Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

On 11/13/2018 at 10:19 PM, /dev/null said:

I suggest you postpone taming the white arabian until after chapter 6.  There is also a side mission series called The Veteran, I would also suggest you delay The Veteran Part IV until after Chapter 6 as well

heard info from someone the other day and now totally understand the chapter 6 reasoning. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Dante said:

The smallest incident, like bumping into someone accidentally,  seems to trigger an unreasonable amount of attitude. Escalates hyperfast and before you know it you are either in a major firefight or scrambling out of town as quickly as you can. 

I avoided a guy on a horse and was clotheslined by a tree and fell to the ground. As I got up someone walked near me and I brushed into them, 5 witnesses scurry to tell on me. The police wouldn't stop shooting at me to surrender. Later I Rob and beat a lady in the streets and diffuse the situation and everything is fine. Makes sense. Smh

37 minutes ago, shrader said:

The only issue I've had in St Denis so far was when I accidentally hit the wrong button and blew the trappers face off with a shotgun.

Lol. Did that the other day too to someone. 

This is game is incredible. The amount of detail and story that has gone into it is amazing. No wonder why it took them so long to launch it. 

Question about the Legendary animals.  Do you have to hunt them multiple times for the crafted gear or does one pelt apply to all pieces of the set?

Found an easy but random way to collect perfect wolf pelts.  Ride around an area with wolves and you may get a random encounter with someone fighting off a wolf or two.  Within about an hour I had four or five such encounters.  Head shots net you perfect pelt

Ran into the Klan again outside the train station to the south of Valentine.  They were trying to raise a cross but it landed on two of them and crushed them.  I lasso'd the Grand Dragon stowed him on my horse.  Then I blew up the cross and two dead Klansmen with a stick of dynamite.  Somebody didn't take kindly to my actions and reported me for disturbing the peace.  I had to evade bounty hunters for a few minutes before riding up a high railroad trestle and tossing the Grand Dragon over

The rich guy in the mansion hides tons of gold, cash and keys under his mattress.  I got a tip and climbed up the roof, looked through the window and waited for him to leave.  He wouldn't.  Then I got an idea.

Crawl across the roof above his daughter's room.  There is a small roofing nail slightly upraised.  Tie the licorice whip to it and at the other end Of the whip make a noose and put it around the porcelain doll's neck.  Swing the doll out so it slams into the window like that dude in Batman Dark Knight.  The dad will come running when the girl screams...double back across the roof go in the window and take his stuff.  Make sure to take the keys.

54 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Question about the Legendary animals.  Do you have to hunt them multiple times for the crafted gear or does one pelt apply to all pieces of the set?

Found an easy but random way to collect perfect wolf pelts.  Ride around an area with wolves and you may get a random encounter with someone fighting off a wolf or two.  Within about an hour I had four or five such encounters.  Head shots net you perfect pelt

Ran into the Klan again outside the train station to the south of Valentine.  They were trying to raise a cross but it landed on two of them and crushed them.  I lasso'd the Grand Dragon stowed him on my horse.  Then I blew up the cross and two dead Klansmen with a stick of dynamite.  Somebody didn't take kindly to my actions and reported me for disturbing the peace.  I had to evade bounty hunters for a few minutes before riding up a high railroad trestle and tossing the Grand Dragon over

You do not need to re hunt the legendary animals

1 legendary ram pelt will allow you to craft everything requiring legendary ram pelt, not just 1 item 

have killed the Bear, Ram, Wolf, elk and deer

13 hours ago, Dante said:

The smallest incident, like bumping into someone accidentally,  seems to trigger an unreasonable amount of attitude. Escalates hyperfast and before you know it you are either in a major firefight or scrambling out of town as quickly as you can. 

I'm wanted right now for "move along"...What???

Of course chapter IV is in the police state of Saint denis and I have to go there. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'm wanted right now for "move along"...What???

Of course chapter IV is in the police state of Saint denis and I have to go there. 

Move along, is when you diffuse a situation where you where wanted...

and leaving the scene will keep you from being arrested 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Move along, is when you diffuse a situation where you where wanted...

and leaving the scene will keep you from being arrested 

As soon as it said I was wanted I got out of there as fast as I could. No idea what I did to become wanted in the first place. Was heading to a mission and boom. They didn't shoot at me so I didn't cause any wind to move anyone's shirt as I rode by for an assault charge so it must have been a really minor offense like breathing or blinking. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

As soon as it said I was wanted I got out of there as fast as I could. No idea what I did to become wanted in the first place. Was heading to a mission and boom. They didn't shoot at me so I didn't cause any wind to move anyone's shirt as I rode by for an assault charge so it must have been a really minor offense like breathing or blinking. 

