[Name Only Title] Wyatt Teller?

Dave Allen

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd take "meh" over "God-awful" any day of the week. But Trapasso was wrong about Mason Rudolph. 

The interior of the OL is clearly in need of upgrades so why not give Teller a shot with the team languishing at 2-7.  I didn't like Mason Rudolph and never understood his grade on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The interior of the OL is clearly in need of upgrades so why not give Teller a shot with the team languishing at 2-7.  I didn't like Mason Rudolph and never understood his grade on him. 

Agreed. There is absolutely zero reason not to play Teller. Just let him play. Sirles too...if they aren't planning on bringing Mills back, what's the point of playing him? 

And I just have a hard time with Trapasso now because that was so egregious I really can't take him seriously anymore. 

For the price of Teller and Ray Ray,  the Bills could have had Valdez-Scantling and St. Cloud----both of whom were picked by GB.....

But, no.  McD knew we were all set at WR, picking instead Ray Ray and Proehl--2 guys who would have been UDFA if the Bills hadn't drafted them.

Edited by Mr. WEO

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Move Ducasse back to right so we can yank concrete feet (miller)..play Teller at left...he pulls out well....run the damn ball between Dawkins and Teller.jmho.Richie had great footwork and Teller's got it too.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Mills is a FA next year. FWIW.

maybe they can get an extension done over the by week !!!

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

???

wowsers. musta been garbage time  lol..

46 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

can't risk any near death Experiences for whomever is QBing. because we are that close to seeing a QB breaking down and crying if the Line cannot get their shirt together

jk

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For the price of Teller and Ray Ray,  the Bills could have had Valdez-Scantling and St. Cloud----both of whom were picked by GB.....

But, no.  McD knew we were all set at WR, picking instead Ray Ray and Proehl--2 guys who would have been UDFA if the Bills hadn't drafted them.

That hind sight thing is a B word

28 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Move Ducasse back to right so we can yank concrete feet (miller)..play Teller at left...he pulls out well....run the damn ball between Dawkins and Teller.jmho.Richie had great footwork and Teller's got it too.

Nice point. use them to their strengths

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would actually like to see free agents brought in at OG and Center

or

Draft a LT high...move Dawkins to LG.....pay for a good Free agent Center.....Wyatt Teller to RG and pay for a free agent OG.....keep Mills

Mills can play second string or heavy.
I would invest in FA at 3 spots at least on the line. If i had my wish, get the line to a point of steady and consistent. and i do not care the cost, if you want to take care of the Franchise QB.
Then WRs ! Two who can play football and have proven it.
Draft showed we may not have a good eye for WRs yet. so could go either way.

always draft for defense. Bills do a better job on that side of the ball and developing players post Rex

I like Wyatt Teller.
and i keep hope is going to develop over the years to the point of him getting his second contract playing for the Bills. Because he plays well and the FO doesn't act stupid and hang him out there.

just a vision i had.

I like Dawkins too. he will improve

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd take "meh" over "God-awful" any day of the week. But Trapasso was wrong about Mason Rudolph. 

How do you know that? We won’t know that until Big Ben retires. He is in the best situation of all the rookie QBs.

There are lots of quality LTs in this draft and we can trade back to get more picks and still get a very good one.   

We would love to see 5 picks in the first 3 round and a trade back could do it.  And stop trading up and wasting picks.  

If we can accumulate a few prime picks we can get a quality O-lineman and a receiver.  We also need a corner and depth at LB (Lorenzo will not last forever). 

With free agency we can address OL and WR as a priority.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Proehl was second to last pick.  Not many drafted in that slot do much.   Teller looked good in his first action 

1 hour ago, billspro said:

How do you know that? We won’t know that until Big Ben retires. He is in the best situation of all the rookie QBs.

Trappaso had him as his top guy over all of those quarterbacks drafted in the top ten and Jackson and Rudolph went in the third round. He isn't good enough to beat out Josh Dobbs and has been inactive all season ala Christian Hackenberg. Maybe he amounts to something someday, but Trappaso was wrong. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That hind sight thing is a B word

It's not hindsight when you can draft for a position of extreme need (in a very deep WR draft) vs drafting bench players.

It all goes to the fact that there is little reason to be confident that McD will suddenly be better at evaluating offensive potential draftees in his 3rd draft than he was in the first 2.  

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Proehl was second to last pick.  Not many drafted in that slot do much.   Teller looked good in his first action 

That wasn't the point.  There were better WRs available in the tail of the Bills draft (round 5 and later).  It's nice that Teller looked Ok in week 9 though.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not hindsight when you can draft for a position of extreme need (in a very deep WR draft) vs drafting bench players.

It all goes to the fact that there is little reason to be confident that McD will suddenly be better at evaluating offensive potential draftees in his 3rd draft than he was in the first 2.  

That wasn't the point.  There were better WRs available in the tail of the Bills draft (round 5 and later).  It's nice that Teller looked Ok in week 9 though.

Dont you think the jury is still out here a little bit?  What if Wyatt Teller ends up becoming a starter next year?

Remember....you dont draft players for just the year they were drafted......and you surely dont do it in the 5th round of a draft.

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont you think the jury is still out here a little bit?  What if Wyatt Teller ends up becoming a starter next year?

Remember....you dont draft players for just the year they were drafted......and you surely dont do it in the 5th round of a draft.

So what?  He'll be a starter on a crappy O-line, like he was Sunday.  He can't make much of a difference, given his position.  I'd rather have 1 or 2 potential starters at WR.  Their impact should be more obvious.

The point is that he drafted 2 WRS.....as an afterthought.  Proehl probably because he vaguely remembers his father playing in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what?  He'll be a starter on a crappy O-line, like he was Sunday.  He can't make much of a difference, given his position.  I'd rather have 1 or 2 potential starters at WR.  Their impact should be more obvious.

The point is that he drafted 2 WRS.....as an afterthought.  Proehl probably because he vaguely remembers his father playing in the NFL.

I also would like to see better offensive weapons drafted.....but we ARE talking about the 5th round of the draft.....real project status time.

and I disagree that Wyatt Teller cannot affect this team....if he ends up being a quality starter this OL is soooo bad right now

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I also would like to see better offensive weapons drafted.....but we ARE talking about the 5th round of the draft.....real project status time.

and I disagree that Wyatt Teller cannot affect this team....if he ends up being a quality starter this OL is soooo bad right now

Quality O-line starter?  Hmmm, we heard his entire career that Joe Thomas (drafted instead of Adrian Peterson in a draft LOADED with playmakers) was a HOF LT (hey, why not?), yet nearly every year, the Browns offense sucked and the Joe Thomas anchored O-line was a leader in sacks allowed.  And Teller is certainly not even Joe Thomas level lineman.

Edited by Mr. WEO