Bills tried to sign WR Isaiah McKenzie off Broncos PS; claim on waivers

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's moves like this that make me seriously question if 2019 is going to be the bonanza of players we need to be successful. However, the other part of my brain thinks that they are desperate to shake things up that they are trying to get any help they can on the cheap as a band-aid.

Probably just trying to replace ray ray.

we still don’t know what he did to get grounded by McD. Mccloud was asked by reporters yesterday and declined to give reason (unsurprisingly). 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Watching the Dolphins game last night. They said Parker was a healthy scratch last week.

I thought. If he was on the Bills, he would be hands down the best receiver on the team, but yet he can’t even suit up for Miami lol

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

McBeane is actually pretty good at Drafting so far.

But you’d have to follow the team to know this..

So far he’s been descent.

His major miss was trading up to get Zay where he could have taken JuJu or Kupp later.

The big one of course will be Allen. If he hits on Allen, then he’ll be employed for a long time

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

"McKenzie (5-7, 173 pounds) was selected by Denver in the fifth round of last year’s NFL draft out of Georgia. He showed promise as a rookie but ultimately lost his starting punt return job after fumbling six times".

So the upgrade is 2 rounds and 4 fumbles. Go Beane-r

Edited by BillsRdue

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hm I think it's way too early on that one. Esp when you're most important draft pick is struggling mightily, your 2nd round receiver is beyond bad, your 2nd round left tackle has regressed in run blocking severely, youre rookie mlb has been roasted in at least 3 games this year relentlessly, so for the Milanos and T Johnsons there are plenty of unknowns and one could make a case they still fall into that category. Tre White is great..otherwise let's be careful on anointing them.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

After waiving quarterback Chad Kelly Denver filled that spot by promoting Isaiah McKenzie from the practice squad to the active roster. The Bills were trying to sign the second-year receiver to their own 53-man roster, The Broncos prevented that by promoting McKenzie themselves.

What are the odds ? Chad Kelly gets drunk and it hinders the Bills.:doh:

Wonder if Uncle Jim (:doh: :wallbash:) will make anymore calls for Chad, or bring him to a Bills game ? 

.....can't let him on the sideline though. 

Edited by I am the egg man

36 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

So the upgrade is 2 rounds and 4 fumbles. Go Beane-r

It was written incorrectly fwiw. The fumbles were in college. He lost 2 out of the 6. Just for accuracy’s sake. So he has no fumbles in the NFL (he hasn’t played). If it was to replace ray ray, he was drafted one round earlier. 

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The fact that they would sign a 5' 7" butterfingers before bringing back Brandon Reilly says it all.  McD is numbnuts.

Brandon Reilly is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Nebraska. Wikipedia

He isn’t even on 31 other teams practice squads. Doesn’t that actually ... ahem... “say it all”?

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

There’s a conspiracy that they aren’t signing Allen’s buddy Gentry.. Gentry is a future hall of famer according to this board.   What are we waiting for!

Yep, getting fitted for the yellow jacket along with Brandon Reilly and Jonathan Williams. If the NFL won’t recognize their greatness, TSW will hold its own ceremony dammit 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was written incorrectly fwiw. The fumbles were in college. He lost 2 out of the 6. Just for accuracy’s sake. So he has no fumbles in the NFL (he hasn’t played). If it was to replace ray ray, he was drafted one round earlier. 

He isn’t even on 31 other teams practice squads. Doesn’t that actually ... ahem... “say it all”?

Sue me, I like guys that can catch a ball and have a little size.  We've got enough fumblers and bumblers and stumblers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pretty silly to say BB is good at drafting when he’s only been here for 1 draft and the results so far aren’t the greatest.