Is following the Bills a fun pastime for you?

Sundays with any remote playoff indications. My formative fan year was cheering to beat the Browns 0-7 on a last minute drive to hopefully get 8 to be 8-8 all the while hoping a crap ton of other scenarios went our way so we could squeak in. 

Was I crushed when we lost 0-7? Sure. Did I have fun along the way ? Absolutely. Am I checked out right now? You bet. Am I excited? I don't see a particular reason to  be, but I don't know.. maybe we go 8-8 next year and squeak in. To next year! ?

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

In times like these, the games are pretty much only a reason to  get out of the house on Sundays to drink a few beers, eat some food and socialize with like minded folks. I've really been trying to make a concerted effort not to let the performance of the Bills affect my mental state one way or the other. I'm making small in roads.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It passes time and I do it frequently. But fun ?? Absolutely not. 

Agreed...I can’t remember the last time I had fun watching them..I even question why I continue to torture myself...I’ve stopped going to games and I keep thinking that one of these days I will stop watching altogether because I really don’t feel they will ever be good- or entertaining to watch for that matter...the past few years I find myself apathetic as to whether they win or lose...i feel my fandom is all but dried up, unfortunately...to put it this way- they simply never reward me for all of my emotional investment I have made over the years and I’m just tired of giving anymore without any reciprocation.

Edited by JaCrispy

Once the winning starts again, after watching a rebuild, it's awesome; 1963 - 1964, 1979 -1980, 1987 - 1988! If the complete organization is transitioned to a winning culture, free agents will want to come here, as many did throughout the 1990's. In 1979, we were merely rebuilding from the horrible 76 - 77 seasons and we had a QB. In 1987 we also had a QB and were recovering from the horrible 85 - 86 seasons; now we are battling sixteen years of poor coaching, scouting, drafting, and FA moves; we were constantly at best an almost .500 franchise but could never improve. I have seen much more despair in the past than at the moment and will give the current regime until 2019, once we get over the hump it will be awesome again!  

• Like (+1) 1

becoming less fun. not so much because they have failed to really be a true contender for nearly a quarter century, but more because of the rule changes and all the penalties.

no, I wouldn't call it fun but more of an interest in watching the game and although  considered entertainment that could be translated in to fun, I don't consider it a fun past time anymore.

could it change? well, after 25 years of no real change and following them 45 years, I don't know if I'll live long enough to see a true contender in the buffalo bills?

I still enjoy the camaraderie with fellow Bills fans even though we've been in a constant state of mourning for almost 20 years now.  But yeah the connections and bonds I have with other die-hard Bills fans make it a fun past-time right now while the actual product isn't a fun past time at all.  

• Like (+1) 2

If you don’t have fun, why the heck are you a Bills fan!? 

Yeah the games can by trying, but once you really get to know the fans, it’s all amazing.  My Bills fandom has introduced me to folks around the world that would have met.

Go to the home opener one time and tell me being a Bills fan isn’t the best.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

If you don’t have fun, why the heck are you a Bills fan!? 

Yeah the games can by trying, but once you really get to know the fans, it’s all amazing.  My Bills fandom has introduced me to folks around the world that would have met.

Go to the home opener one time and tell me being a Bills fan isn’t the best.  

i have been, am now, and will always be a Bills fan. right now it is very frustrating. not knowing if we have the right coach, the right qb, the right philosophy, if our team knows about this new wacky thing called the forward pass...yeah, i self medicate with sarcasm.