UB-51 MIA OH-42 Bulls 8-1, AJ83 3TDs 238yds school record

PromoTheRobot

@PromoTheRobot

@K-9

I tell you (get ready for an unpopular take) I still think Tyree is under performing a little bit.  Additionally, I know some may like the balance of the offense, but given their receivers, all their receivers, I believe this team could light it up a little more passing wise.

I don't mean just tossing it up, I mean quick slants and various other middle range patterns.  They are averaging more than 220 yards per game passing and I believe that could very easily be up to 270-75 without upsetting the apple cart.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@PromoTheRobot

@K-9

I tell you (get ready for an unpopular take) I still think Tyree is under performing a little bit.  Additionally, I know some may like the balance of the offense, but given their receivers, all their receivers, I believe this team could light it up a little more passing wise.

I don't mean just tossing it up, I mean quick slants and various other middle range patterns.  They are averaging more than 220 yards per game passing and I believe that could very easily be up to 270-75 without upsetting the apple cart.

Oh I totally agree. In fact, to me it looks like the coaching staff doesn't fully trust Tyree when AJ isn't playing. Tyree looks very Josh Allen-esque at times, missing throws. That's why I'm hoping he stays for his senior season. He needs more development.

It also begs to question how good is TJ3 really? And how much is Anthony Johnson's ability to catch almost anything thrown his way? Maybe Johnson is exactly what Josh Allen needs?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh I totally agree. In fact, to me it looks like the coaching staff doesn't fully trust Tyree when AJ isn't playing. Tyree looks very Josh Allen-esque at times, missing throws. That's why I'm hoping he stays for his senior season. He needs more development.

It also begs to question how good is TJ3 really? How much is Anthony Johnson ability to catch almost anything thrown his way? Maybe Johnson is exactly what Josh Allen needs?

Nailed it with a lot of the above, PTR.

However, don't they have faith in some of what their other guys can do?  Osborne and Jones especially?

I have seen every game this season, from what you have seen, doesn't it seem like sometimes they look just about ready to take off and then...it sputters.  I am not talking turnovers, I am talking (obviously) about play calling.

They are going to be in a game sometime, and they are going to need to get first downs and they are not going to just be able to rely on running the ball to run out the clock.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nailed it with a lot of the above, PTR.

However, don't they have faith in some of what there other guys can do?  Osborne and Jones especially?

I have seen every game this season, from what you have seen, doesn't it seem like sometimes there look just about ready to take off and then...it sputters.  I am not talking turnovers, I am talk (obviously) about play calling.

They are going to be in a game sometime, and they are going to need to get first downs and they are not going to just be able to rely on running the ball to run out the clock.  

All true. They have been stuffed on their last few 4th and short attempts running to the middle. TJ could easily make a quick out. So why aren't they doing that? Osborne is really rising and the TE Mabry too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All true. They have been stuffed on their last few 4th and short attempts running to the middle. TJ could easily make a quick out. So why aren't they doing that? Osborne is really rising and the TE Mabry too.

BTW, please forgive my poor grammar.  With the Bills playing the way that they are I honestly get excited when talking about the Bulls and type too quickly.

Crazy to think we have no football this weekend, but we have the Bills at home on Monday night and the Bulls at home on Tuesday night.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BTW, please forgive my poor grammar.  With the Bills playing the way that they are I honestly get excited when talking about the Bulls and type too quickly.

Crazy to think we have no football this weekend, but we have the Bills at home on Monday night and the Bulls at home on Tuesday night.

Looking forward to the Bulls acting as a salve after the Monday night debacle I expect to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking forward to the Miami game.  

I agree that Tyree has not looked good at times. He mixes in a great throw or two in between misses and some bad decisions.  He needs to clean it up if he expects to be a high draft pick. 

On the flip side, KJ Osborn has really impressed this year. Good speed, good hands, makes tough catches, etc.    He and AJ will both be in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Looking forward to the Miami game.  

I agree that Tyree has not looked good at times. He mixes in a great throw or two in between misses and some bad decisions.  He needs to clean it up if he expects to be a high draft pick. 

On the flip side, KJ Osborn has really impressed this year. Good speed, good hands, makes tough catches, etc.    He and AJ will both be in the league.

Right, right.

Zow, doesn't he look like, though, that he is right there?  Like he really could clean things up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

@zow2

@PromoTheRobot

@K-9

BTW, not for nothing, but I believe they start getting votes again for the top 25 at 9-1, and they climb into the top 25 if they win the MAC Championship at 12-1.

knock on wood.

They got votes this week in the Coaches Poll.

This is another big game.  If they win and Ohio loses to Ball State, it makes the road to the MAC Championship Game pretty clear, even if they lose to Ohio.  

The high television rating bode really well for the program.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

They got votes this week in the Coaches Poll.

This is another big game.  If they win and Ohio loses to Ball State, it makes the road to the MAC Championship Game pretty clear, even if they lose to Ohio.  

The high television rating bode really well for the program.

May Day, thanks bud.  So much "Win" in your post and a lot of it I didn't know.

Thrilled at the coaches poll votes...that just tells me respect is becoming a thing.

...and i did not know about the ratings.  

PTR and some of you other guys called it.  Seriously, getting behind this team could really be a thing and could really help them going forward.

How great it would be to more often than not have this team be at 9-3, or so.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.