Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

Mine is installing right now.  87 GB so taking a long time.  Wish I would have done it at midnight so I could have woken up to it being installed already.  Sometimes working from home has it's advantages and today is one of those days!

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I will definitely be playing this game at some point.  I buy maybe 1 or 2 games a year and it usually takes a random moment of boredom to actually make the purchase.  I haven't read or watched a single thing about this game in the last couple months, but I completely trust that they've put out a solid game.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I will definitely be playing this game at some point.  I buy maybe 1 or 2 games a year and it usually takes a random moment of boredom to actually make the purchase.  I haven't read or watched a single thing about this game in the last couple months, but I completely trust that they've put out a solid game.

It's getting rave reviews which is rare these days for triple-A titles.

My download just completed (about 2.5 hours).  I'm jumping in now for a couple hours.

Edited by Mark80

32 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, Im not much of a gamer. Actually finally buying a PS4 specifically for this game (the PS4 Pro/RDR2 bundle for $399 was too good to pass up). Rockstar really does no wrong. It was GTA3 that made me buy a PS2, and the first Red Dead that motivated me to buy a PS3.

We're expecting our first child in a few weeks, so between winter starting, this game, and the new Spiderman, I figure I'll hunker down for a couple months.

I got a PS4 for Christmas, which is my first video game system I've owned since PS2. I rarely buy brand new games. The newest one I got was COD:WWII last year, and that's because it was a bundle deal type thing. All of my sports games are a year or two old. That said, this game looks awesome, and hoping I get it as a wedding or Christmas gift.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I got a PS4 for Christmas, which is my first video game system I've owned since PS2. I rarely buy brand new games. The newest one I got was COD:WWII last year, and that's because it was a bundle deal type thing. All of my sports games are a year or two old. That said, this game looks awesome, and hoping I get it as a wedding or Christmas gift.

Get Spiderman, asap.

• Like (+1) 1

I heard tremendous things about the FIRST game. I bought it.  Started playing.  Quickly grew to dislike it.

I found it difficult to explore the world with clearly defined missions or goals.  I ended up wandering around a lot not really knowing what to do in an odd way.

I also found combat or shoot-outs to be ridiculously difficult.  As in it was always 10 against 1 and the computer controlled  bad guys were way too good, and I would quickly die every time I tried to start something.

What am I missing about this game? I'd love to give it a second try b/c the idea is great.

I pre-ordered it but haven’t went to pick it up yet. I will sometime soon.

i am currently playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and it is amazing.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Get Spiderman, asap.

I just picked up a PS4 last year. I had always mainly 0layed Xbox but wanted a PS4 for some of their exclusive games. 

Spiderman is worth it, then? How long it is? 

2 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Same - love it. It's kind of glitchy, but otherwise, they nailed it. 

Yes, definitely kind of glitchy. But they really did nail it. 

Its kind of like a combination of AC Black Flags and AC Origins. They brought back the naval aspect from BF and improved upon what Origins did well. 

My favorite part is how in depth this game is. I love these massive open world games with endless activities and tons of stuff to explore. I hate when I am just really getting into a game and then it’s over. This ones going to take a while! lol 

• Like (+1) 1

I just walked by a rack of the game in Target and somehow kept walking. I have no idea how I did that, especially since it’s been kind of a crappy day. 

Dawk, did you ever play any of the Batman Arkham series on ps3? I’ve heard that the spiderman game follows that style-wise very closely. And those were some great games. 

Got it yesterday on the pre sale as I pre ordered it. Managed to download everything and play about 5 minutes but that was about it. Had a 16 hour day at work from 7am to 11pm. Metallica tomorrow night. Then Sunday I’ve got to get ready for the Bills game. Won’t be able to get in until Tuesday night. But really looking forward to it 

On 10/27/2018 at 5:55 AM, Fadingpain said:

I heard tremendous things about the FIRST game. I bought it.  Started playing.  Quickly grew to dislike it.

I found it difficult to explore the world with clearly defined missions or goals.  I ended up wandering around a lot not really knowing what to do in an odd way.

I also found combat or shoot-outs to be ridiculously difficult.  As in it was always 10 against 1 and the computer controlled  bad guys were way too good, and I would quickly die every time I tried to start something.

What am I missing about this game? I'd love to give it a second try b/c the idea is great.

Much the same. A bit too open ended for the little amount of time I used to have to play a game- a level was enough.

• Like (+1) 1

I played a bit this weekend.

The controls, inventory menus and controls, and interface are very overwhelming.  The early 'tutorial' chapter wasnt well designed IMO and way too much slow slogging on horseback (or foot) from point A to point B.  I fell asleep a bunch of times during that, and I think I missed a lot of control-tutorials because it tells you what to do quickly in small letters in the top right of the screen, as you are in a gunfight.  It feels the controls are 'slow'.

I have graduated to the open world.  It looks better.  Glad to be out of the snow storm.  Still a bit overwhelming.

I felt really overwhelmed too when I started with Witcher 3, and eventually I would call that the best console game ever made.