Opposing Fan Ettiquete

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have no observed this fan behavior disproportionate to other venues.  Generally, with a few exceptions, I have founds Bills fans to be respectful and even accommodating.

I concur, and must throw in I was impressed by how many times in Green Bay I was told “welcome to Wisconsin”. THAT beats a punch in the nose! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

I live in NYC area and been to 3 Bills away game at Metlife and many Sabres games against Rangers, Islanders and Devils.  I never felt intimidated or scared cheering for away teams.  In Buffalo, Bills fans (many drunk) are very vocal and hostile towards away fans.

that is just not true..

On 10/27/2018 at 9:44 PM, Augie said:

I concur, and must throw in I was impressed by how many times in Green Bay I was told “welcome to Wisconsin”. THAT beats a punch in the nose! 

The same happened when I went to the Bills @ Saints game a few years ago. I had two big burly guys stop me

"Did you come all the way from Buffalo just for this game?" I like to get into the stadium earlier than my buddies I go with,  so I was alone and fearing for my life at this point. 

"Yes sir!"

"Well, thanks for coming down. The tourist industry has died since Katrina, and we need all the help we can get. If you want seafood after the game, go here. If you want a steak, go here."

There was one guy that was being a real a-hole to mostly me, and the rest of the Bills fans with me. Had like three Saints fans behind me asking me to please not let him ruin my experience, or my opinion of their fan base. Overall, a really cool time except of course the score. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, kkim0904 said:

I live in NYC area and been to 3 Bills away game at Metlife and many Sabres games against Rangers, Islanders and Devils.  I never felt intimidated or scared cheering for away teams.  In Buffalo, Bills fans (many drunk) are very vocal and hostile towards away fans.

I've never seen Bills fans do anything more than boo opposing teams' fans as they walked up/down the stairs in the stadium.  And it's always in good fun.

• Haha (+1) 1

when a visitor, be kind and polite, and don't overreact to what happens on the field.

it's not going to go down well with 500 against 95,000, or sitting in the downtown jail overnight

and some places are just plain meaner than others, trust us.....

just because nothing happened to you SO FAR doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others and won't happen the next time you go to a visiting situation in most any sport

surprisingly baseball is usually the most likely to cause a petty fight of those I've attended

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've never seen Bills fans do anything more than boo opposing teams' fans as they walked up/down the stairs in the stadium.  And it's always in good fun.

i've seen Bills fans do some evil on fans in other jerseys, it's probably a lot less likely than in the 70s or 80s

again just because you haven't seen it SO FAR doesn't mean it didn't happen or won't happen in the future...

13 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Is it acceptable to whip out yer junk and shake it at the other teams fans?................asking for a friend.

In December Buffalo games there may not be much to shake around ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

My first ever game at the Ralph I watched the angry drunk next to me who was dressed like a Bills themed Ronald McDonald threaten a Raiders fan a few rows in front of us with "Why don't I come down there and kick your ass in front of your kid!"  The rest of the fans in my section thought this was a pretty good idea and this man rushed out of the stadium with his 7 year old son in a shower of beer, ice, and garbage.

• Haha (+1) 1

fans can on a given day be surly and bitter and drunk and looking to make trouble where it wasn't remotely invoked

don't you dare tell people otherwise just because you have been fine so far

at Columbus it is understood Michigan fans have an hour to clear out of town before it could get ugly, I usually traveled with people in Michigan gear and this allowance was heeded wiselely

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was at a game in the early 90's with my nephew who was 12 at the time.

We were sitting in the upper deck and these fans a few rows behind us lit a Raiders jersey on fire.

The next thing that happened was a mini brawl then security came and tossed a few people out.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

when a visitor, be kind and polite, and don't overreact to what happens on the field.

it's not going to go down well with 500 against 95,000, or sitting in the downtown jail overnight

and some places are just plain meaner than others, trust us.....

just because nothing happened to you SO FAR doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others and won't happen the next time you go to a visiting situation in most any sport

surprisingly baseball is usually the most likely to cause a petty fight of those I've attended

i've seen Bills fans do some evil on fans in other jerseys, it's probably a lot less likely than in the 70s or 80s

again just because you haven't seen it SO FAR doesn't mean it didn't happen or won't happen in the future...

Oh, I'm sure it happens; I just think it's - by far - the exception and not the rule.

