UB-51 MIA OH-42 Bulls 8-1, AJ83 3TDs 238yds school record

PromoTheRobot

11 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Nice blindside block there on Hodge with no call

Tough to believe that the NFL wants to flag Kelvin Benjamin's block but the NCAA would think this one is ok.  The targeting call on Hodge near the end is likely bogus too.  I'd need to see it again but I thought Hodge dropped his shoulder to initiate contact.  Any head contact was glancing.

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Tough to believe that the NFL wants to flag Kelvin Benjamin's block but the NCAA would think this one is ok.  The targeting call on Hodge near the end is likely bogus too.  I'd need to see it again but I thought Hodge dropped his shoulder to initiate contact.  Any head contact was glancing.

Thus the problem with officiating at the NFL Zane NCAA level today, lack of consistency. If Hodge is targeting that the blindside hit on him earlier in the game was as well. 

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I would take him in the first. 

I really think he'll be available on Day 3, or the end of the Day 2 at the earliest. Certainly will be an interesting test case for analytics though. I know PFF for example loves him and has him as like the #2 or 3 WR in the class while it seems most other draft pundits have him outside the top 10 WRs.

When you can't stop a team when you know what it is going to do then you are not a complete team. The Bulls knew what Army and Miami were going to do yet their defense continued to be gashed. Pin ball football is entertaining to watch but it doesn't represent high standard football. The record is great but the defense is to put it modestly very porous. 

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I really think he'll be available on Day 3, or the end of the Day 2 at the earliest. Certainly will be an interesting test case for analytics though. I know PFF for example loves him and has him as like the #2 or 3 WR in the class while it seems most other draft pundits have him outside the top 10 WRs.

I would easily take him in round 2 or 3

The D was disappointing but hey, it's the MAC on a Tuesday night and weird things happen.  I thought Ragland and Miami looked much better than their record.  Great to see AJ and the offense get it together.  UB has a bunch of weapons.  AJ had better be a priority for the Buffalo Bills or I will be pissed. 

What was  up with the refs?  They obviously wanted a ton of airtime and to be the center of attention.  They called 24 accepted penalties for 239 yds.  I mean Geez!  They helped and really hurt BOTH teams at various points in the game.  The one penalty I feel they should have called was the hit on Hodge.  They called the exact same penalty against the Bills Kelvin Benjamin on Monday night.  Isn't that just plain and simply a dangerous hit?  I thought those are now being flagged at all levels.  Whether there's no helmet contact it's still a dangerous hit on an unsuspecting player.  There are plenty of ways to block without doing that.

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When you can't stop a team when you know what it is going to do then you are not a complete team. The Bulls knew what Army and Miami were going to do yet their defense continued to be gashed. Pin ball football is entertaining to watch but it doesn't represent high standard football. The record is great but the defense is to put it modestly very porous. 

No question they have flaws. And as good as Tyree Jackson's stat line was he still makes some terrible throws. But I'm not going to let that spoil my enjoyment of the season. They could still win the MAC and get a decent bowl.

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No question they have flaws. And as good as Tyree Jackson's stat line was he still makes some terrible throws. But I'm not going to let that spoil my enjoyment of the season. They could still win the MAC and get a decent bowl.

It is absolutely a penalty and was just missed by the officiating crew. The only way to legally throw a blindside block is to engage with your hands and continue the engagement with your hands. Even if you engage with the hands first, if your shoulder then comes through it is still a penalty. 

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Hodge is out for the first half next week because of that horrible call...he labeled ragland in the chest with his shoulder as you indicated.The zebras were terrible last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.