hours ago, John in Jax said:

This post screams jealousy. You mad a woman got a sports related job and you, a “man,” didn’t? Lmao, such weakness

18 hours ago, Overdue Bill said:

Hmm...these kind of conversations are interesting but the bottom line is that you never know for sure in these "rebuilding" situations what is true. If McDermott builds a successful team in the next 2 years (assuming the owners give him that much time) than we will all be ranting about how his slow and steady process was genius. If they continue to falter, then we will say that it was all a crock and he was clueless. Building a winning franchise has so many variables (many outside of the coaches control) that it is impossible to say for certain whether someone's process is correct or not. Brady might has been a forgotten guy out of the league if the Bills or Jets had drafted him without a supporting cast.

Or if Bledsoe didn’t get hurt.

22 hours ago, Gigs said:

“The process” is synonymous with tanking and player exoduses 

This post screams jealousy. You mad a woman got a sports related job and you, a “man,” didn’t? Lmao, such weakness

Just seeing this now.....I don't spend every waking minute on the internet.

I'm LMAO....no jealousy here, just absolute facts.  MOST (young....you do notice that 99% are under 30, right?) women get their gigs on sports networks because they are "eye candy." It is what it is. And yes, there are TONS of men who have been toiling for years, in small markets, doing sports reporting and/or anchoring, who have WAY more experience and knowledge than these nubile young hotties (I am not one of these guys), yet they are not getting those sweet network gigs. So when some ugly duckling gets one of these jobs, it's quite a surprise.

Now, personally, it baffles me, because I have never, ever tuned in to any sports event, or any sports show, because of the aforementioned eye candy. LOL

Edited by John in Jax

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, H2o said:

Sitting here watching SC this morning and they were talking about the NFL trade deadline. They start rambling off who has been moved already and then start mentioning how "tanking" has never really been called such in the NFL, but you can see it with the moves teams make. They end the segment before switching to basketball saying something about, "Now is maybe where we could try and insert some moniker like 'Trust the process' or something,"  in a condescending tone. The female anchor says, "That's your segway to basketball? Really?" He could have been making a reference to the Sixers with their years of tanking or it could have been a half-jab at McDermott and his cold sore medication. I'm not sure really, but the football talk of tanking and then the McDermott slogan makes me think it was more in reference to the Bills. Am I mentioning this because it is something to get pissed about? No, not at all. Kind of funny though. 

Show us exactly on the doll where the sports anchor touched you.