Schefter: "If I had to guess on the biggest name that moves next week is LeSean McCoy"

DCOrange

9 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

As I remember, Tom Brady was a 6th rd pick in the 2000 NFL draft. How can there then be 0% chance of drafting a "consistent starter" in the 6th rd?? By only going back to the last decade. Kinda selective though isn't it?

As no saint said, how selective do you have to be to include Brady in your figures.?

Mr. Irrelevant, Chad Kelly, was the 256 pick last year. Going back to 2000 is 17 years. 256 * 17 = 4352 selections + the yearly supplemental draft allocations. If we “arbitrarily” went back 17 years to make sure we included Brady, that would be .02 %. Even then we would have to “arbitrarily” decide to round all our figures to the 100th of a percent to account for Brady, rather than deal with whole percentages.

2 hours ago, simpleman said:

As no saint said, how selective do you have to be to include Brady in your figures.?

Mr. Irrelevant, Chad Kelly, was the 256 pick last year. Going back to 2000 is 17 years. 256 * 17 = 4352 selections + the yearly supplemental draft allocations. If we “arbitrarily” went back 17 years to make sure we included Brady, that would be .02 %. Even then we would have to “arbitrarily” decide to round all our figures to the 100th of a percent to account for Brady, rather than deal with whole percentages.

Brady was just an example... The "sample period" was players drafted between 2005 to 2014... So anyone drafted before or after would not be reflected in these "stats"... Of course you had to click the link and read through the article to find this information out...

On 10/24/2018 at 5:39 PM, TwistofFate said:

Lol, no one cares about stopping the run?? 

I can assure you they do. 

If they run all over you they control the clock, control the tempo, tire out the defense, and keep your pass happy offense on the sideline.  

It's called grinding out a win.   It's what teams who suck attempt to do to keep the game close enough to win by a lucky turnover.  It's been the Bills motto for 20 years. 

Stop the run and you end up with a team like us, averaging 12pts a game, and practically a guaranteed win when you play them. 

Yo they meant no one cares about a running attack being the primary offensive focus/scheme. Every defense wants to stop the run, it's called playing defense. Regardless of what the BIlls have done, it's not how teams win in the NFL today. The run can be used effectively to win games in conjunction with a top passing attack, otherwise you'd see the niners, browns, panthers, and boys doing way better than they currently are. Like it was stated, even the Rams with one of the most productive, if not best RB in the league, are currently 12th in rush yds.

If the way you win in the NFL is through the run - why does everyone draft a QB over a RB in the top 5? Outside of Barkley, Fournette, and Zeke, the last back taken in the top 5 was Trent Richardson in 2012...it's a pass first league at the moment, and the run helps aid the pass.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't be shocked to Shady traded, I think at this point if the Bills got a 3rd round pick offered they would take it and stack the middle of the draft and free up some more cap space for 2019. But I also would not be surprised if the team held onto him and kept him for 2019 hoping to maybe draft a RB in the mid rounds and have Shady/Ivory keep the seat warm for a rookie for one more season. 

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Yo they meant no one cares about a running attack being the primary offensive focus/scheme. Every defense wants to stop the run, it's called playing defense. Regardless of what the BIlls have done, it's not how teams win in the NFL today. The run can be used effectively to win games in conjunction with a top passing attack, otherwise you'd see the niners, browns, panthers, and boys. Like it was stated, even the Rams with one of the most productive, if not best RB in the league, are currently 12th in rush yds.

If they way you win in the NFL is through the run - why does everyone draft a QB over a RB in the top 5? Outside of Barkley, Fournette, and Zeke, the last back taken in the top 5 was Trent Richardson in 2012...it's a pass first league at the moment, and the run helps aid the pass.

Pass to score. Run to win. 

Age old axiom that pretty much much holds true. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, Iamkrgr said:

Hopefully McCoy comes back this week and plays well. Would be nice to get him a chance at a Superbowl. We'd at least get something for a RB we really have no use for this season. 

Yup...trade him back to the Eagles....give the man a chance to be part of something besides this mess that's going on around here.....give us a 3rd round pick.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, Another Fan said:

So outside of Kyle how many players are then left from the Rex years if he’s gone?

Lorenzo Alexander, Charles Clay, John Miller.

But I suspect they will all be gone as well by next season, either due to retirement, trade, FA or release. That includes Kyle Willams too.

The only guy I see staying for a while is Hughes.

Edited by vincec
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I would support trading McCoy.  He has played his heart out for us,  but he get nicked up a lot and frequently misses 3-4 games per year.   I like our depth at running back.  If we could get a first or second round pick for shady, then pull the trigger. 

I think if they got offered a 2nd it would happen in a heartbeat, more or less a 1st because no one is going to do that. More than likely though we are looking at a 4th imo if this happens at all. 

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think if they got offered a 2nd it would happen in a heartbeat, more or less a 1st because no one is going to do that. More than likely though we are looking at a 4th imo if this happens at all. 

I think if they got offered a 3rd they would do it, let alone anything higher.