Should McDermott and Beane be fired after the season?

I know a lot of people are saying that they'll automatically be back for a third year.

After giving this some thought I think it may be wise to fire these guys after the season.

Here are some reasons why the Petula's should consider firing them. 

1) Complete mismanagement of the quarterback position.

First we had the chance to draft Pat Mahomes who is arguably the most dynamic quarterback in the league. I know Whaley was technically the GM in charge at time, but let's be honest we all know McDermott was calling the shots. You mean to tell me he's that bad at evaluating QB's that he didn't want to draft Mahomes? Didn't he watch film on the college quarterbacks or what? Then we have the whole mess of a situation with Peterman. I don't even know why he's still on the roster. Yeah let's not even get into that. UGH.

2) Number of blowout losses.

McDermott has only coach 24 games thus far and 8 of them have been blowout losses. 1/3 of the games is an astounding numbers of games to be blown out in. Very alarming statistic.

3) Dubious draft picks, trades, free agent signings

-Giving up a 3rd round pick for Benjamin. I'd grade that trade an F.

-Paying Star Lotueleli 50 million just to take on double teams? Really you gotta pay a guy 50 million to take up double teams. 

-Trading up in the draft for Zay Jones. Not only is he not a good receiver but we actually traded up to get him. SMH.

4) Historically bad offense.

This may be the biggest reason to fire McDermott. This regime seems to be completely clueless on the offensive side of the ball. We're ranked dead last in offense and this has to be the worst offense in the NFL in years. I'm not sure if it's just brining in inept coordinator's or lack of talent but either way the results speak for themselves. We have 3 touchdown passes this season. Are you kidding me!? Say that out loud. 3 touchdown passes in the entire damn season. SMH. What makes anyone think the offense is gonna improve in year 3 with this regime? 

Do these guys really deserve to be back for year 3?

Edited by RosenNOTchosen1
  • Thank you (+1) 1