[Name Only Title] Wyatt Teller?

Dave Allen

Makes me wonder why they made the switch now. Like what did Vlad Ducasse do so terribly recently that he hasn’t been doing every game? Or was it just a matter of Teller not knowing the playbook as well as he should? Either way i’m glad the move was made. Kid should have had the job from the start. 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not sure if he didn’t develop, or just wasn’t given the chance. 

He has to earn the chance in practice.  If he were ready, or looked like he might be ready they would have put him out there.  McD ain't stingy about making changes if he thinks he has a better option.   Except for Peterman, and even that has changed; thank God!

5 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Makes me wonder why they made the switch now. Like what did Vlad Ducasse do so terribly recently that he hasn’t been doing every game? Or was it just a matter of Teller not knowing the playbook as well as he should? Either way i’m glad the move was made. Kid should have had the job from the start. 

Ducasse was okay earlier in the year.  He's been struggling recently. That's the difference, along with Teller probably looking consistent in practice.

Edited by purple haze

2 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Took the coaching staff til Week 10 to realize he's better than Ducasse?

They had him on a similar timeline as last year's 5th round special, Matt Milano, who also took over around week 10. Pretty good outcome for 5th round picks, wouldn't you say?

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd think they'll do more than one O-lineman.  I can see them signing a high level FA, maybe even two for the line, plus draft another, maybe 2nd rounder for guard or RT.   Possibly either Ike B or McD from the practice squad can also develop into at least a legit depth player for the line.

We can go with youth on the right side but I'd love to see a veteran Center from free agency. A vet in the middle to help the young QB (and Teller). Maybe Matt Paradis from Denver..

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Teller looked good today and the Jets DL has been decent but lets not forget that the Jets are a Team that quit on their coach today.

Some pretty funny comments but I get it, I hope Teller holds the job and does well. 

The Jags DL will be a real good test for the young man.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Teller (and the whole ol) were fantastic today. It’s a blessing if he turns into a player. It is one less need moving forward.

IF (and these are big IF's) Teller pans out to be a good guard and Josh Allen pans out as a QB then the 2018 draft class could be legendary for the Bills, that's your QB and a starter along the offensive line along with Edumonds, Phillips, and T.Johnson as 3 starters on defense. That's 5 starters all at critical positions. The jury is still out on all 5 even if the early returns on Edumonds, Phillips, and T.Johnson are good they still have some way to go. 

Overall I like seeing Teller play well, its only one game but if he finishes the season strong I think there is one less hole on the offensive side to deal with. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

The better answer than simply saying Ducasse has regressed would be a combination of things. To put this in perspective, he wasn't this known stud waiting to be given a chance - he was a 5th round pick that showed flashes of physical power, especially in the preseason. Even among first and second round OL picks - while most contribute immediately, they don't start to really understand the game until their second and some even third years. For a 5th round OL pick to be starting this early in his career indicates a couple things: 1) the season is all but over at this point and we're testing depth, 2) our OL is just that bad that we're willing to give a 5th round rookie some reps to see what we have. But it likely took our staff until now as he needed to learn the position, and while I would like to see Ducasse retire five years ago, it's still hard to justify starting a 5th round rookie over every other guard on your team. That being said, it could also have something to do with Ducasse not doing well in the run game, and Teller would be more effective in getting Shady the holes he needs to run and develop a run game we haven't seen all season long.

The other reason I think you're seeing it now, specifically, was when Ducasse went down against the Bears, Teller and Sirles came in to fill out holes. I imagine they liked what they saw and decided to give him the go against the Jets, supported by the fact that the season was all but over at that point. Simple matter of played well when given the chance and is now getting rewarded. There are also speculative rumors that Castillo sets the starting OL - which to me seems ridiculous if I'm Daboll or McD, even with the personal connections. Guy needs to be the first of our OL department to be shown the door. Ducasse shortly thereafter.

I always liked Teller and I'm glad he was given the chance to show what he has right now. He still has much to learn, especially in pass pro but to have him perform at that level as a 5th round pick in his first year? Ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That helmet shot to the head looked pretty deliberate...if it was a QB taking that shot it would make the evening news.

Luckily it seemed Teller had a split second to see it coming and was able to roll with the hit a bit. Not feeling too sorry for Jet's Bashum when Teller landed with his knee in his ribs.  Miller did get rolled from behind. It is tough for O-Linemen when those bodies start flying around behind your legs.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:35 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Teller (and the whole ol) were fantastic today. It’s a blessing if he turns into a player. It is one less need moving forward.

I had to watch him of course. First play he was looking for someone to pummel. he made it to the second level i think  ! on a pass play ! away from him.  Over aggressive perhaps. But they also smacked some guys around. trending up already

I think i fell in love. He played with attitude all game and perhaps inspired Bodine a bit.

love the Bills underdogs

On 11/11/2018 at 4:10 PM, cage said:

He looked Richie-ish....in a good way!

Yeah - the way he locks on and sticks with his block I could see that.......sans all the "off with his dad's head" business, and being completely bat-***** crazy.