We should trade for Bridgewater NOW

BigDingus

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

When he stepped onto an NFL field, and when the Vikings were willing to let him walk with no guarantee of landing Cousins. Even if he didn't explode his knee, he was still getting replaced. The kid is not a starting caliber QB

He got hurt and was going to be out 1 and a half years so the Vikings tried to move on. Coming back from a massive injury like that is a big deal but I've yet to see him prove he can't play QB.

Last thing we need right now is an inexperienced QB who will need to be developed.

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

McBeane chose AJ McCarron over Teddy Bridgewater as a stop gap QB for JA.. ***** ridiculous 

He likely did that with the (correct) feeling that McCarron could be a mentor to Allen, while Bridgewater couldn't. Then McCarron became #3 not #1 or #2 and showed signs of discontent (according to Carucci). If we'd known that would happen then yeah, Bridgewater would have been a better pickup.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

When he stepped onto an NFL field, and when the Vikings were willing to let him walk with no guarantee of landing Cousins. Even if he didn't explode his knee, he was still getting replaced. The kid is not a starting caliber QB

Sigh, another person who confuses his opinion with fact.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Last thing we need right now is an inexperienced QB who will need to be developed.

He likely did that with the (correct) feeling that McCarron could be a mentor to Allen, while Bridgewater couldn't. Then McCarron became #3 not #1 or #2 and showed signs of discontent (according to Carucci). If we'd known that would happen then yeah, Bridgewater would have been a better pickup.

Yeah and why did our brain trust make Mccaron the #3?????? 

Hmmmmmmm????????

Worst blunder in recent memory honestly a huge and awful mistake and stain. I honestly think its a criminal, fireable offense and im usually pretty level headed and I WAS a mcbean fan

Like how did peterman bamboozle these coaches wow. What an indictment on their ability to evaluate

I made a post before season started saying it was embarassing to be starting a punter thats never even been on the team  for 1 week before the season started...

I mean i thought that was bad but this.. this is just beyond incompetent and it shows and quite frankly embarassing for fans and owners.

Coaches im sure too if their egos arnt so big they cant recognize their own collosal mistakes.

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Yeah and why did our brain trust make Mccaron the #3?????? 

Hmmmmmmm????????

Wow, tough question. Why did they make him the #3? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jeez.

Couldn't have been because he played third-best, could it?

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Not hard enough,  I give OP a pass as he is usually on point.

Hell no here to Bridgewater. If we are going to chase other teams somewhat available QB's it should be either Carr or Foles. 

Why are people so hung up on this guy who was mediocre/average before he blew his knee into a million pieces?

Derek Carr would be very very nice, would pretty much guarantee we end up with a franchise QB. I'd offer Oakland two 2nds, but I wouldn't give up our 1st.

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Does Bridgewater play WR or TE?

Exactly. Please stop this nonsense.

Right.

Last time I heard that was JP Losman...oh wait, it was Trent Edwards, wait nvm, it was Ryan Fitzpatrick, no that's not it, it was EJ Manuel, oh shoot...it was Tyrod Taylor!

It's always something, it's just never the QB is it? If it's not the WR's or TE's, it's the O-line...if not the O-line, it's the Offensive Coordinator. If not the OC, it's the HC.

It's the f'ing QB's... And I'm saying this as someone who's well aware of the O-line & WR situations, as I've been harping on it all offseason. But unless you haven't been paying attention to the All-22 breakdowns or what everyone in the world can see, the QB's are far WORSE than any other position on offense. Until the QB's can even improve to the level of the other skill positions, you can't blame them.

There's plenty of evidence showing the WR's, as poorly assembled a group as they may be, are getting open more often than not, and it's the awful QB play that's really dragging down the offense. Any half-decent QB could at least consistently go 16/25 for 175 yards, and 1 TD with most any group of WR's and TE's. Problem is we don't have anything even close to resembling "half decent." Deny all you want, but you're foolish to pretend otherwise. 

Ignore all the players (both former, and current...including those on our team), coaches, scouts, experts, journalists (both local & national), statistics, etc. but no capable QB's could crap the bed week in & week out like Josh Allen + Peterman + Anderson.

- Peter King, Murph & Tasker - https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-16-hr-3-one-bills-live (Bills QB situation is "lunacy")
- All 22: https://twitter.com/Cover_1_/status/1049420057254776832
- More All 22 (Allen's supporting cast is limited by HIM, not the other way around) - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/10/09/josh-allens-struggles-go-beyond-lackluster-supporting-cast/
- Todd Gurley alone has more points than the entire Bills Offense - https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-gurley-outscored-bills-7-weeks-025127902.html
- The Bills passing offense is averaging the same stats as teams from 1941 - http://www.footballperspective.com/week-6-passing-stats-the-bills-are-above-average-at-passing-for-1941/

But stay in denial, even though all the evidence points to the QB's holding back the already low-skilled WR's, TE's and offense in general -_-

Edited by BigDingus

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This is an opinion stated as a fact. And not even a particularly solid opinion ...

Sorry if you can't handle implicit statements. That's not my problem. I don't go around qualifying statements with "imo". Of course it's my opinion, because I'm the one saying it, and I haven't provided a peer reviewed paper with citations for confirmation.

Done with you.