Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I do not go out of my way to bash the man.  The people at Ol' Miss felt connected to him and believe in his talent and want him to succeed.   Some like to say it's because his lst name is Kelly that we even mention him.  I say that if he grew up in East Brady or anywhere else other than WNY we wouldn't pay him any attention either. 

I think he is a very athletic and talented QB, others want to debate that, but his fundamental problem is that his brain is missing the ability to say no to his worst social impulses whether under chemical influence or not.  He may have "Fear None" on his arm but who he should really fear is Chad Kelly and the damage he has done to his own future.  I hope he seeks some professional help before he seeks another shot at professional football.  

It's the only reason he is discussed anywhere.  He may have felt "connected" at Ol Miss, but like every other Ol Miss QB not named Manning, he has no place in the NFL.  

43 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Keep going

There’s more that needs to be said?

I’ve already stated, I’d like to see the young man see the light, change his ways, grow up, maybe even revive his career  in the AAF.

For Chad, a pro football career seems unlkely, but he’s gonna have to find some way to earn a living, so he’d better clean up his act soon.

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

There’s more that needs to be said?

I’ve already stated, I’d like to see the young man see the light, change his ways, grow up, maybe even revive his career  in the AAF.

For Chad, a pro football career seems unlkely, but he’s gonna have to find some way to earn a living, so he’d better clean up his act soon.

Sorry for the lack of clarity...it was in reference to Jim's conduct.  I also hope he grows up, develops a compass and becomes somewhat functional.

13 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I do not go out of my way to bash the man.  The people at Ol' Miss felt connected to him and believe in his talent and want him to succeed.   Some like to say it's because his lst name is Kelly that we even mention him.  I say that if he grew up in East Brady or anywhere else other than WNY we wouldn't pay him any attention either. 

I think he is a very athletic and talented QB, others want to debate that, but his fundamental problem is that his brain is missing the ability to say no to his worst social impulses whether under chemical influence or not.  He may have "Fear None" on his arm but who he should really fear is Chad Kelly and the damage he has done to his own future.  I hope he seeks some professional help before he seeks another shot at professional football.  

Werent you also also excited to see how EJ would do under Rex and Greg because EJ was on his way to being better than Tannehill?

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Werent you also also excited to see how EJ would do under Rex and Greg because EJ was on his way to being better than Tannehill?

Wow, you're pretty good remembering stuff that I don't even remember posting but the Tannehill part seems wrong because I was never high on Tannehill.   Although the aregument may have been that EJ was on par with him (and Carr?)  and did not warrant the permanent benching he got.

But, yeah the case can be made that:

1) EJ's rookie year was in line with any of his QB peer group.

2) Being pulled after going 2/2 in his 2nd year after just having their offense wrecked by JJ Watt was premature and unprecendented.

3) That Kyle Orton was not an improvement to the Bills offense in any measurable way.

4) That EJ had the best performances in the 2015 preseason games but Tyrod was the choice from the get go and it did not matter.

5) That all of EJ's game appearances since then have been poor to middling.

What any of that has to do with Chad Kelly is a mystery to me.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's the only reason he is discussed anywhere.  He may have felt "connected" at Ol Miss, but like every other Ol Miss QB not named Manning, he has no place in the NFL.  

His name is Kelly,  he grew up in WNY and we have been hearing and seeing reports on him since he was a P, P and K participant at the then Ralph.  His St Joes stint, P, P and K competitions, being a 4 star recruit to Clemson, a participant at the UA allstar game, and of course all the times he he got in trouble were all reported on in the WNY media market.  If any of this had happened in other other media pond it would not have caused a ripple here.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wow, you're pretty good remembering stuff that I don't even remember posting but the Tannehill part seems wrong because I was never high on Tannehill.   Although the aregument may have been that EJ was on par with him (and Carr?)  and did not warrant the permanent benching he got.

1) EJ's rookie year was in line with any of his QB peer group. 

EJs peer group for 2013 is Geno Smith , Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson,  Ryan Nassib .   So he did as well as these guys?  Yay?

2) Being pulled after going 2/2 in his 2nd year after just having their offense wrecked by JJ Watt was premature and unprecendented.

3) That Kyle Orton was not an improvement to the Bills offense in any measurable way.

Didn't the offense actually move the ball with Orton in 2014?  Orton had better completion percentage , QB ratings,  and yards per attempt than EJ that year. 

4) That EJ had the best performances in the 2015 preseason games but Tyrod was the choice from the get go and it did not matter.

The reason for original question was to  point out you like lost cause or no cause QBs =)   

22 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Wow, you're pretty good remembering stuff that I don't even remember posting but the Tannehill part seems wrong because I was never high on Tannehill.   Although the argument may have been that EJ was on par with him (and Carr?) and did not warrant the permanent benching he got.

1) EJ's rookie year was in line with any of his QB peer group. 

EJs peer group for 2013 is Geno Smith , Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson,  Ryan Nassib .   So he did as well as these guys?  Yay?

2) Being pulled after going 2/2 in his 2nd year after just having their offense wrecked by JJ Watt was premature and unprecedented.

Didn't the offense actually move the ball with Orton in 2014?  Orton had better completion percentage , QB ratings,  and yards per attempt than EJ that year. 

The reason for original question was to  point out you like lost cause or no cause QBs ?  

1) Nay.  See the peer group from the Allen/Wentz thread, page 2 by BuffaloHokie13.   31 rookie QBs from 2011 thru 2018.  EJ is right in the middle.

3) Measurable is the wrong word.  Meaningful is better.  PPG or offensive ranking were pretty much the same pre and post EJ benching.  No real reason to pull the plug on a 2nd year, 1st round QB after less than 20 career starts.

The reason for original question was to  point out you like lost cause or no cause QBs. 

My answer to this is that EJ was not a lost cause in 2015 when Rex was taking over.  Some predicted it but it wasn't so at that point, imo.  His Bills career died in London.

As far as Chad goes, his stock is about as low as could be.  But, entering the 2018 OTAs and training camp, after having rehabbed knee and wrist surgeries and with only a 7th round pick having been invested in him, he managed to get very close to the starting job in Denver.  He had a great preseason.  Now he's got to work his way back up from the bottom of professional football and I suggest it would be greatly beneficial for him to get some professional help before he attempts it.

Andy Dufresne: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Our country is built on redemption.  Some believe in it and some don't.