I attended a Mets/Sox game at Fenway last month.  I purposely wore my Pedro Martinez Mets jersey and more than one Sox fan commented, "yeah, he's a Mets fan, but at least he's got a Pedro jersey on."

The only problem I've ever had as an opposing fan was last year at the BUF/NYJ game.  It was just one guy being a dick and that wasn't even close to escalating to a fight. 

as mentioned above, never bee in a fight at an NFL game..but tonight was close. Masshole fans are a special group.

Truly, the worst fans in sport by  a country mile are traveling Boston fans..tools last night in the bats inAllentoen..tools tonight in the stadium.

I could 100% see why someone would take a swing at them..and then all we would hear is what cretins Bills fan are....really Massholes?? screwing a Buffalo on the way out of the stadium, mocking the shout song...and then crying like ***** cause "yall are sore losers" and calling the cops over?

On 10/26/2018 at 11:52 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Where's the line drawn between friendly banter, and blatant disrespect between fans of rival/opposing teams? Trash talking is part of the fun of being a fan of the sport, but how far is too far? 

The reason I ask is because I was at the Debacle in Houston. I'll admit I'm a loud fan. Yelling on defense, getting excited when we do good, and angry when we play bad. But I've never been disrespectful, and keep foul language to a minimum. Some Texans fans were annoyed by how loud I was when the Bills were on defense, and after the pick six, decided to grab me by the shoulders and violently shake me. I wasn't hurt or anything, but that obviously crossed the line. 

Really, I never even got mad at the Texans, just at the Bills. 

I feel this way at new era. You can root for who you want, say whatever you want to me. And I'll say some ***** back. But you can't touch me. If you push me or start doing some ***** like that, all bets are off. I feel like that at home games too. If someone starts putting their hands on someone who was just being an annoying fan and talking *****, that ain't cool.

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

as mentioned above, never bee in a fight at an NFL game..but tonight was close. Masshole fans are a special group.

Truly, the worst fans in sport by  a country mile are traveling Boston fans..tools last night in the bats inAllentoen..tools tonight in the stadium.

I could 100% see why someone would take a swing at them..and then all we would hear is what cretins Bills fan are....really Massholes?? screwing a Buffalo on the way out of the stadium, mocking the shout song...and then crying like ***** cause "yall are sore losers" and calling the cops over?

Just call them ugly. All that other drama isn't worth it. 

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Boston is a bad set of fans, Red Sox hordes are way worse than what the Yankees bring to Toronto

keep sober and enjoy the game and try not to needlessly offend a jerk, and step in to help someone who doesn't deserve it if it erupts

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was wondering how awful they were last night. I’ve traveled to 6 different stadiums so far in my life for bills games and the worst gameday experience I’ve ever had was in our own backyard up at orchard park, the first game Brady played us after his suspension.

after dealing with those MASSholes I told my wife, as we walked out of the stadium, I may never attend another game involving the pats. And I mean that. I have no desire to deal with them when I’m spending money to try and enjoy a venue. 

All the same type. Drunk cocky idiots in there mid 20’s that hopped on the bandwagon back when they were 10-12 years old and have never had to deal with losing. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Boston is a bad set of fans, Red Sox hordes are way worse than what the Yankees bring to Toronto

keep sober and enjoy the game and try not to needlessly offend a jerk, and step in to help someone who doesn't deserve it if it erupts

| actually used to like the Red Sox. I grew up an Indians fan (because of their affiliation with the Bisons), but always rooted for the Red Sox when the Indians were out of playoff contention. Their fans seemed cool, and we all had a mutual hatred for the Yankees. Then 2004 happened, and I'll admit, I loved it. When they came back from the 0-3 hole. But after that, all the massholes came out of the woodwork, along with bandwagon non New England are fans, and they've become as bad, arguably worse, than the Yankees. 

24 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

| actually used to like the Red Sox. I grew up an Indians fan (because of their affiliation with the Bisons), but always rooted for the Red Sox when the Indians were out of playoff contention. Their fans seemed cool, and we all had a mutual hatred for the Yankees. Then 2004 happened, and I'll admit, I loved it. When they came back from the 0-3 hole. But after that, all the massholes came out of the woodwork, along with bandwagon non New England are fans, and they've become as bad, arguably worse, than the Yankees. 

Yankees fans know and respect the game

And are better visitors than Boston