Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

18 minutes ago, teef said:

this apparently is one of the few things that no player has been able to figure out yet.  i saw a list recently of other events/occurrences that no one could figure out.  i'll see if i can find it at some point.

https://moot.us/lounges/61/boards/240/posts/514498

here's a solid link.

Thanks. 

I was wondering if anyone would know what I was talking about... lol. 

Gavin’s buddy has been annoying the @#$& out of me every time I visit Saint Denis. I keep trying to talk to him again, but I guess you can only talk to him once. 

Have had no luck finding Gavin myself. 

I read that, supposedly, Gavin’s voice actor is not listed in the game credits. So it’s likely just RockStar messing with us. 

Kind of like the Mount Chiliad mystery from GTA5. Or BigFoot from GTA 4 & 5.

speaking of which, I guess you can actually find (and speak with) BigFoot in RDR2. Haven’t tried it yet myself -

https://www.gamesradar.com/players-have-already-found-rockstars-longest-running-easter-egg-in-red-dead-redemption-2/

8 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

This game will take me a year or two to finish. One, because I don't play video games very often. Two, I have more fun riding around, shooting animals, playing blackjack, and causing havoc than I do the missions. Lol.

I love doing the missions in games like this, but yet I find myself so easily distracted by all the side stuff in this one.  I'm currently early in chapter 4 and every time I'm ready to knock off a bunch of missions, I discover some new challenge that completely distracts me.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I love doing the missions in games like this, but yet I find myself so easily distracted by all the side stuff in this one.  I'm currently early in chapter 4 and every time I'm ready to knock off a bunch of missions, I discover some new challenge that completely distracts me.

I keep forgetting this isn't like grand theft auto, where once you die, your warrants and all that go away. I have like $300 worth of bounties, and $60 cash.

Whats the deal with the dude locked in the gunsmiths basement in Rhoades? I talked to him, and it made it look like I needed to help get him out, so I shot the gunsmith, but cant figure out how to get the guy out of the basement. I'm not ever sure he's there anymore.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Whats the deal with the dude locked in the gunsmiths basement in Rhoades? I talked to him, and it made it look like I needed to help get him out, so I shot the gunsmith, but cant figure out how to get the guy out of the basement. I'm not ever sure he's there anymore.

Hahahah there’s are “secrets” in a lot of shops that you can find...

after you talk to the prisoner... go up to the shop owner and pull out your gun like your robbing him... an option to rob basement 

choose that and set him free and loot it

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I did the mission in Valentine where the guy was at the small tavern, interviewing the drunk retired gunslinger. Went and got all the pictures, information I needed, but don't know where to go with that. Did I miss something about where he said he'd be? He's not at the saloon anymore. 

Some of the side missions have timers or are linked to the main story

On 1/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I read this, and went straight home to check this out. Couldn't open any doors, and looked in the basement window, and saw what looked to be an empty bedroom. I guess that's not there till later on in the story.

41 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I read this, and went straight home to check this out. Couldn't open any doors, and looked in the basement window, and saw what looked to be an empty bedroom. I guess that's not there till later on in the story.

I did what @Buffalo716 suggested and was able to rob the place and get into the basement without murdering the shopkeeper this time. Funny thing was when I came back the second time, he told me not to rough him up again after shooting him the first time.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody catch the serial killer???

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Working on it now. Just came across the first location the other day. Found the 2nd yesterday. 

I had one show up relatively early and haven't run into it again since then.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

I had one show up relatively early and haven't run into it again since then.

Yeah I think it was more dumb luck than anything that I stumbled across another site. 

Im tempted to just look up the next site but I don’t know if I want to spoil it. But I’m anxious to see how this little side quest ends now. 

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Working on it now. Just came across the first location the other day. Found the 2nd yesterday. 

I found the dismembered body hanging under the train tracks and the a disemboweled body and head with a spike through it down past the area of the Braithwaits estate. There was a piece of a map with that one. I didn't find any items with the body under the tracks.

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I found the dismembered body hanging under the train tracks and the a disemboweled body and head with a spike through it down past the area of the Braithwaits estate. There was a piece of a map with that one. I didn't find any items with the body under the tracks.

If you’re coming down that hill where the blood trail is, the head is on the far right hand side nailed to a bridge support. I missed it my first time too. You get distracted by the body hanging and all the blood. I never thought to search the area more. I cruelly didn’t even know there was a head with a map until I found the 2nd one, which caused me to g9 back and look at thr first site I found. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If you’re coming down that hill where the blood trail is, the head is on the far right hand side nailed to a bridge support. I missed it my first time too. You get distracted by the body hanging and all the blood. I never thought to search the area more. I cruelly didn’t even know there was a head with a map until I found the 2nd one, which caused me to g9 back and look at thr first site I found. 

I did find a random body hanging one time.  I stopped to check it out but then some crazies ran out of the woods and attacked me.  I'm guessing it wasn't part of the serial killer quest.