Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

21 minutes ago, shrader said:

I did find a random body hanging one time.  I stopped to check it out but then some crazies ran out of the woods and attacked me.  I'm guessing it wasn't part of the serial killer quest.

I haven't been able to play in awhile but I found that one too... Not sure what I was supposed to there, so I killed the people who attacked me and then took a bunch of selfies with the hanging guy (to document the crime scene of course lol) before cutting him down and searching him. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I did find a random body hanging one time.  I stopped to check it out but then some crazies ran out of the woods and attacked me.  I'm guessing it wasn't part of the serial killer quest.

Lol. Same thing happened to me. I stopped to check out the guy hanging from a noose and 3 painted up crazies ambushed me. Caught me totally off guard. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I haven't been able to play in awhile but I found that one too... Not sure what I was supposed to there, so I killed the people who attacked me and then took a bunch of selfies with the hanging guy (to document the crime scene of course lol) before cutting him down and searching him. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Lol. Same thing happened to me. I stopped to check out the guy hanging from a noose and 3 painted up crazies ambushed me. Caught me totally off guard. 

I wanted to stop and check it out after I killed those idiots, but I wound up wanted and had to hightail it out of there.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Random gang encounter. 

Remember the crazies you cleared out of a cave to move into Beaver Hollow?  They spawn every once in awhile with a corpse hanging from a tree or a camp massacre

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Random gang encounter. 

Remember the crazies you cleared out of a cave to move into Beaver Hollow?  They spawn every once in awhile with a corpse hanging from a tree or a camp massacre

I'm blanking on their name right now, but I've been having them show up a bit more lately (currently in Chapter 4).  My personal favorite was when I started a camp fire to craft something.  You walk up and threaten me?  Yeah, that always ends well.

I'm so pissed. I spent about 2 hours this morning making my way up north to hunt the legendary moose. I stopped and collected all the cigarette cards and dinosaur bones and all stuff along the way. So I finally get to the moose and shoot him. He proceeds to run into the river and die thereby preventing me from skinning him and harvesting any of the items.

18 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm so pissed. I spent about 2 hours this morning making my way up north to hunt the legendary moose. I stopped and collected all the cigarette cards and dinosaur bones and all stuff along the way. So I finally get to the moose and shoot him. He proceeds to run into the river and die thereby preventing me from skinning him and harvesting any of the items.

the trapper will recover your pelt

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360011467353/Unable-to-skin-Legendary-Animals-or-losing-their-pelts-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anyone else feel like the poker games are rigged at times? 

There are times when I play and just get crap hands over and over (sometimes I even get the same cards 2 hands in a row). It’ll seem to just keep dealing me low number cards. 

I felt the same way about blackjack. If I have 15 and hit I bust nearly every time. If the dealer has 15 he usually hits 2 or 3 times and generally ends up with 20 or 21.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

One more bit of advice on the Legendary Animals, especially the large predators.  You can one shot kill anything with a dynamite arrow

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I felt the same way about blackjack. If I have 15 and hit I bust nearly every time. If the dealer has 15 he usually hits 2 or 3 times and generally ends up with 20 or 21.

I was messing around with some of the challenges (gambler, hunter...) and one called for winning blackjack 5 times after doubling down.  The thing that drove me crazy there was how slow the damn thing was.  At least with poker you can skip the hand if you fold.  Blackjack?  You're forced to sit through the whole thing.  I wound up doubling down on basically every hand just to speed up the whole thing.  Hell, one time I split queens and then doubled down on both of those hands.

My other adventure this weekend would have people very worried.  One challenge called for killing a bunch scavengers as they picked on a corpse.  The problem was that you had to actually shoot them in mid-bite or else it wouldn't count.  I wound up killing two deer near a pond, then walking back and forth between the two picking off the vultures and crows.  I wound up with a massive pile of dead birds at each spot before I finally got enough.

Then a little later I had to do another challenge of killing 8 consecutive animals with small game arrows.  I circled around that same pond a few times taking out any duck I could see.  There were so many dead birds around that pond once I was done.  Arthur is going to grow up and become a serial killer if I have to keep doing stuff like this.

There was one other one that called for killing 5 cougars with arrows.  That one was a serious pain in the ass.  Cougars only seem to show up in one single spot.  Once you actually find one, you're in a quick scramble after being thrown from your horse to quickly spin the camera, find the cougar, then get an arrow off.

Two questions. Again, I'm taking my time just fooling around, so haven't progressed much in the game. 

One: I've only played blackjack in Rhodes. Do other tables show up with higher stakes? 2¢ - $4.00 maximum bet isn't that much.

Two: Everything I kill is one star. Is that because I'm killing them with a shotgun, or do the higher valued animals come later in the game. 

Another one that doesn't really bother me, but I did notice. There wasn't a tutorial for the poker, at least not that I remember. I know how to play, as any guy who was 15-40 in the mid 2000s went through a poker phase, but are those that don't know how to play just destined to make stuff up until they learn? 

27 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Two: Everything I kill is one star. Is that because I'm killing them with a shotgun, or do the higher valued animals come later in the game.

It's probably the shotgun.  You need to check out the animal ahead of time to see the quality and then get them with a headshot.  There's an almost endless supply of perfect pelts as long as you use the right weapon and land the right shot.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

There was one other one that called for killing 5 cougars with arrows.  That one was a serious pain in the ass.  Cougars only seem to show up in one single spot.  Once you actually find one, you're in a quick scramble after being thrown from your horse to quickly spin the camera, find the cougar, then get an arrow off.

Cougars spawn in the western part of the map and also in the Northeast around the waterfall.  When you reach the epilogue and Blackwater / Beechers Hope and New Austin opens up there are a few other spawns.  I've been attacked right outside Beechers Hope a few times and the most consistent spawn Ive found was near the Trapper at the very western edge of the map.

If you care about the pelt quality, kill the cougar wit a poison arrow.  Hit them in the sweet spot and it will wander off and die.  If you don't care about the pelt or harvesting resources, dynamite arrows will one shot anything.  Fire arrows also work and you get to watch it run around on fire.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Cougars spawn in the western part of the map and also in the Northeast around the waterfall.  When you reach the epilogue and Blackwater / Beechers Hope and New Austin opens up there are a few other spawns.  I've been attacked right outside Beechers Hope a few times and the most consistent spawn Ive found was near the Trapper at the very western edge of the map.

If you care about the pelt quality, kill the cougar wit a poison arrow.  Hit them in the sweet spot and it will wander off and die.  If you don't care about the pelt or harvesting resources, dynamite arrows will one shot anything.  Fire arrows also work and you get to watch it run around on fire.

I just needed the arrow kills and the quality didn't matter.  That spot near the trapper was the only place I've ever run into them.  Fortunately it is pretty consistent.

Does anyone know if your honor level can change the cut scenes at all?  I've tried to keep mine pretty high and that matches pretty well with Arthur's general demeanor in most of his interactions (other than when he announces his return to camp).  I'd love it if he would instead be a dick in a lot of the cut scenes if he had low honor, but I'm sure that's tough to program into the game.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Whats the deal with the dude locked in the gunsmiths basement in Rhoades? I talked to him, and it made it look like I needed to help get him out, so I shot the gunsmith, but cant figure out how to get the guy out of the basement. I'm not ever sure he's there anymore.

Finally found this yesterday. First thing you gotta do is go up to the basement window. When you're there, you'll hear "Hey mister." Go talk to him. Then go into the gunshop. Hold the gunsmith at gunpoint, but don't shoot him, and he'll unlock the basement for you. Then some messed up stuff goes on, then you can kill him.