How and Why The Bills Could Win Monday Night

Kevin1778

13 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Wait...are you putting the Bills on the same level with the Bears and Chiefs? Yeah, you are right...they aren't blowing away elite teams, but don't mistake this historically bad team for elite.

And where did I do that?

Ask players if they would rather play an elite team from another division, or a last place divisional opponent, and they’d probably have to consider it for a bit.

8 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Absolutely zero chance to win.  The Bills are going to get slaughtered!

the biggest headline will be the ratings...."least watched mnf in history....after 5 mins. ....gotta give them 5...i am a fan ya know...then i will go into the fetal position somewhere dark and cool.  then i will get up and join the rage with schop( sp?) and the postgame show

I don't expect the Bills to win. That being said if they don't at least put up a fight and play like their hair is on fire *and* if Brady doesn't walk off the field without feeling like he's been in a war, than I'll know these guys have no pride whatsoever.

If we had halfway decent talent on offense I'd give us better than a 50-50 chance. But as it is now, they just have to use Ivory as a battering ram.

8 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Absolutely zero chance to win.  The Bills are going to get slaughtered!

It's not zero.  There could be a Kale Salmonella outbreak rendering the entire Pats* team (with the exception of Gronk) disabled.

That would give the Bills a chance to win.

12 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

1. GET TURNOVERS. The Patriots have turned the ball over 14x. Only 4 teams have turned it over more. With rain and cold temperatures expected, the Bills should feast on the Patriots sloppy offense.

2. RUN THE BALL. The Patriots have struggled mightily to stop the run. Their 24th ranked run defense should allow the Bills to control the clock.

1 + 2 = Win.

Before anyone goes crazy, ask yourselves if you thought the 0-2 Bills could win on the road at the Vikings. How did they do it? They won the turnover battle 3-0 and won the rushing game 128 yards to 14 yards. The Patriots are an ideal matchup for the Bills. They turn the ball over and they can't stop the run. 

Originally thought this was a loss, but now believe the Bills win.

Bills 20. Pats 17.

I am always amazed by our fan base.....let the above bolded line sink in for a sec.....

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Success said:

We tend to mythologize the Pats too - which is understandable.

If KC takes more time in their last TD drive, and Chicago doesn’t give up a kick return and blocked punt - they’re 3-5.  They’re not blowing teams away this year.

Eh... they're both a lot better than the Bills, you have to take that into consideration.

The Bills are going to have to play a masterful and lucky (A lot of turnovers are luck) defensive game and they are going to have to take some risks on the offensive end. If I were Darboll I would run a lot of aggressive trick plays and just go for it offensively. You have to play this game like you have nothing to lose offensively and on special teams. Break out your bag of tricks and hopefully you crack 2 or 3 big plays. I don't foresee a win on Monday night happening. Maybe if Allen was healthy they could have a punchers chance if you squint your eyes. However I don't see it happening this time. 

This team is not currently constructed to beat the Patriots

We have the defense to keep us in it....but you have to match the patriots points and they WILL score.......of that there is a certainty

I see our defense putting up a gutty effort.......while our offensive line continues to not be able to open holes for the running backs when it matters.....and wide receivers that dont run their routes, pop balls into the air, not fight for balls......doing us in

Eventually our defense will tire.....and Brady is a vicious a hole when that happens......

That is how it plays out in my mind

but.....as I have said a few times....that is how this team is currently constructed this year.....we are not openly tanking....that is bad for ticket sales....but this is what they were actually trying to do in year 1 but McD just coached the heck out of this team and we got the playoffs....which ultimately hurt us in our quest to draft a QB as we ended up having to give up 2nd rounders and Glenn to move up into the rounds to be able to get one of the top guys......Beane is not letting that happen this year.

I know that sounds aweful and very conspiracy thinking......but this is what my gut tells me.