What will the Bills get in return?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. KB will yield...

20 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Mills

Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Mills

Glenn/Dawkins, Incognito, Wood, Ducasse, Mills

Dawkins, Ducasse, Groy/Bodine, Miller, Mills

So Mills being the only consistent piece among all four years? Not saying drastically different, but Miller isn't the Miller of the first two years, and Incognito and Wood were a large reason for our run attack succeeding as well as it did. Glenn set the edge and Dawkins took over the role.

Not to mention the OCs we had each year: Roman, Lynn, Dennison, and Daboll - how are we supposed to put a consistent offense together with a new playbook every year?

Just now, ctk232 said:

So Mills being the only consistent piece among all four years? Not saying drastically different, but Miller isn't the Miller of the first two years, and Incognito and Wood were a large reason for our run attack succeeding as well as it did. Glenn set the edge and Dawkins took over the role.

Not to mention the OCs we had each year: Roman, Lynn, Dennison, and Daboll - how are we supposed to put a consistent offense together with a new playbook every year?

The first 3 years had quite a bit of consistency across the OL. You now say 'not drastically different' but the reason I posted that in the first place was because you said very different! Miller is the same guy, Castillo is just terrible compared to Kromer (and I addessed that earlier). And why are people all of the sudden forgetting that Roman was here through the 2016 offseason and Lynn wasn't the OC until week 3. Lynn even stated that he was utilizing Roman's playbook, but just paring down the number of plays.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The first 3 years had quite a bit of consistency across the OL. You now say 'not drastically different' but the reason I posted that in the first place was because you said very different! Miller is the same guy, Castillo is just terrible compared to Kromer (and I addessed that earlier). And why are people all of the sudden forgetting that Roman was here through the 2016 offseason and Lynn wasn't the OC until week 3. Lynn even stated that he was utilizing Roman's playbook, but just paring down the number of plays.

Fair enough - I agree the "very" comment was misguided. I'll still argue the line performed differently each year and that contributed more to the stats you posted than our WR corps did. And while I get it was in response to someone commenting on our corps, pick your battles, when you quote offensive stats and DVOA in relation to our WR corps over the years as though correlation equates to causation, you're going to have a bad time. 

Agree to disagree that Miller is the same player now as in 2015, and I agree Castillo was the worst thing to happen to this team from a coaching perspective. And an OC that was here 3 weeks into the next season is hardly anything to count, the issue people are having with your comment is that the forest is inclusive of OC and OL and they consider these to be more contributory to the issues we see than our changing WR corps. 

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Fair enough - I agree the "very" comment was misguided. I'll still argue the line performed differently each year and that contributed more to the stats you posted than our WR corps did. And while I get it was in response to someone commenting on our corps, pick your battles, when you quote offensive stats and DVOA in relation to our WR corps over the years as though correlation equates to causation, you're going to have a bad time. 

Agree to disagree that Miller is the same player now as in 2015, and I agree Castillo was the worst thing to happen to this team from a coaching perspective. And an OC that was here 3 weeks into the next season is hardly anything to count, the issue people are having with your comment is that the forest is inclusive of OC and OL and they consider these to be more contributory to the issues we see than our changing WR corps. 

When we had the weapons (and they were healthy) the offense worked.

Cycling back to the topic at hand, KB ain't a weapon.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

When we had the weapons (and they were healthy) the offense worked.

Cycling back to the topic at hand, KB ain't a weapon.

While a true statement, the two aren't exclusively cause and effect. It's a combination of that plus many other factors.

And yes, to the point, KB is definitely not a WR1 weapon, but matched up against DB2's and safeties in third down/red zone scenarios where he can compete for the ball in one on one matchups I'd say he'd be able to compete very well. No, he's not a weapon right now for us and I question his attitude and motivation, but on a team with other WR talent that demands attention from the secondary, he could be very useful.

9 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Why keep him? Despite popular opinion I believe he is really trying to step it up the last few weeks. Call me crazy but I'd prefer to keep the last can of beans on my shelf rather than give it away for some obscure pic in the future.

We are not signing him to an extension. So if I was the GM I would be looking to move players who won't be here long term. Too many injury concerns plus I worry about motivation once he does get paid. He is going to need and take a 1 yr prove it deal next year from some team to show he can produce at a high level.