NYG trade Eli Apple to Saints

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Speaking of fast, then we could select Parris Campbell in the draft to complete the trio.

He’s fast but his hands are suspect. He was a RB in HS they made him a WR, he’s most successful in the horizontal game. Would love to add his athleticism and he’s a big “character” guy too who McD would love but it would need to be at a value price in the draft. Imo 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

On one hand this is promising given Beane’s relationship with Gettleman, on the other hand the only guys I would want from the NYG aren’t getting traded 

Beckham for a conditional 7th, Peterman, and Jordan Mills.  The Giants get their qb of the future and improve on their terrible oline.  We take on ODB’s huge contract.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Aka New Orleans Buckeyes 

Yolo, You are plugged in to the Buckeye scene. What happened to Apple in NY? My understanding was that he was a good kid coming out of college but had some trouble adjusting to the pro game  and life outside of the building. Is he too dependent on his mother or she hovers around him too much?

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yolo, You are plugged in to the Buckeye scene. What happened to Apple in NY? My understanding was that he was a good kid coming out of college but had some trouble adjusting to the pro game  and life outside of the building. Is he too dependent on his mother or she hovers around him too much?

I heard nothing when he was here, but since he left it was reported there was a lot going on behind the scenes that the coaches were able to help him with, and once he got to the nfl that wasn’t there anymore. There was also a big falling out with his mom and dad, and she effectively removed in from Eli’s life which was very difficult for him. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard nothing when he was here, but since he left it was reported there was a lot going on behind the scenes that the coaches were able to help him with, and once he got to the nfl that wasn’t there anymore. There was also a big falling out with his mom and dad, and she effectively removed in from Eli’s life which was very difficult for him. 

People are more than what they do. Life can be very complicated and challenging for those who are less equipped to handle their respective situations. I hope that he has the right support system in New Orleans that will allow him to thrive as a player and person. For some people the fast life in NY or LA can be a tough place to live. I wish him the best.

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

People are more than what they do. Life can be very complicated and challenging for those who are less equipped to handle their respective situations. I hope that he has the right support system in New Orleans that will allow him to thrive as a player and person. For some people the fast life in NY or LA can be a tough place to live. I wish him the best.

He is from NJ, so it seemed like a gift that he was drafted there. But unfortunately i think it would have been better for him to be away from his family, not with them. There was a ton of drama fueled by his mom and she forced him to choose her side. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just want to publicly thank you for including "Apple" in the headline because a lot of posters would have just included "Eli" and thought that was a hoot.

I would have done that 1000 times out of 1000!   

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They still have 6 picks..... but only one in the first 4 rounds and two in the first 5 rounds. 

They can probably do something like:

- Kendall Sheffield rd. 2

- Isaiah Prince rd. 5 

- Mike Weber rd.6 

- Terry McLaurin rd 6

- Damon Arnette rd 7

- Johnnie Dixon rd 7

They have to try to add 6 Buckeyes right?