Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a ride but worth it. Save it when you get close to the lake and be sure to walk towards the horse with it targeted (study it first, then you can calm it as you walk towards it). Took me a few tries before I figured out I had to study it first.

Seems like it would be worth it. Horses seem to be a bit of work to maintain. 

I was up until almost 12 am last night chasing down treasure maps(Poisonous Trail mission). Pretty fun but I kept wandering into hostile territory looking for them. Died a few times. A fun, time-sucking game though. I got the XBox One 4K console (can't remember the official name) on a 55" 4K Samsung and the graphics are crazy with not a trace of frame rates dropping.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, /dev/null said:

There is a glitch that lets you get $15,000 (30 gold bars x $500 each).  If you do it right you can do it continuously for about $45k per hour cash.  Not gonna post it here because it maybe considered an exploit, but you can Google it if you're interested

Thanks... working on it now.. :D

21 hours ago, /dev/null said:

There is a glitch that lets you get $15,000 (30 gold bars x $500 each).  If you do it right you can do it continuously for about $45k per hour cash.  Not gonna post it here because it maybe considered an exploit, but you can Google it if you're interested

Never understood why anyone would want to do something like this and ruin the challenge that is getting your funds up and having to make decisions on how you spend your money.  Especially on a first play through.  The ability to buy everything and anything you want in game just sounds pretty boring to me. 

23 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Never understood why anyone would want to do something like this and ruin the challenge that is getting your funds up and having to make decisions on how you spend your money.  Especially on a first play through.  The ability to buy everything and anything you want in game just sounds pretty boring to me. 

An integral part of the game is earning money. Kinda takes the fun out of it by using cheats or glitches. Why bother playing?

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I also don't like how, in order to get gold on missions, you need to slog on with a lot of "trip" and dialogue.  Typical Rockstar/GTA has always allowed you to "skip" the trips.

One of the camp improvements is an upgraded tent for Arthur which opens up quick travel from the camp to the towns you have visited.  You can also take the train between towns and recover your horse at the stable.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Found the horse. Was calming him down and was attacked by wolves. Horse ran towards the north but other than that I have no idea where it went. Been searching around the lake but haven't found it. 

I think you might only get one shot at it at the lake - if you spook it and lose it you need to reload to before you found it. (I think... not entirely sure)

It's amazing how much time I can pass with this game. Spent a solid 2 or 3 hours the other night hunting down the legendary moose up in the northeast. Also really enjoyed taking a train up to a random city (which turned out to be in the NE corner of the map) and then just rode my horse down the coast discovering a lot of other areas. I'm probably a solid 30-40 hours in and it says I'm like 30% of the way through the story missions and like 42% of the way through the game.

51 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It's amazing how much time I can pass with this game. Spent a solid 2 or 3 hours the other night hunting down the legendary moose up in the northeast. Also really enjoyed taking a train up to a random city (which turned out to be in the NE corner of the map) and then just rode my horse down the coast discovering a lot of other areas. I'm probably a solid 30-40 hours in and it says I'm like 30% of the way through the story missions and like 42% of the way through the game.

Does the whole eagle eye thing with hunting get any easier to deal with?  I haven't had much luck with it so far, but I've only just messed around a bit so far.  The trails just seem to end and then there's nothing in sight.

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

Does the whole eagle eye thing with hunting get any easier to deal with?  I haven't had much luck with it so far, but I've only just messed around a bit so far.  The trails just seem to end and then there's nothing in sight.

I haven't really had an issue with the trails ending unless you're referring to the "Tracking _____" bar emptying. You have to keep entering eagle eye every once in awhile to reset the bar as far as I can tell.

My issue with the moose is that he kept moving at the last second, so I had to shoot him like 5 times and each time I missed, I spent another half hour running around in circles trying to track him again. By the time I finally killed him, eagle eye just looked like a gigantic spider web because we had run laps around the same creek like 50 times.

41 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I haven't really had an issue with the trails ending unless you're referring to the "Tracking _____" bar emptying. You have to keep entering eagle eye every once in awhile to reset the bar as far as I can tell.

My issue with the moose is that he kept moving at the last second, so I had to shoot him like 5 times and each time I missed, I spent another half hour running around in circles trying to track him again. By the time I finally killed him, eagle eye just looked like a gigantic spider web because we had run laps around the same creek like 50 times.

I figured out that it times out eventually.  My guess is that I've been dumb enough to follow the tracks in the wrong direction.  So instead of following it to where the animal is, I'm following it to where they started from.  From what I've seen, I can't quite tell if there is a direction to it or not.

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

I figured out that it times out eventually.  My guess is that I've been dumb enough to follow the tracks in the wrong direction.  So instead of following it to where the animal is, I'm following it to where they started from.  From what I've seen, I can't quite tell if there is a direction to it or not.

I'm not positive, but I think it might light up in a way that it very quickly and briefly shows you the direction (starts out lighting up on the left and very quickly lights up towards the right to show that the animal was headed towards the right), but I'm not entirely sure. I usually only track animals after I initially see them flee anyways so I know which direction they were headed.

19 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Found the horse. Was calming him down and was attacked by wolves. Horse ran towards the north but other than that I have no idea where it went. Been searching around the lake but haven't found it. 

I was able to calm him and actually get on the horse but he threw me off and I haven't been able to find him since. After reloading my saved games a half dozen times and still couldn't find him I had to give up. Might try again sometime.

I know the attention to detail in this is beyond but geeze.. ?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/crazymammoth1/video/63162321

39 minutes ago, Dante said:

I was able to calm him and actually get on the horse but he threw me off and I haven't been able to find him since. After reloading my saved games a half dozen times and still couldn't find him I had to give up. Might try again sometime.

I know the attention to detail in this is beyond but geeze.. ?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/crazymammoth1/video/63162321

My friend and i zig-zagged the most of the area for a while and no luck. I'll hear a horse every so often but there won't be one around. Idk if i can hear my horse from far away or what but there was no sign of a horse near me at that time. Sucks going all the way up there for no reason.