NY Giants Trade Damon "Snacks" Harrison to Lions for 5th Round Pick

BigBuff423

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm not really following the purpose behind your statement....? 

Is it sarcasm to the college he attended? Hard to believe but eh, to each his own

Is it insinuating many folks on this message board don't have the mental acumen to stay in an intelligent conversation with him? Possibly...

Are you simply trying to run amok an otherwise positive conversation about a former NE coach because you live in NE? Also, an equal possibility...

Regardless, please elucidate the context of your statement otherwise, why come onto this board? Just take your ball and go home.

hence the italics which on most bbs is a signal of sarcasm.....I guess next time I'll simply label sarcasm before both before and after..that should help

14 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

hence the italics which on most bbs is a signal of sarcasm.....I guess next time I'll simply label sarcasm before both before and after..that should help

As noted in my response to bandit a couple posts later, it went my over my head. Apologies. 

Edited by BigBuff423

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

They have far too many of "those days." Very inconsistent unit.

Edmunds had a terrible day and Star was not occupying blockers like I'd expect from a 10m/yr space eater. Just bad all around.

Our linebackers are going to have to play a lot better if we're going to cover on Monday. I think losing by <14 is how we need to measure success in this game.

I think they have done far more good than bad this year, considering how little the offense is helping them.

They do give up a lot of yards, that is undeniable, but they aren't exactly giving up 8 touchdowns a game either.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Giants are an example of how bad decision-making can cascade through the league and cause consequences to other teams.  The Maras stuck Shurmur and Gettleman with Manning for 2018, which was a bad directive.  Gettleman passed up on the chance to trade down, acquire picks, and still likely draft a QB of the future - so he could take a running back.  Horrible decision when you factor in the opportunity cost.  Meanwhile Gettleman’s stubborn idiocy probably cost the Bills the chance to draft Darnold, the consequences of which remain to be seen.

And now, the Giants are shedding talent to acquire extra picks to guarantee themselves a top QB prospect in 2019, which they should’ve dealt with in 2018.  When you factor in the amount of picks that Gettleman passed up on acquiring, along with the picks he may have to spend to trade up, it’s astounding - deferring the QB decision will cost the Giants like 5-6 draft picks and some quality players.  And those are just the consequences to the Giants - as I said above, their stupidity affected other teams such as ours...

So they are basically doing the same thing the Bill's front office did when they took over. Passed on taking a QB (Mahommes) except they got a good CB instead of a very good RB, and now are selling off the existing talent to acquire picks to get a QB in the next draft. It's not like the guys from this draft are blowing everyone away and carrying their teams making others regret not taking them. They Jets, Browns, Bills, and Cardinals arent that far from the Giants in the standings.....

The only Difference for them is that when they draft a new QB , he can learn from a Manning with 2 Superbowl rings, and will have a stud RB there to help him out on the field. I would wonder how great Goff would look if they Rams didnt have Gurley there in that offence.

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So they are basically doing the same thing the Bill's front office did when they took over. Passed on taking a QB (Mahommes) except they got a good CB instead of a very good RB, and now are selling off the existing talent to acquire picks to get a QB in the next draft. It's not like the guys from this draft are blowing everyone away and carrying their teams making others regret not taking them. They Jets, Browns, Bills, and Cardinals arent that far from the Giants in the standings.....

The only Difference for them is that when they draft a new QB , he can learn from a Manning with 2 Superbowl rings, and will have a stud RB there to help him out on the field. I would wonder how great Goff would look if they Rams didnt have Gurley there in that offence.

I highly doubt Manning sticks around to mentor a new QB next year.  He's done in NY and probably done period.