[Name Only Title] Wyatt Teller?

Dave Allen

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That's true but the Jets played like crap and came out flat. I am not trying to diminish Teller's performance but rather just avoid being a prisoner of the moment and add some context to his performance. To me Teller looked good and if he  continues to play like this he will be the starter next season too.

I am just glad he is getting his chance

• Like (+1) 1

Jets were playing uninspired indeed. So let's see more before evaluating Wyatt. His college highlights showed a lot of pancake blocks and man I love those, and he got some today. That's a plus for sure. But come on, all the OLine played well today. And one even caught a TD pass!

53 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Teller may have had the best performance of any olinemen has had all season. Not ready to annoinet him as the starter going into next season but great start. Also, notice how Dawkins played with a competent linemen next to him 

Exactly.   Dawkins is a much better receiver with Teller in the game. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was really happy that they drafted this guy, but disappointed with his development so far this year...

Haven't seen the game today, but sounds like he went well... lets hope it continues against perhaps more motivated opposition the rest of the season..

Still need a couple more (I'll say three) new OL faces in the Offseason...

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I was really happy that they drafted this guy, but disappointed with his development so far this year...

Haven't seen the game today, but sounds like he went well... lets hope it continues against perhaps more motivated opposition the rest of the season..

I’m not sure if he didn’t develop, or just wasn’t given the chance. Regardless, after today it looks like we have one less OL slot to fill, but we still need 2-3 at least, which is CRAZY. No wonder we can’t move the ball and score! 

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why would you be disappointed in his development? He was a 5th round pick and the Bills had Castillo's favorite in front of him. Taking over as starter in game 10 is fantastic under these circumstances.  He and Dawkins will anchor the left side going forward.

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Teller may have had the best performance of any olinemen has had all season. Not ready to annoinet him as the starter going into next season but great start. Also, notice how Dawkins played with a competent linemen next to him 

He looked Richie-ish....in a good way!

11 minutes ago, TPS said:

Why would you be disappointed in his development? He was a 5th round pick and the Bills had Castillo's favorite in front of him. Taking over as starter in game 10 is fantastic under these circumstances.  He and Dawkins will anchor the left side going forward.

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not sure if he didn’t develop, or just wasn’t given the chance. Regardless, after today it looks like we have one less OL slot to fill, but we still need 2-3 at least, which is CRAZY. No wonder we can’t move the ball and score! 

Yeah.. appreciate he was a 5th rounder.. He probably went later then expected though.. A few "experts" predicted him for the third round..

Just thought with the state of our OL he might have gotten an opportunity earlier...

Anyway... a minor quibble... I agree if he can turn into a full time starter next year then it will be a fantastic outcome...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, cage said:

He looked Richie-ish....in a good way!

I absolutely LOVED when he didn’t have any pressure on a pass play, so he slid left and just TOSSED Dawkins guy to the ground. That was my highlight of the day, and probably the last month. 

I like this kid. Strong, and he plays hard to the whistle and finishes blocks. Has to bend his knees a bit more and move his feet, but that is a common thing from guys who have great upper body strength; They tend to try to over power opponents a bit high. He supposedly is not too shabby pulling, if our center play gets close to Dawkins level Daboll may want to leverage that skill a bit more.

A lot of talk about FA and if the right guy is there then yeah, but this coming draft is deep with o-line and receiver talent...stars could finally be lining up the right way to infuse some young talent to surround Josh. And we may have just found our veteran backup QB today.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The jets might be a garbage team.....but their down linemen are NOT

Teller was making big boy plays all day against a good DL

I agree with this.  But why did it take the Bills this long to play him?  Many here wanted Teller to be the starter out of the gate and it looks they weren’t wrong.

3 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Looked good.  Bills had a nice draft this year.  Think they get a upgrade at center the O line will look a to better for next season

I'd think they'll do more than one O-lineman.  I can see them signing a high level FA, maybe even two for the line, plus draft another, maybe 2nd rounder for guard or RT.   Possibly either Ike B or McD from the practice squad can also develop into at least a legit depth player for the line.