Lol 

you are trying to be a good civilian when out of nowhere someone walks in front of your horse and you trample him to death

like dude I didn’t mean too!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

you are trying to be a good civilian when out of nowhere someone walks in front of your horse and you trample him to death

I walked into the Saint Denis tailor and was pick pocketed.  Chased the guy down, hogtied him, and looted him to get my money back.  Ended up down the street from the Saint Denis police station so I carried him in, thinking I could report the crime.  There are no cops inside the station but the bounties I had collected were still in their cells (nice touch).  So I dropped the dude off outside the cells.  Once I walk out the door I'm wanted for kidnapping :huh:

I had an odd situation at the Trading Post north of Saint Denis.  I walked into the saloon and was bumped into by a drunk guy who challenged me to a duel.  As I'm standing there with my finger on the trigger waiting for Dead Eye to activate the guy falls over drunk.  Then the town starts to attack me and I'm losing honor points for each kill defending myself

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You do not need to re hunt the legendary animals

1 legendary ram pelt will allow you to craft everything requiring legendary ram pelt, not just 1 item 

have killed the Bear, Ram, Wolf, elk and deer

I bagged my first Legendary animal last night, the Legendary Moose.

But I'm kind of disappointed RDR2 has a Legendary Moose but didn't include a Legendary Squirrel.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Did the trapper respawn?  He makes some decent gear for you

Did he have any decent loot?

I was trying to sell the legendary coyote pelt and didn't want to lose anything, so I immediately reloaded my save file.  I probably should have checked the loot first for the hell of it, but I didn't.

I've killed two of the legendaries so far, the coyote and the fox.  It's nice that you can just shoot the hell out of them without worrying about damaging the pelt.  The coyote was particularly fun.  I was following the trail and I wound up crawling between a wagon that was pinned up against a wall.  As I got to the end, the coyote was sitting right there.  I didn't want to risk it running off, so it also go the same shotgun to the face that the trapper got.  I'll try to bring more appropriate weapons when I go after the bigger animals eventually, but for now, this works.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I walked into the Saint Denis tailor and was pick pocketed.  Chased the guy down, hogtied him, and looted him to get my money back.  Ended up down the street from the Saint Denis police station so I carried him in, thinking I could report the crime.  There are no cops inside the station but the bounties I had collected were still in their cells (nice touch).  So I dropped the dude off outside the cells.  Once I walk out the door I'm wanted for kidnapping :huh:

I had an odd situation at the Trading Post north of Saint Denis.  I walked into the saloon and was bumped into by a drunk guy who challenged me to a duel.  As I'm standing there with my finger on the trigger waiting for Dead Eye to activate the guy falls over drunk.  Then the town starts to attack me and I'm losing honor points for each kill defending myself

I bagged my first Legendary animal last night, the Legendary Moose.

But I'm kind of disappointed RDR2 has a Legendary Moose but didn't include a Legendary Squirrel.

They have to leave a few carrots out there for the inevitable add-on micro-transactions.

I hope that tent with fast travel is worth it.  I just picked that up right as I turned off the game last night.  Does anyone know if any animals you may have stowed on the horse will still be there after a fast travel?

Sat around the fire eating licorice whip and my horse starts acting weird.  Next thing I know there is this weird lightning and a rectangular box appears. Two young guys get out and they talk weird.  They say Dude and Whoa a lot.

They convince me to get in the rectangular box.  The next thing I know there are shiny buildings everywhere and stagecoaches with no horses and I'm giving some speech on a big stage.  I have to get back because I still need the legendary salamander pelt.  What do I do.  I keep asking the dudes but they are dumb.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Moonshiner mission annoyed me. Supposedly they are "Degenerate tax evaders"??? WTF to me they are heroes two ways. First for doing community service making moonshine and second for figuring out not having to hand your cash over to the sanctioned mob that's the government. I wanted to turn on my own guys but I don't think the game would let me do that.

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Bagged a Legendary Beaver and I took a pic to prove it :devil:

Has anyone been able to land a legendary fish?? I couldn't reel it in kept taking the line out. When I pushed the right stick down to stop it from doing that, it always snapped.