Now that Bringbackfergy’s Birthday is over , how many Asian carp has he got in his freezer?

mead107

42 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can help you with the bikinis but not the water levels.  We still use the mechanical tech from the 1960s with water elevations.

In all honesty... We do it the same way the last 60 years.  Sure there are computers for record keeping, etc... But it's still very manual.  Really... It's like a time warp and I made it past 27 years!  The actual elevation readings are NOT an analog graph anymore... Yet, they are hooked up to same 1960s system via a computer, digital readout.  Same amount of work... Just record.  Instead of pad and paper, record now, input into computer.

It is like Ralph runs the joint. Cheaper just to keep 2 guys on 24/7/365.  We are right-side up.  Cost $6 million to build in 1960.  Now a 60 day closure costs the economy $18 million. They don't want to sink $$$$ into automation. Costing them pennies, Nothing is broken... 

Would cost the Gubermint 100s millions. If not billions to "replumb" and have to close it down if modernized.  We keep the old stuff maintained.  Again, a time-warp.  It's so the antithesis of what we expect government will do!

This ain't FakeNew!© I sh it You not!

Ya know what you guys need? A consultant

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mead107 said:

Fergy is smuggling Asian carp into the Hudson River. 

Do you approve? 

Who has more Asian carp in the freezer 

country Cletus 

Fergy 

Exiledinillinois 

That’s heinous! Ferguson only cares about catching the big one so he is ruining the pristine Hudson Valley.

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

That’s heinous! Ferguson only cares about catching the big one so he is ruining the pristine Hudson Valley.

According to ExiledinWikipedia, the Asian carp are good for the Great Lakes and inner coastal waters (man made channels). And they can be caught on a hook. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

According to ExiledinWikipedia, the Asian carp are good for the Great Lakes and inner coastal waters (man made channels). And they can be caught on a hook. 

Asians are superior race of fish.  Their STEAM* education is far more advanced than those lazy salmon.  Pffft... Breed once and die.  That's not a hard worker to me!

*Notice I added "A" to make: STEAM from STEM?  The arts & humanities matter to.  "Cultural realease" for the purpose of a prosperous future matters too!

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

So, Fergy is wanted by boarder patrol for smuggling Asians into NY.  ?

He could be!  LoL...

Actually... In all honesty.  I think it is against the law for the past 10 years to transport the Asian carp over state lines.

Yet... Who's inspecting live wells, bait buckets?  Small Asian carp look like regular minnows, bait fish.  Sneaky little bastages. Fish a vessel with a live well in infested waters... Are they cleaning vessel, live well before trailering to other waters.  eDNA detection is not that hot of an issue now as it was a decade ago.  It's unreliable in real-world situations.  So many vectors of possible Asian carp eDNA transmission. Put that boat, dirty live well in clean waters, turn the pump on... Bam... Genie is out of bottle.

Four species AC:

Grass (eat vegetation only past 2 years old)

Silver (filter feeds plankton)

Big Head (extremely filter feeds plankton)

Black (eat mollusks only)

Grass carp have been in ALL Great Lakes except Superior since the early 1990s.

People trailer their vessels from all over country.  Especially fishing tourneys.  Within days across the Midwest they are in all different types of waters.

When they did a fish kill over a 2 mile zone of canal back in 2011... They pulled out 30+ different species, 11,000 pieces of fish, 100,000+ pounds of fish.  This was a river/canal that was "dead" 40 years.  Nothing but sludge worms lived in it.  The most interesting species they pulled out were koi.  How did koi get in there? I got pictures somewhere of the 2011 fish kill. They used our facility as base.  Bulldozers & dumpsters to dispose of the waste.

Oh... And yes... A week before, they netted all the "game fish" and moved them out of the kill zone.  Well, as most as they could.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

@ExiledinWikipedia should be inspecting all live wells as boats come past his station. He’s up in that warm, little command house, doing his Soduku puzzles and sipping hot cocoa. He dreams of his next little compact truck he can buy. Tax dollars at work...complaining about an infestation of a very mild favored fish that he allowed into our river/lake system. Gatekeeper?? I think not!!!

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledinWikipedia should be inspecting all live wells as boats come past his station. He’s up in that warm, little command house, doing his Soduku puzzles and sipping hot cocoa. He dreams of his next little compact truck he can buy. Tax dollars at work...complaining about an infestation of a very mild favored fish that he allowed into our river/lake system. Gatekeeper?? I think not!!!

Above my wage grade.

I think they do in Minnesota and Nebraska though.  Nazis!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You Sir don't Trust the Process©... And it is clearly showing.  You need to be taken to the re-education camp or stripped of that tee-shirt!

306529.jpg?itok=FA0aQsqs&mrf-size=l

Who made you the custodian of Asian carp records? Last time I checked, the Constitution protects the freedom of thought as it relates to invasive species and the tenderness of their flaky flesh. Just sayin’

• Haha (+1) 1