Sal Maiorana: Tremaine Edmunds "A Legit Star in the Making"

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You dont know what your talking about

My thought exactly...yeah he is still learning where to go with his zone drops at times but he haa gotten much better and that video of him running stride for stride foe 20 yards with a WR in a deep Tampa 2 coverage that led to a Mariotta sack was unbelievable...MLBs should not be turning and running with WRs for 20 yards downfield..

24 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

By "Legit Star in the Making", is Sal saying Edmunds can develop into a Star Lotulelei? Christ, I don't want a morbidly obese middle linebacker who misses games due to gout. 

"Morbidly Obese" 

Star Lotulelei(2).jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

My thought exactly...yeah he is still learning where to go with his zone drops at times but he haa gotten much better and that video of him running stride for stride foe 20 yards with a WR in a deep Tampa 2 coverage that led to a Mariotta sack was unbelievable...MLBs should not be turning and running with WRs for 20 yards downfield..

Yep....it was explained that this was what the McD was looking for from his MLB and why Preston Brown was allowed to leave.....Edmunds is a absolute freak AND so young and still filling out his body the finish product should be a absolute monster that you have to account for on every play

As it is right now he always seems to be around the ball

34 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

By "Legit Star in the Making", is Sal saying Edmunds can develop into a Star Lotulelei? Christ, I don't want a morbidly obese middle linebacker who misses games due to gout. 

Seriously?  Have you even seen this guy?  He is not obese at all.  Or are just making an assumption because he plays DT?  Guy is mostly muscle.

I cannot wait to see him once he's fully developed and more relaxed in what he's doing.    There are 30 year olds who don't understand NFL defenses, and this kid is 20.   I understand why he gets caught out of position or gets manipulated with the QBs eyes.   But his physical ability is limitless.    Give him one full offseason working with our S&C coaches, working with his position coaches, and his DC instead of doing the 40, and interviewing with 32 teams, and doing private workouts.   All he has to concentrate on now is football.    

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Seriously?  Have you even seen this guy?  He is not obese at all.  Or are just making an assumption because he plays DT?  Guy is mostly muscle.

I've got to assume the guy was making a piss-poor attempt at humor. He failed. Badly.