Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

9 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have 1 horse named Azel.....hes about 3/4 the height of any other horses and his stats aren't that great but it seems to do pretty well. Is there any benefits of having a real good horse as opposed to a medium horse?

If you feed Azel the licorice whip he actually grows.

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Better stamina and less prone to bucking when attacked by wild animals 

a bit faster too

Mans it definitely helps on those missions where you have to flee from the law. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I just started playing the game. People in town are real @$$holes to me. Is this because I have a bounty in the town? Will that change if I pay it off. Or is that because off the whole honor meter thing?

What town? Valentine? Did you fight the bar owner yet?

17 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I just started playing the game. People in town are real @$$holes to me. Is this because I have a bounty in the town? Will that change if I pay it off. Or is that because off the whole honor meter thing?

could either be your recent actions or overall honor rating

your reputation (honor meter) preceeds you.  If you're known to be a dishonorable outlaw, the people will be suspicious of you.  If you have a good reputation they will be friendly and shopkeepers will offer a discount

But even with a high honor rating, if you cause trouble around town the people in that town will remember your actions for awhile

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yes. Just finished that, and like, two other missions. I've also accidently shot a few people. Lol. Pressed a wrong button once or twice.

I think the fight is why the townspeople are unfriendly. I've also inadvertently shot a butcher in an attempt to sell him a raccoon pelt. 

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think the fight is why the townspeople are unfriendly. I've also inadvertently shot a butcher in an attempt to sell him a raccoon pelt. 

Lol. I did the same exact thing. I realized once while aiming my gun that the game wouldn't let me shoot my horse. So I was showing my wife, who loves animals, how the game doesn't let you shoot horses, and accidentally killed a horse. Learned the hard way that it just won't let you kill your own horse. Lol. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I did the same thing to the trapper really early when trying to sell him a legendary pelt.  L2 + R2 + forgetting you have a gun in hand = bullet to the face of the trapper

19 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

So... has anyone seen Gavin? 

this apparently is one of the few things that no player has been able to figure out yet.  i saw a list recently of other events/occurrences that no one could figure out.  i'll see if i can find it at some point.

https://moot.us/lounges/61/boards/240/posts/514498

here's a solid link.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

this apparently is one of the few things that no player has been able to figure out yet.  i saw a list recently of other events/occurrences that no one could figure out.  i'll see if i can find it at some point.

They apparently do this in all their games, slowly letting the mystery solve itself over time and updates.  It's great for those people who like to dig around and play forever, but I never have the time/interest to see it all play out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shrader said:

They apparently do this in all their games, slowly letting the mystery solve itself over time and updates.  It's great for those people who like to dig around and play forever, but I never have the time/interest to see it all play out.

that certainly makes sense.  i'm with you though...once i finish the story, (if i do get that far) i move on from the game.  i played the online a bit, but i just kept hearing a kid swear about how he was getting lit up, and no one would help him.  i need to figure how to turn that ***** off.

1 minute ago, teef said:

that certainly makes sense.  i'm with you though...once i finish the story, (if i do get that far) i move on from the game.  i played the online a bit, but i just kept hearing a kid swear about how he was getting lit up, and no one would help him.  i need to figure how to turn that ***** off.

Is his name Gavin by any chance?