Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

31 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, Im unfortunately all the way through all of my Klan interactions. Had a great time blowing them up, lassoing them and hanging them off of cliffs and bridges, and finding other great torture methods for them. My favorite was when the giant burning cross fell and crushed a bunch of them. Lot of laughs. Well deserved.

I didn't even think about this. I just shot the bastards. Lol.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Gotta get creative! Use your tools!

I've moved onto targeting the Lemoyne Raiders as much as possible since they are just Confederate dillwads. My favorite thing to do when I see the smoke rising and find a LR camp... get off my horse and sneak up on foot. You'll typically find 4-5 of them sitting around the fire. Lob a stick of dynamite into the middle of them. If you toss it right, it goes right into the fire, which also blows the flaming logs at them too. One well placed toss and all that's left are bloody stumps to loot. Seriously, eff the Confederacy.

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm at the point where I'm not allowed to use guns in Rhodes because I'm a deputy.

you still got alot of game ahead of you to enjoy :)

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

i used a dynamite arrow and finished the rest off with the trusty semi-auto shotgun

Then I gathered all the bodies around the camp fire and stacked them together.   the last klansman was put close enough to the camp fire to set the pile of corpses ablaze

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

you still got alot of game ahead of you to enjoy :)

i used a dynamite arrow and finished the rest off with the trusty semi-auto shotgun

Then I gathered all the bodies around the camp fire and stacked them together.   the last klansman was put close enough to the camp fire to set the pile of corpses ablaze

Hahaha, yes! I love the "human wick" method. I use it often.

48 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

After I did the first chapter, which was essentially the tutorial stage, I just kinda spent the month causing general rucus and having fun, barely doing any missions. 

Yeah man, same. I started playing on release day and am only a little further than you (about halfway through Chapter 4). Been a great ride so far. Love doing side missions and stuff. Or just taking off for a few days camping and hunting and fishing on my own. I like to stay out until Dutch sends Charles out to find me and confirm I plan on coming back to camp some time. The story really picks up in Chapter 4 as you shift in St Denis. I'm going to take my time as I am in NO hurry to get to the end of Chapter 6, let alone the 2 Epilogue chapters.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hahaha, yes! I love the "human wick" method. I use it often.

Yeah man, same. I started playing on release day and am only a little further than you (about halfway through Chapter 4). Been a great ride so far. Love doing side missions and stuff. Or just taking off for a few days camping and hunting and fishing on my own. I like to stay out until Dutch sends Charles out to find me and confirm I plan on coming back to camp some time. The story really picks up in Chapter 4 as you shift in St Denis. I'm going to take my time as I am in NO hurry to get to the end of Chapter 6, let alone the 2 Epilogue chapters.

One of the first things I did was buy a train ticket to Saint Denis just because I heard it was a fun town. then got bored and shot a bunch of people and built up a huge bounty in a town I wasn't even really supposed to know about just yet. Lol.

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We're right around the same place.  I don't think this is a spoiler, but I'll warn you just in case.  Have you encountered the legendary gator yet?

4 hours ago, shrader said:

We're right around the same place.  I don't think this is a spoiler, but I'll warn you just in case.  Have you encountered the legendary gator yet?

Ha, I havent gotten there yet myself but I've heard about it online. There was a reddit post yesterday with the title "This is pure nightmare fuel" and it was a video of the legendary gator chasing them down the street. ?

I did the bank robbery in Valentine a few nights ago. I went from having anywhere from $25-200, to having $2,000. I paid off all of my bounties, and bought a bunch of guns. Lol.

The bounty system is kinda ridiculous, and one of my only complaints about the game. It's super easy to be playing around and end up with a high bounty. That's why I didnt feel too bad about doing the "Gold Bar Glitch" back when the game first came out. Ended up with about $30k in cash as a buffer so I can mess around and not worry too badly.

Especially in St Denis where if you just look at someone wrong, they run to the cops, who then SWARM on you and force you to shoot your way out of town, then end up with a $200 bounty. A trick I've learned is using the train tracks like a highway. I ride into St Denis on the tracks, and can go full speed without the danger of running into a pedestrian. I loop around on the outside and then cut in as close to where ever I need to go as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Especially in St Denis where if you just look at someone wrong, they run to the cops, who then SWARM on you and force you to shoot your way out of town, then end up with a $200 bounty. A trick I've learned is using the train tracks like a highway. I ride into St Denis on the tracks, and can go full speed without the danger of running into a pedestrian. I loop around on the outside and then cut in as close to where ever I need to go as possible.

Yeah, I've noticed this. Once I saw a cop chasing after a guy, so I thought my honor would go up if I helped the cop. Instead I got the cops on me for shooting the guy they were shooting at. Another time, I was robbed, and shot back in self defense, both times ended up with like $200+ bounties.

I did the bank robbery in Valentine a few nights ago. I went from having anywhere from $25-200, to having $2,000. I paid off all of my bounties, and bought a bunch of guns. Lol.

I just hit chapter 4 and have a bit over $10,000. 

I found the first treasure in chapter 2 and I ended up googling the other treasures and finishing them all. It was well worth the time because I haven’t had to worry about money for anything since about mid chapter 2. 

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ha, I havent gotten there yet myself but I've heard about it online. There was a reddit post yesterday with the title "This is pure nightmare fuel" and it was a video of the legendary gator chasing them down the street. ?

The bounty system is kinda ridiculous, and one of my only complaints about the game. It's super easy to be playing around and end up with a high bounty. That's why I didnt feel too bad about doing the "Gold Bar Glitch" back when the game first came out. Ended up with about $30k in cash as a buffer so I can mess around and not worry too badly.

I've also noticed St. Denis police don't let you surrender to them. Your only choice is to kill or be killed, or run. 

20 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I just hit chapter 4 and have a bit over $10,000. 

I found the first treasure in chapter 2 and I ended up googling the other treasures and finishing them all. It was well worth the time because I haven’t had to worry about money for anything since about mid chapter 2. 

I wonder if anyone actually finds those without using the internet.

30 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've been trying to google things minimally. 

It's pretty key for treasure locations and on how to find some of the more rare animals.  Some will have better memories than me, but I'm never going to remember exactly where I bumped into that badger a couple weeks ago.

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've been trying to google things minimally. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

It's pretty key for treasure locations and on how to find some of the more rare animals.  Some will have better memories than me, but I'm never going to remember exactly where I bumped into that badger a couple weeks ago.

You both need to click here: rdr2map.com

Edited by DrDawkinstein

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Rumor going around Reddit that Rockstar is working on an Arthur vs aliens DLC due later this year or early next.  Also rumored to be working on remastering RDR1

I just finished RDR1 this weekend.  2 inspired me to go play it again just to get even with Dutch.

• Like (+1) 1