Football czar.

7 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Buffalo is need of one.  Look Terry and Kim don't know ***** about running a football team and it shows when Terry and Kim gave unlimited power to morons that never were one a football coach before and two a GM who was never a GM before.  Case in point we get a big win in Minnesota and what does Beane do trade someone, we win against Tennessee and we hear Beane wants to trade shady.  You can't run a franchise with a GM that wants to trade every player on the team for his poor drafting blunders.  Players don' t like environments like that. try to sign someone in free agency and tell them  we want to sign you but we don' t guarantee you are going to be on this team at the end of the season. This team is a mess with the McDermott on the verge of losing the team.  If this team loses on Monday night  to the patriots then Beane or McDermott must be fired the next day.

If the Bills hired a football czar, the fans would give him until the second quarter of Preseason Week 1 before they started screaming to fire him.

56 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Beane has had one draft, and near as I can tell he's got a promising rook qb,  with Edmunds, Harry, and Taron all gamers.   

McD isn't in charge of personnel, he's the coach, so he has to work with what he's given.

This is not even halfway into the first year with rookies running our offense and defense.   Seriously, what did you expect?   Rosen has one win, Allen and Mayfield have two, and Darnold has three.   All losing records, but all expected as the trainees learn the pro game.  Should all the other coaches be fired too?

Dude, get with the program.  It never was about this year, be a little more patient.  Your post might make sense after 2.5 more seasons, but not now.   

Good points but I disagree with bolded. McDermott was hired before Beane and I believe he has a big say about the personnel on the team

How many organizations have a "Football Czar"? When I first heard this term I thought it was completely retarded. Still thinking the same thing. You have a GM and scouts. If they can't get it done then what are you paying them for? Terry and Kim should hire, fire, and write checks. Outside of that it is on the people they hire at those positions of power to get the job done. Adding some other dumb*** with a title isn't going to change a thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Buffalo is need of one.  Look Terry and Kim don't know ***** about running a football team and it shows when Terry and Kim gave unlimited power to morons that never were one a football coach before and two a GM who was never a GM before.  Case in point we get a big win in Minnesota and what does Beane do trade someone, we win against Tennessee and we hear Beane wants to trade shady.  You can't run a franchise with a GM that wants to trade every player on the team for his poor drafting blunders.  Players don' t like environments like that. try to sign someone in free agency and tell them  we want to sign you but we don' t guarantee you are going to be on this team at the end of the season. This team is a mess with the McDermott on the verge of losing the team.  If this team loses on Monday night  to the patriots then Beane or McDermott must be fired the next day.

What?  Just fire them now then.  Seriously this statement is ridiculous.  They are rebuilding, they have shed talent and payroll.   A third of their salary cap is for guys not on the team.   The offense is terrible and is not really fixable without an offseason.  To expect them to win on Monday night given they have bottomed out (by design) is outrageous.   I am just hoping this does not go as bad as a couple other prime time games have gone with these guys.  Remember Randy Moss 4 td's in the first half? 

I dont think they need a Czar....that is Beane, he has total control of the football team.  Hopefully he knows what he is doing.  Jacksonville has a Czar, talent everywhere and they are 3-4 on a team that is supposed to be competing for a SB.

We need to remind ourselves, the plan these guys had was to tear it down to then build it back up.  We experiencing the bottom....its not fun but had to happen.

Edited by mattynh

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

How many organizations have a "Football Czar"? When I first heard this term I thought it was completely retarded. Still thinking the same thing. You have a GM and scouts. If they can't get it done then what are you paying them for? Terry and Kim should hire, fire, and write checks. Outside of that it is on the people they hire at those positions of power to get the job done. Adding some other dumb*** with a title isn't going to change a thing. 

...extra level of bureaucracy and bigger potential of fighting for ultimate control of personnel decisions...... Czar/GM/HC.......bad move IMO.........

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

But Jacksonville has one so it must be a great idea.  Your exactly right if a coach and GM cant get it dont what's the point.  Give them time...I know people are worried the Bill's are building an old school type team that many think doesnt work in today's NFL which is all about offense.  But give Beane and McD the draft an offseason..then we can further evaluate

8 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

This post is pure genius.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Beane has had one draft, and near as I can tell he's got a promising rook qb,  with Edmunds, Harry, and Taron all gamers.   

McD isn't in charge of personnel, he's the coach, so he has to work with what he's given.

This is not even halfway into the first year with rookies running our offense and defense.   Seriously, what did you expect?   Rosen has one win, Allen and Mayfield have two, and Darnold has three.   All losing records, but all expected as the trainees learn the pro game.  Should all the other coaches be fired too?

Dude, get with the program.  It never was about this year, be a little more patient.  Your post might make sense after 2.5 more seasons, but not now.   

Agree.

I got caught up in the whole the-drought-is-over-and-a-new-day-is-dawning hype at the end of last season. 

Then I watched with surprise as we traded away our QB without a proven starter to replace him.  Then I discovered that we had the lowest roster spending in the league this season but tons of cap space going forward.  And then I came to terms with the fact that the Bills are in full rebuilding mode this year.  

It's way too early to judge.  

There are CZARS and there are czars.  The former are in total control, are experienced and successful, and know precisely what needs to be done.  Exhibits: Belichik, Parcells, Lombardi.  The latter may have total control but don't otherwise have all the other qualifications.  When the Pegulas took over the franchise, they desperately needed the former.  They still do.  It's been trial and error from day one.  Granted, finding and securing the right person isn't easy; they're few and far between.  But you have to go after prime talent, pay it what it demands, and your chances of success rise exponentially.  The perfect example of a team that's refused to do this is the Redskins.  Dan Snyder has never released the reigns to anyone and it certainly shows during his tenure (the only GM he's ever had was an alcoholic and got fired).  Certainly, having a czar (no caps) doesn't mean you'll be successful.  Though the Pegulas are not of Snyder's mindset, they still need ongoing expert advice from someone with CZAR-like qualifications, who is committed to the franchise and paid accordingly.  That's the step between CZAR and czar, since the former is hard to come by and the latter does, by no means, suggest success.  If the Pegulas do have someone in the background functioning in that capacity, it may well be the wrong person.  The right person will not have you constantly rebuilding to little or no avail.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Good points but I disagree with bolded. McDermott was hired before Beane and I believe he has a big say about the personnel on the team

Yeah he probably does, if that's the case he hit on Dawk, TreD, Milano and maybe even Zay is going to be good.   If Allen pans out, we could have done the impossible in two drafts:  Stud LT, Middle LB, Shutdown Corner and Franchise QB.   

Come on JOSH !!!!!

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah he probably does, if that's the case he hit on Dawk, TreD, Milano and maybe even Zay is going to be good.   If Allen pans out, we could have done the impossible in two drafts:  Stud LT, Middle LB, Shutdown Corner and Franchise QB.   

Come on JOSH !!!!!

have to really get that O-Line fixed...many teams have average or poor lines but we need to be much better

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wow, I'm not their biggest proponents. But they aren't getting fired for losing to NE.

We could have had like 30 coaches in the past 18 years by that logic

Sadly enough this might not have been a bad idea. It would have been nice to move on from Dickie J, Greggo, Meathead, Gailey, Marrone & Rex quicker. sigh...what a sorry list of HCs

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yes, because the world is littered with ex football czars who lead NFL teams to greatness. Just too many examples to list. 

Need a czar, call William Mattar.

I still think Darcy Regier is an inspired suggestion.

Wait, maybe the word was 'perspired'.