Schefter: "If I had to guess on the biggest name that moves next week is LeSean McCoy"

DCOrange

2 hours ago, no name said:

trade your best player?

seems like a present bills move.

smh

I dont think he is our best player anymore. It looks like age is catching up to him and he has lost a step. I will say, its hard to judge him due to our enigmatic offense and the fact run blocking/scheme is brutal. 

Even if im wrong about hitting the brick wall, we are going no where this season. Let him try for the Lombardi and let us get something that may pay dividends down the road.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

Let me just go and order my Shady jersey then...it will definitely happen then. 

Love Shady in Buffalo but he’s got 1-2 more good years left and I just don’t see him getting to the big game here in that time. Give him a shot on another team as long as it’s not the Pats* 

I don’t really see a good fit for him aside from the Eagles or one of the NFC North teams?

Would love to see Tarik Cohen in a Bills uni but idk if the Bears would do that trade yet. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Tre White isn't getting traded.

Tre White may be one of the Top 10 best Bills players drafted in our history. I don't think we have ever had a lockdown corner of his abilities outside of the great Butch Byrd, but his talent is being wasted because of the dearth of talent in other places.

52 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Good chance that at least 4 of them are gone next year too.

I think that Hughes and Shaq could stay if they play well for the rest of the season, and I suppose there's a chance that LorAx will get re-signed for a cheap veteran sum, but I can't see anyone else from that list being back with the team in 2019

I could see GB being interested, as could Seattle, Philadelphia, or Washington.

My god, can you imagine if 5 years ago somebody said Shady and AP would be in the same backfield still playing? Terrifying

40 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Let me just go and order my Shady jersey then...it will definitely happen then. 

Love Shady in Buffalo but he’s got 1-2 more good years left and I just don’t see him getting to the big game here in that time. Give him a shot on another team as long as it’s not the Pats* 

I don’t really see a good fit for him aside from the Eagles or one of the NFC North teams?

Would love to see Tarik Cohen in a Bills uni but idk if the Bears would do that trade yet. 

Not a chance. Jordan Howard would probably be more likely but I can't imagine the Bears seeing McCoy as an upgrade over either of their RBs.

Curtis Martin ran for almost 5,000 yards after he turned age 30. There are exceptions to the rule. If a contender needs a RB, say Philly, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 2nd or a 3rd. 

34 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Tre White may be one of the Top 10 best Bills players drafted in our history.

I laughed at this, but it may or may not become true.  It's FAR too early for these declarations.

He isn't a lockdown corner until he plays at a high level for multiple seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

If you can get a third or fourth, go for it; Philly's desperate.  Our OL can't create a seam, let alone a hole, for McCoy.  So why not?  Next years OL better be significantly better, but McCoy can lose his game by than, given his age and the hits he's taking this season.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD
  • Like (+1) 1

Exactly why would you trade one of your best players for a mid to late round pick? The odds of drafting a starter are less than 50/50 even in the best possible scenario. And given the historic incompetence of our current front office on evaluating offensive talent, it is downright suicide to have to fill the hole you would create.

Historic Success Chart

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Not a chance. Jordan Howard would probably be more likely but I can't imagine the Bears seeing McCoy as an upgrade over either of their RBs.

I agree with you but let me be hopeful here lol

Wouldn’t mind see Howard in a Bills uni either. Beane is a witch though so you never know...