Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

I went to Foster's General Store and got some elixir for my toenail fungus but Foster slipped me a Mickey and I got woozy.  I managed to stumble out but got tricked into playing poker at the saloon.  I lost all my money on 3-7 off suit.

I went back to Foster to get revenge.  It isn't obvious at first but that guy is a germaphobe.  I threatened to cut my toenail and tape it to his toe and he freaked.  He told me to take anything I wanted.  I doubled my money, got some licorice whip, a creepy looking porcelain doll a broom and a Davey Crockett hat.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I went to Foster's General Store and got some elixir for my toenail fungus but Foster slipped me a Mickey and I got woozy.  I managed to stumble out but got tricked into playing poker at the saloon.  I lost all my money on 3-7 off suit.

I went back to Foster to get revenge.  It isn't obvious at first but that guy is a germaphobe.  I threatened to cut my toenail and tape it to his toe and he freaked.  He told me to take anything I wanted.  I doubled my money, got some licorice whip, a creepy looking porcelain doll a broom and a Davey Crockett hat.

Did you check Fosters outhouse?  There's a loose floorboard hiding a tonic for Chlamydia.  You're going to need it for some side missions with Mrs Downes

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Quickest , easiest way for a perfect pelt or 1 shot kill is to equip a rifle with a scope 

zoom in scope and go dead eye and just line up the head shot

1 shot 1 kill clean pelt

I'd imagine that the bait is pretty much a necessity for getting some of the smaller animals.  I never see those things until they're running away from me and at that point good luck landing a shot.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I'd imagine that the bait is pretty much a necessity for getting some of the smaller animals.  I never see those things until they're running away from me and at that point good luck landing a shot.

I Learned that riding around on your horse is a easy way to spook the game quickly 

when you look like you’re in a decent spot, hop off the horse and start walking 

Crouch around and you can get a lot closer.

or drop the bait and hide

Still trying to catch a wild horse. No luck so far including the white one.  I had to get a new horse because the old ones ratings dropped from being spooked too many time in wolf attacks.  I'm still messing around in late chapter 2.

2 minutes ago, Fires said:

Still trying to catch a wild horse. No luck so far including the white one.  I had to get a new horse because the old ones ratings dropped from being spooked too many time in wolf attacks.  I'm still messing around in late chapter 2.

When your riding about the country side just occasionally click in the left analog to calm your horse 

even if it isnt spooked, doing it semi occasionally will always keep him calm

as for catching wild horse... walk up slowly while calming it. Take out your lasso and lasso it... while calming it

when you mount it hold your analogs in opposite directions while it’s bucking .

mimic It with the analog and you should get it

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fires said:

I suggest you postpone taming the white arabian until after chapter 6.  There is also a side mission series called The Veteran, I would also suggest you delay The Veteran Part IV until after Chapter 6 as well.

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

When your riding about the country side just occasionally click in the left analog to calm your horse 

even if it isnt spooked, doing it semi occasionally will always keep him calm

It will also boost the horses stamina regeneration

One of the beginner tips is to time your gallop (X button on Playstation) with the horses stride to lessen stamina drain.  I've also gotten into the habit of alternating gallop and calm in cadence with the horses stride.  It helps the energy drain and builds up the bond

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I suggest you postpone taming the white arabian until after chapter 6.  There is also a side mission series called The Veteran, I would also suggest you delay The Veteran Part IV until after Chapter 6 as well.

One of the beginner tips is to time your gallop (X button on Playstation) with the horses stride to lessen stamina drain.  I've also gotten into the habit of alternating gallop and calm in cadence with the horses stride.  It helps the energy drain and builds up the bond

Yep . Timing the stride is a great tip that preserves stamina!

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Thanks /Dev....  I will keep working on it. 

