Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

On 3/20/2019 at 5:25 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Oh, I'm certainly not saying he hasn't done some STUPID things. I'm just saying that people generally aren't thinking clearly(or soberly) when they make these bad decisions.

He's gonna have to bust a** to get another shot. I'm just personally all about giving guys (who didn't kill somebody, etc.) another shot. The bleeding heart type if you will.

Give him another shot to stop being a spoiled, belligerent, drunk, stupid, a-hole?  

Absolutely.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was my biggest takeaway too!! He looks ridiculous. 

Eh, Jim was the same way at that age. They just didn’t have cameras everywhere and social media. If they did, he would be looked at differently today.

The same? :lol:

Jim had his ego-related issues for sure, but I beg to differ...  Chad's been a head case since high school.

I was referring specifically to JK vouching for Chad (with Elway) to get him on that team.

Everyone knows JK wasn't perfect... But Chad's always been off the rails.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Jim had his ego-related issues for sure, but I beg to differ...  Chad's been a head case since high school.

I was referring specifically to JK vouching for Chad (with Elway) to get him on that team.

Come on man. We've all been blinded by family member's "suddenly seeing the light" etc. I'm not gonna fault JK for wanting to believe in his kinfolk.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Come on man. We've all been blinded by family member's "suddenly seeing the light" etc. I'm not gonna fault JK for wanting to believe in his kinfolk.

That's what I'm saying... -JK vouched for the kid on the strength of his reputation to a fellow HOF'er… Chad then proceeded to blow things in grand style.

made his Uncle look like a jerk... -Even with all the crap Jim did in the 80's.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Jim wasn’t just an ego-maniac, he was a problem. I know people hate hearing that but he was. There are zillions of stories of him grabbing women, driving drunk, etc... He was Chad without the social media.

Also, he shouldn’t have vouched for that knucklehead.

• Like (+1) 5

On 3/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Oh, I'm certainly not saying he hasn't done some STUPID things. I'm just saying that people generally aren't thinking clearly(or soberly) when they make these bad decisions.

He's gonna have to bust a** to get another shot. I'm just personally all about giving guys (who didn't kill somebody, etc.) another shot. The bleeding heart type if you will.

Im all for redemption stories. But he hasn’t shown to be an nfl qb. Does he get more shots at it because he also wasn’t a good person in his free time? I hope he does well in whatever comes next but I wouldn’t sign him as a football player.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Im all for redemption stories. But he hasn’t shown to be an nfl qb. Does he get more shots at it because he also wasn’t a good person in his free time? I hope he does well in whatever comes next but I wouldn’t sign him as a football player.

For sure. My comments regarding Chad Kelly have more to do with his life outside of football. Not a fan of writing off human beings. I don't even think he's a particularly good quarterback. But with the new D leagues, he's probably going to get a shot and I'd like to see that happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jim wasn’t just an ego-maniac, he was a problem. I know people hate hearing that but he was. There are zillions of stories of him grabbing women, driving drunk, etc... He was Chad without the social media.

Also, he shouldn’t have vouched for that knucklehead.

Dude... I hung out with one of his ex's... I've heard scary details I'm sure you haven't... I'm just gonna say it... If you were a celeb in the 80's, you did things

that would be reprehensible by today's standards... Grabbing women and driving drunk? -That's a slow Tuesday in 1988... Not excusing it one bit... -That was how people partied... And don't even mention the yayo… Kelly was a d_ckhead with a strong work ethic who grew into the husband, father, and  HOF'er we know today… He was definitely a process.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Dude... I hung out with one of his ex's... I've heard scary details I'm sure you haven't... I'm just gonna say it... If you were a celeb in the 80's, you did things

that would be reprehensible by today's standards... Grabbing women and driving drunk? -That's a slow Tuesday in 1988... Not excusing it one bit... -That was how people partied... And don't even mention the yayo… Kelly was a d_ckhead with a strong work ethic who grew into the husband, father, and  HOF'er we know today… He was definitely a process.

Oh we are on the same page then. I was sticking on the mild side but he dude was nuts. He’s an infinitely better person today then he was when he was playing. That’s true for a good portion of that team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh we are on the same page then. I was sticking on the mild side but he dude was nuts. He’s an infinitely better person today then he was when he was playing. That’s true for a good portion of that team. 

Agree Kelly was wild, and a bit of an a-hole... But not insane... Chad, IMO, is 100% certifiable...-Needs to be under a doctor's care.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

That's what I'm saying... -JK vouched for the kid on the strength of his reputation to a fellow HOF'er… Chad then proceeded to blow things in grand style.

made his Uncle look like a jerk... -Even with all the crap Jim did in the 80's.

...GREAT call bud.....forget the nine lives crap...this is a high payin' big boyz league......wanna test throwing away millions because of your uncle?......nicely done.....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...GREAT call bud.....forget the nine lives crap...this is a high payin' big boyz league......wanna test throwing away millions because of your uncle?......nicely done.....

Kid has a padded cell and a spit mask waiting for him somewhere... Chad and Winslow Jr. should work out in the offseason.  -Oh wait, its always the offseason for those two.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Kid has a padded cell and a spit mask waiting for him somewhere... Chad and Winslow Jr. should work out in the offseason.  -Oh wait, its always the offseason for those two.

...EXCELLENT analogy my friend....BOTH did their best to sully the family name thinking it earned them MORE lives.....:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Jim had his issues with beer, booze, and blow, but he threw for 5200 yards in his rookie year in USFL.

Chad, as you’ve stated, pretty much a head case since childhood.

• Like (+1) 2

Just to show a better side of Chad and a little bit of a LAMP lol. 

My uncle has Downs syndrome and made friends with Jim after he won a contest to go to Jim's camp in 90. Hes in Jim's book lol. Jim invites him back to camp every year.  But he's made friends with Chad over the years. 

Earlier this week my uncle gets a call before he goes to work, its Chad asking if he worked that day and if so he would stop by to visit. Sure enough later that day in comes Chad. 

Any time he sees my uncle he goes out of his way to make his day. Brings him onto field when he was prepping for final college season getting a tutorial with Jim and Demore'ea Stringfellow.

He may make poor decisions but he does have a good heart. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Paragraph bothered me
  • Like (+1) 4

I do not go out of my way to bash the man.  The people at Ol' Miss felt connected to him and believe in his talent and want him to succeed.   Some like to say it's because his lst name is Kelly that we even mention him.  I say that if he grew up in East Brady or anywhere else other than WNY we wouldn't pay him any attention either. 

I think he is a very athletic and talented QB, others want to debate that, but his fundamental problem is that his brain is missing the ability to say no to his worst social impulses whether under chemical influence or not.  He may have "Fear None" on his arm but who he should really fear is Chad Kelly and the damage he has done to his own future.  I hope he seeks some professional help before he seeks another shot at professional football.