[Name Only Title] Wyatt Teller?

Dave Allen

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean, I definitely like his scouting report.  Also, I think G is more about want to and attitude than overall technique more than other positions.

but as garbage as our offense is, I don’t think the oline has been a major problem recently.  But I’m far from an oline expert.  What are you thoughts?  Definitely think he should get time towards the end of the year though.

We have not been able to run the ball with any consistancy.....I gotta put that on the OL.

In pass protection?  They look like they have gelled a bit.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We have not been able to run the ball with any consistancy.....I gotta put that on the OL.

In pass protection?  They look like they have gelled a bit.

Respect your thoughts on this.  Obviously we had some oline losses and Tyrod helped the run game. I also think we are very predictable which lets defenses tee off.

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

What's the word on Wyatt Teller? I've heard nothing but radio silence on him since the beginning of the season. 

There was enough buzz after the draft to give hope that he could get up to speed quickly and contribute. But the fact that he's still exiled to the practice squad worries me. 

The handling of Teller is another sign of McCoachs screw ups. 

Is it a rebuild and W/L aren't as important as learning and process ? If so why is he not playing and learning like Allen, Milano(last year), White, Johnson, etc.

Would his deficiencies be any worse of a problem than the current oline guys lack of talent? 

Or does he not play because McCoach wants to win and is not quite as good as the other oline men? If that's true why did he only have Peterman and Allen as QBs and WTF is going on at the WR position?

McBean has contradicted themselves all over the place with how they have handled things and we fans are catching on to their lies and catching a whiff of their steaming pile.  

What did McCoach tell Lorax and Meatball at the end of last year? Were going to stink for the next 3 years but hey, we want you to be part of a 3-13 team? If he didn't tell them that then he lied to them and I have zero respect for liars!

Edited by pop gun
  • Haha (+1) 1

If he can't beat out the crap that we have out there right now he is probably not a good played. I also don't see Castillo coaching him up because I have seen almost zero improvement in the O-Line.

I want the Patriots O-Line coach, they are the best at holding and not getting flagged for it. We will get a healthy dose of that on Monday night.

Teller likely needs work in pass protection at this point. But I like his potential and I still think they should give him a chance to play. Guys like Groy, Ducasse and Miller I think have a good chance of not being on this team next year. Go ahead and give Teller a chance to play. 

On another note, go trade for Forrest Lamp. He is healthy and ready to go and the Chargers just won't play him. Not sure why they are keeping him on the bench, but I do think there is a possibility of trade there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

What's the word on Wyatt Teller? I've heard nothing but radio silence on him since the beginning of the season. 

There was enough buzz after the draft to give hope that he could get up to speed quickly and contribute. But the fact that he's still exiled to the practice squad worries me. 

He hasn't been good enough to be active on game days, but he's on the 53 not the PS. There's nothing to hear. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

After watching him at TC, I was positive that he would get some PT eventually this season.  You are correct, he is an absolute monster in the running game.  Must need some polish, as most late round o-linemen typically need.

Potty training?  Did he crap himself or something.  I thought that was just mud.

I kind of am shocked they didn't try and have Teller be active on game day by now. Maybe he isn't ready to start but I thought if there were garbage time snaps to be had they would want him active on game day to kick the tires and see what he has if the situation called for it. I hope the Bills by the end of the season toss him out there the last 3-4 games of the season. We know what Vlad and Miller are by now, it would be good to see the younger players get a shot to showcase themselves a little and get some experience. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I kind of am shocked they didn't try and have Teller be active on game day by now. Maybe he isn't ready to start but I thought if there were garbage time snaps to be had they would want him active on game day to kick the tires and see what he has if the situation called for it. I hope the Bills by the end of the season toss him out there the last 3-4 games of the season. We know what Vlad and Miller are by now, it would be good to see the younger players get a shot to showcase themselves a little and get some experience. 

Coaches don't decide on game day rosters with garbage time in mind. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Coaches don't decide on game day rosters with garbage time in mind. 

I understand that, but its not like the other backup OL players are that great, if there is an injury or garbage time I would like to see what Teller has. Then again this is just as a fan commenting on a message board. I have to trust that the coaches who see him every day probably know he isn't ready for prime time. It is just odd since Teller at least looked like a player capable of being active on game day during pre-season and from training camp reports. 

I at least hope they play him and the other young guard on the roster towards the end of the season assuming the last 2-4 games are completely meaningless. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I understand that, but its not like the other backup OL players are that great, if there is an injury or garbage time I would like to see what Teller has. Then again this is just as a fan commenting on a message board. I have to trust that the coaches who see him every day probably know he isn't ready for prime time. It is just odd since Teller at least looked like a player capable of being active on game day during pre-season and from training camp reports. 

I at least hope they play him and the other young guard on the roster towards the end of the season assuming the last 2-4 games are completely meaningless. 

There are others ahead of him such as Groy and Sirles.  Maybe near the end of the season as you suggested. 

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Teller likely needs work in pass protection at this point. But I like his potential and I still think they should give him a chance to play. Guys like Groy, Ducasse and Miller I think have a good chance of not being on this team next year. Go ahead and give Teller a chance to play. 

On another note, go trade for Forrest Lamp. He is healthy and ready to go and the Chargers just won't play him. Not sure why they are keeping him on the bench, but I do think there is a possibility of trade there. 

...I'd bet Castillo is saving him for the "playoff stretch run"  versus upsetting the current "apple cart success"...make sense to me.....

• Like (+1) 1

Backup rookie offensive linemen, don't generally create a lot of buzz, unless it's for the wrong reasons.  He could be improving in his technique, or not.  We probably won't hear anything this season unless McDermott shakes things up and names him as a starter.  I'm not expecting that.  We'll learn a lot more in the next training camp.

• Like (+1) 1

None of the Bills' rookie draft picks have stood out except for Edmunds.   Johnson's been OK but hardly great.  Phillips has been OK but nothing to write home about.  They both strike me as the type of players that will both play out their contracts and contribute in some way but that no major effort will be made to retain them.  We'll see I suppose.  That's about it.  The rests are either enormous question-marks (Allen) or role-players (Neal, McCloud, Teller), or no longer on the team.  (Proehl)  

McBeane needed to do a whole helluva lot better in this draft, immediately, in order to save their jobs IMO.  

Edited by TaskersGhost

On 10/26/2018 at 10:18 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Allen pans out this draft is amazing, there are some solid contributors on defense but we need more elite talent. We need that young WR/TE that demands extra coverage attention. We need that young DE/DT that demands double teams. Tre White is really all we have.

Very well said.  This is exactly what im hoping for.  With some wheeling and dealing with the extra draft picks i hope it gets done. 

On 10/26/2018 at 9:41 AM, TaskersGhost said:

None of the Bills' rookie draft picks have stood out except for Edmunds.   Johnson's been OK but hardly great.  Phillips has been OK but nothing to write home about.  They both strike me as the type of players that will both play out their contracts and contribute in some way but that no major effort will be made to retain them.  We'll see I suppose.  That's about it.  The rests are either enormous question-marks (Allen) or role-players (Neal, McCloud, Teller), or no longer on the team.  (Proehl)  

McBeane needed to do a whole helluva lot better in this draft, immediately, in order to save their jobs IMO.  

Na, Tarons been really good

• Like (+1) 1