Sal Maiorana: Tremaine Edmunds "A Legit Star in the Making"

2 hours ago, Augie said:

...and he’s forced the ball lose on multiple occasions. Let’s hope THAT continues! 

If Edmunds AND Allen reach their potential, this will be a draft for the ages. The stuff of legends. Bigger to us than the ‘83 QB draft. (I’m NOT saying it will happen, and Allen still has a longer way to go, but just IF.) 

I agree with you, plus CB Teron Johnson and DT Harrison Phillips also look promising at this point, here's to hoping my brothers. ??

• Like (+1) 1

Even allowing for his rookie status, the kid is making a few good plays a game, whether it be a QB pressure, a deflection, a pass breakup, whatever. In the grand scheme of things, imho, he’s doing the sorts of things we can hope for on a regular basis in the future, and I’m convinced it will be a good and significant one.

I think we can be a lot more confident in him, than Allenby.

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude he got faked 15 times last week.  I think he'll get better but if he doesn't he won't be a star.

This board is so how did the player play in the last game......

OVERALL through all the games he has been pretty darn good...not just for a rookie but for a starter

You can go just by one game and say "Duhhhhh  well if he wasnt better then his last game....Duhhhhhh"

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Every time I hear the Bills have a "legit star in the making," I can't help thinking "Legit star...for another team."

yep. better hurry up and win something, bc he'll be gone after year 4 or 5 .  three/four years is a long time.  

I see the Bills being killer next year.   but that's just me .   ProcessTruster (aka 8&8Forever) .  go bills.  Trust the Process.  

Be scorin my seasons for next season from some bailer

Edited by ProcessTruster

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Of course, he makes mistakes.  He's a freaking 20 year old rookie.  But he's taking on far more responsibility that most young rookies would be entrusted with, and he's doing a lot of things well.  He's learning as he goes, and he's already significantly better than his first game.

Well Luke Keukly was only 21. And Edmunds has not been the player LK was his rookie year (either before or after he took over at MLB). Somebody asked whether Edmunds was better than Ridley and #65. Ridley is legit as a #1 receiver IMO so the answer to that question is not obvious. 

Edmunds has all the physical traits, like Allen, but there is lots of room for needed improvement in his case too. 

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The best thing is that he is so young, if he really becomes great...10 years from now he could still only be 30 and have years left in the tank 

not trying to pick a fight. But in 10 years, there is no particular reason to think in the era of free agency he is any more likely to be in Buffalo than on any other team.  

One would think some people on this board are never satisfied.   Player x doesn't play perfect every snap, every game, player x didn't wake to be the greatest of all time.   When we don't get recognition from outside reporters, the lowly bills are shunned and hated, when we do its not legit reporting and discredited. 

It's frustrating to read.   

Dude has made some good plays but I feel as if granting him future star status based on size, athleticism and age is unsubstantiated. 

“He’s 6-5 250lbs and runs sideline to sideline and he is only 20 years old” 

Nothing hear shows me he will develop MENTALLY which is where is game needs to improve. 

I hope he continues to grow, plays more decisive and can get off blocks by being in better position. I don’t doubt his physical strengths and the upside, but nothing I’ve seen so far has shown me “star in the making” more than say, Milano has. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This board is so how did the player play in the last game......

OVERALL through all the games he has been pretty darn good...not just for a rookie but for a starter

You can go just by one game and say "Duhhhhh  well if he wasnt better then his last game....Duhhhhhh"

You're right.  He's a superstar.  He's better than Singletary.  No need to improve.

"This left the middle of the field looking like a downtown Rochester intersection at midnight — meaning there was no one there —"

Yeesh. Sal, whether it's writing 101 or comedy 101, you should know that your readers get it the first time. 

Cool read. though. Poyer comparing him to a giant horse is inspiring.

3 hours ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

Get out of here with that type of positivity! Don't you know the instant gratification crowd wants all offense, all the time NAO!!!! Defense no longer wins championships... get a no-huddle, air raid offense and watch the Lombardi trophies pile up. No need for defense! Trade Edmunds for Tyreek Hill NAO! Git er' done McBeane!!! 

It's not exactly fun to watch and spend money on a horrible team while hoping that they may be good in 2, 3, 8 years. There are bright spots and I agree that Edmunds is one of them, but people have every right to complain.

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thinking the mileage is more important than the year...

That's partly true, but it is also about your body being able to heal up from the punishment each week. After 30, healing slows down. Guys take punishment and aren't able to come back from it like they used to. Edmunds should be able to have a longer career than normal.

Plus a lot of Linebackers play well into their 30's as it is.

6 hours ago, KW95 said:

To be honest, I haven't really noticed him this year.  He's played almost every snap.  I've noticed more of Peterman against the Texans than I have all year with Edmunds.

So you watched like 2 games so far this year is what you are saying........

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

You're right.  He's a superstar.  He's better than Singletary.  No need to improve.

All or nothing.....gotta love it.