Red Dead Redemption 2

DrDawkinstein

Word of warning, don’t use cheats.  Using cheats negates your ability to auto save and manually save.  

Not sure why R* would put them in if using doesn’t allow you to save the game.  I know I’ll be flamed for using cheats, but just passing along some info.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:06 AM, DCOrange said:

It's amazing how much time I can pass with this game. Spent a solid 2 or 3 hours the other night hunting down the legendary moose up in the northeast. Also really enjoyed taking a train up to a random city (which turned out to be in the NE corner of the map) and then just rode my horse down the coast discovering a lot of other areas. I'm probably a solid 30-40 hours in and it says I'm like 30% of the way through the story missions and like 42% of the way through the game.

I saw the moose and the horse at the same time. Spent a in day game trying to find the horse again, saw the moose one more time but didn't see the horse again. Probably because I had to kill 2 wolf packs. Next time I go back to look I will pack more supplies.

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

wasted a bit of time just appreciating the vaudeville in saint denis

Don't get lured into the back alley in Lower St. Denis. You'll get jumped and robbed.

10 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This game is unreal.  If I get myself fired in 2018, this will definately be the reason why.

I got heat this morning from my wife for coming to bed too late and waking her up. ?

so in the video it doesnt really state how to break the horse. It says to use the left stick, but when it says opposite direction of the way its bucking, does that mean when it jumps to press forward on the stick and back when it kicks?

5 hours ago, Fires said:

Don't get lured into the back alley in Lower St. Denis. You'll get jumped and robbed.

Already learned that lesson :wallbash:

Had another similar run in later in Valentine but didn't follow

Was riding south of the Braithwaite estate when a damsel in distress flagged me down.  Then she pulled out a revolver and demanded my money.  So I blew her head off with my semi auto shotgun.  Two more red dots appeared, somebody screamed Holy S##t he killed ,<whatever her name > so I chased both down and killed them too and looted all three.

Had another run in  walking into the gun shop in saint Denis.  Black guy bumped into me and said in stereotypical voice "scuse me missa".  I lost some cash and he ran off.  I pursued on foot, lassod and hogtied him, and took all his money.  Then I whistled my horse, got on a few yards away, and galloped right over the guy.

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Already learned that lesson :wallbash:

Had another similar run in later in Valentine but didn't follow

Was riding south of the Braithwaite estate when a damsel in distress flagged me down.  Then she pulled out a revolver and demanded my money.  So I blew her head off with my semi auto shotgun.  Two more red dots appeared, somebody screamed Holy S##t he killed ,<whatever her name > so I chased both down and killed them too and looted all three.

Had another run in  walking into the gun shop in saint Denis.  Black guy bumped into me and said in stereotypical voice "scuse me missa".  I lost some cash and he ran off.  I pursued on foot, lassod and hogtied him, and took all his money.  Then I whistled my horse, got on a few yards away, and galloped right over the guy.

Shoulda left him on the train tracks ?

21 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

LOL

I get in trouble every time I'm in town. Ran over a dog that ran under my horse and got a wanted level last night. Today I spent a lot of money upgrading guns in valentine. Ran out of the gun shop and accidentally jumped on someone else's horse. Next thing I know the whole town is shooting at me..  

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Best you can do is have them wash you when taking a bath ? lol

but I did stumble upon some naked prostitutes banging cowboys upstairs in a saloon ?

I did that and it was only .50 cents! 

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

I feel like you should be able to get some brothel action in this game. All GTA games had strippers available with nudity and everything. I feel jipped if we don’t have access to brothels 

You can get some nudity by stumbling drunk into rooms in saloons during some saloon missions ya perv ?

I was playing the very early mission the other day where you rob the train.  In the middle of the fire fight, I wound up failing the mission because "your horse has died".  That was kind of weird seeing as how the horse had absolutely nothing to do with the mission.  It was left behind at a place where you were forced to leave it as part of the mission.  I hope I don't run into that too often.

And speaking of horses, I was hunting some deer last night.  I followed them around for a while.  Then I took one out from a long distance with an arrow.  When I walked up to skin and collect it, apparently I had killed a random horse instead.  I hope that wasn't some secret rare horse that I can now never catch.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

And speaking of horses, I was hunting some deer last night.  I followed them around for a while.  Then I took one out from a long distance with an arrow.  When I walked up to skin and collect it, apparently I had killed a random horse instead.  I hope that wasn't some secret rare horse that I can now never catch.

As long as it wasn't the white Arabian up north you should be alright. I've found a few spots with tons of wild horses running around. Supposedly you can catch and break them. Did the game let you skin the horse? LOL