Ran across some k kk members in the forest lol

they were  initiating a new recruit and lighting a cross .. the new recruit lit the cross and himself and a few others on fire and they burned to death lol

it was actually amusing watching them burn lol am I messed up

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ran across some k kk members in the forest lol

they were  initiating a new recruit and lighting a cross .. the new recruit lit the cross and himself and a few others on fire and they burned to death lol

it was actually amusing watching them burn lol am I messed up

I ran across them too.  When they scattered I launched a dynamite arrow to take most of them out and hunted down the remainders.

You gain honor by killing them

Also kinda enjoyable blowing their hooded heads off with a shotgun at close range

There are two more KKK events around Rhodes but I haven't found them yet.

Edited by /dev/null

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I ran across them too.  When they scattered I launched a dynamite arrow to take most of them out and hunted down the remainders.

Also kinda enjoyable blowing their hooded heads off with a shotgun at close range

I found a few in the day time trying to set up their wooden cross. When I tried to talk to them they were startled and the cross fell on two of the guys crushing them to death. The third tried to fight me but he went down after only a couple punches.

49 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm sure that worked but there is a better way.  When you find the first group you kill them all except two.  Then take 25% of your licorice whip and lay it on the ground.  Tell the two remaining guys to go to opposite ends of the whip, get on yer knees and "START EATIN!!!!".  When they meet in the middle the rest takes care of itself like a Disney Cartoon.  These two are occupied with each other for a limited time so you have to hurry.  

Run and find the next group.  Tell them to follow you because you saw some homos.  They do and them they start being the daylights out of Lady and the Tramp.  One guy sort of stands off the the side.  Kill the other guys, toss the living one a dynamite stick and tell him to stick it in his pants.  He does but then you have to specify you meant the back.  If you don't do this it will mess things up later.  

Take him to the Burlesque show, and tell him you'll be watching ready to shoot the dynamite.  Tell him to ask the barkeep about code name "Kegyn Melly".  That code name is super secret so the barkeep takes him right away.  Instruct him to ask Kegyn for the C. Thom Soulman treatment.  She takes him in the back and he looks different when he comes out.  By then you've found the Burlesque comedian, an old guy named Jackie.  Tell Jackie to teach this guy everything he knows.  That will take about 15 minutes.  You can just wait or you can hang out with Kegyn.  She will do ANYTHING for money but it will take a lot of money.  Your choice here.  Not worth it though.  When Jackie is done the KKK comes out still looking like C. Thom but talking funny and wearing a cute little hat.

Tell the guy to take you to the third and final KKK meeting.  He looks reluctant and says "Oy Vey" but remind him of the dynamite.  When you get there they surround him and he stammers a lot trying to explain but they aren't buying it.  They start calling him Sammy Davis Jr. and ask him what he has in the back of his pants.  Make sure you told him to say it is his Gefilte fish but that carrying it is making his sciatica flare up.  This drives them nuts and now they all confront him, ready to hurt him badly.  Shoot the dynamite and all their hats shoot straight up into the air like a fireworks show.  It's pretty cool.

DO NOT use all the licorice.  You'll need it later.

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Why?

I am in Chapter 2? maybe 3 and I got the horse

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I found the second one , It was amusing as well lol

i killed them all lol

On 11/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, /dev/null said:

wasted a bit of time just appreciating the vaudeville in saint denis

I try to stay out of Saint denis. Everytime I go there I end up with a bounty for doing nothing and have to shoot my way out ending up with a bounty in the hundreds. Oh your horse has horse shoes, disturbing the peace and the city turns into a war zone. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I try to stay out of Saint denis. Everytime I go there I end up with a bounty for doing nothing and have to shoot my way out ending up with a bounty in the hundreds. Oh your horse has horse shoes, disturbing the peace and the city turns into a war zone. 

The smallest incident, like bumping into someone accidentally,  seems to trigger an unreasonable amount of attitude. Escalates hyperfast and before you know it you are either in a major firefight or scrambling out of town as quickly as you can. 

• Like (+1) 1