Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I stumbled onto a mission (a secret one I think?) behind the drug store in Valentine. 

Go behind the store. Peek in the window and a guy is there counting money at a table. The game notifies you that the mission is unlocked.

Go around to the front of the store and rob the store. Left trigger the guy and point a gun at him. 

He takes you to the back to let you in where the guy at the table was with the money.

Shite goes down as you eliminate them.

Take the cash. Open the wooden box on the table and it gives you a sweet Schofield Revolver!

Make sure to bring a stick of dynamite with you and blow the safe on the wall! More cash!!

Chest on the ground as well but can't remember what's in it but there is something there. 

Beware, you are going to have to shoot your way out of this mess you made.

Great fun!

Also, you should hitch your horse a bit of a distance away from the drugstore because once the lead starts flying your horse will be nowhere to be found. I left him at the opposite end of the street where they are constructing a new building. I just had to run to him after. They will pursue you on horseback.

I found that mission too but didn't think to blow up the safe.  I'll keep that in mind later

There's a silimar mission in Rhodes that gets you a repeater.  

Ive helped some folks get out of bear traps or healed a snakebite.   Later I'd be in town and run into the guy sitting on a porch near the gunshop.  To show his gratitude he tells you to go to the gunshop and pick out anything and out it on his tab.  Picked up few free guns that way

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

I found that mission too but didn't think to blow up the safe.  I'll keep that in mind later

Ive helped some folks get out of bear traps or healed a snakebite.   Later I'd be in town and run into the guy sitting on a porch near the gunshop.  To show his gratitude he tells you to go to the gunshop and pick out anything and out it on his tab.  Picked up few free guns that way

I helped that guy. I shall make my way to Rhodes!

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

You only get a perfect pelt if the animal is three stars. 

When you target or study an animal there will be one, two, or three stars next to the name.  This tells you the highest quality pelt you could receive (1 star for poor, 2 for good, 3 for perfect).   If you study the animal you will see what type of weapon and ammo is needed for the highest available pelt.  And then depending on the animal you have to hit a critical spot (which are marked via dead eye)

:beer: 

Absolutely. But if you do it with a lasso and your hunting knife, you don't need the special ammo or dead eye to keep the 3 star pelts perfect (that's how I should have phrased it). It feels a little like a cheat, because once you get good at the lasso it becomes REAL easy to hunt.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I helped that guy. I shall make my way to Rhodes!

i heard him calling for hellp, but by the time i got there, he was dead.

anyone figure out what running into the mad preacher in the wilderness does for you?

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Did you suck the poison out?

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm seeing a lot of commercials on TV for this game now!

And a ton of references to RDR2 in last night's episode of South Park

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I sucked it out and nothing happened. He thanked me and walked off. 

You should have asked him to take you to dinner first

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

And a ton of references to RDR2 in last night's episode of South Park

You should have asked him to take you to dinner first

South Park was awesome last night 

well, he did provide me with a whole bunch of Cream. He said all I had to do was close my eyes and suck it out of a hose. 

18 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. I did that one too. Was awesome. You made the same move I did. Of course you accepted all the drinks and wanted to bang his wife. 

What you didn’t do it sounds like... is go back to the farm. Hunt down the guy and his wife/sister inside the house and kill them both. Then find the picture of their mother on the wall and investigate it. You will get all you money back and then some. 

Oh I went back alright. Semi auto shotgun to the wife/sister as I walked in the door and a couple slugs to the big guy as he came down the stairs. Took me a min to figure out where the money was. Was about to leave and the investigate thing popped up as I walked by. Safe behind the pic. 

Heads up (with a minor spoiler) for anyone collecting pelts to upgrade your satchel and camp.  Pay attention to morale in camp as you follow the main story line

General spoiler

Parsons leaves camp at some point and you will no longer be able to turn in the pelts

More specific spoiler

Late in Chapter 6 / Beaver Hollow camp

Does anyone know a way to get toilet paper upgrades?  Every time I take a dump I have to use the scratchy single ply type.  It gave me roids and now my aim is off.  I tried to shoot the legendary epic golden bullfrog but at the last second had to scratch my ass.  The frog hopped away.  I've been looking for him ever since.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Does anyone know a way to get toilet paper upgrades?  Every time I take a dump I have to use the scratchy single ply type.  It gave me roids and now my aim is off.  I tried to shoot the legendary epic golden bullfrog but at the last second had to scratch my ass.  The frog hopped away.  I've been looking for him ever since.

This is set in the old West.  There was no toilet paper.  Man up and just use a leaf

If you're looking for an epic bullfrog, check the Saint Denis vaudeville show

giphy.gif&f=1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

This is set in the old West.  There was no toilet paper.  Man up and just use a leaf

If you're looking for an epic bullfrog, check the Saint Denis vaudeville show

giphy.gif&f=1

I guess you didn't get to chapter 9.

No thanks to you I figured it out but now my guy has toenail fungus.  WTF?

How well does the bait work for hunting?  I've been messing around with that portion of the game a bunch lately, but I'm dumb and just keep following them around endlessly.  I was chasing some elk around a pond the other day and when I got back to my horse, there was a bear slowly approaching it.  That was my first lesson about how if you shoot the thing too many times, you can't salvage anything from it.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:24 PM, mrags said:

Yeah. I did that one too. Was awesome. You made the same move I did. Of course you accepted all the drinks and wanted to bang his wife. 

What you didn’t do it sounds like... is go back to the farm. Hunt down the guy and his wife/sister inside the house and kill them both. Then find the picture of their mother on the wall and investigate it. You will get all you money back and then some. 

I loved that mission. I was genuinely pissed off and knew my horse was still there that's how I knew where to go. I entered the house and she was there. I hesitated because I wanted to see what she would do. She said something and then started to come at me. Blew her away and then tracked hubby down and got him.!

6 hours ago, shrader said:

How well does the bait work for hunting?  I've been messing around with that portion of the game a bunch lately, but I'm dumb and just keep following them around endlessly.  I was chasing some elk around a pond the other day and when I got back to my horse, there was a bear slowly approaching it.  That was my first lesson about how if you shoot the thing too many times, you can't salvage anything from it.

Quickest , easiest way for a perfect pelt or 1 shot kill is to equip a rifle with a scope 

zoom in scope and go dead eye and just line up the head shot

1 shot 1 kill clean pelt