Marshawn to IR & Gruden on Carr - no more trades

Reed83HOF

The Raiders have placed RB Marshawn Lynch on injured reserve.

When I mentioned Derek Carr, Gruden was quick and to the point: "We're not trading anyone else. We're trying to stay competitive and figure out a way to compete this next game (against the Colts." #Raiders

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

The Raiders have placed RB Marshawn Lynch on injured reserve.

When I mentioned Derek Carr, Gruden was quick and to the point: "We're not trading anyone else. We're trying to stay competitive and figure out a way to compete this next game (against the Colts." #Raiders

And the Marshawn Lynch return with the raida's fizzles

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And the Marshawn Lynch return with the raida's fizzles

I honestly didn't think they were that far away; I am surprised to see Gruden tearing them down. The manner in which it seems to be being handled just cannot sit well with any players. I will give McD & Beane this - they handled ours way better...

My understanding is that #Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch’s injury that landed him on IR is more core muscle than groin. He was spotted in Philadelphia this weekend, so perhaps another surgery from Dr. Meyers. If so, he could return in 8 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

Gruden also said Cooper will be a big part of the passing game moving forwards like a week ago so I’m not gonna put much stock in what he says. 

Having said that, I don’t think they’ll find any takers for Carr so I think he stays at least for this season. 

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I honestly didn't think they were that far away; I am surprised to see Gruden tearing them down. The manner in which it seems to be being handled just cannot sit well with any players. I will give McD & Beane this - they handled ours way better...

My understanding is that #Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch’s injury that landed him on IR is more core muscle than groin. He was spotted in Philadelphia this weekend, so perhaps another surgery from Dr. Meyers. If so, he could return in 8 weeks.

Theres been some rumblings that our players haven’t loved it. Let’s be honest- it’s not been particularly graceful 

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The TANK is officially on no matter what Chuckie says 

i learned to never listen to anything he has to say about 10 years ago, unless you accept that it is 100% bullcrap, which can be good for laughs

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why is Reggie McKenzie still there?

He won't be for long. I expect him to resign at the end of the year and to not have a problem finding a gig elsewhere. 

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The TANK is officially on no matter what Chuckie says 

...wonder if a HC can put HIMSELF on IR........does have issues......

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

He won't be for long. I expect him to resign at the end of the year and to not have a problem finding a gig elsewhere. 

....been rumored for months the Deadskins' Bruce Allen may reunite with Chuckie in Oakland, having worked together in Tampa Bay......so when Reggie is forced out or resigns, cue up the "should we bring him in" tape/threads......

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Theres been some rumblings that our players haven’t loved it. Let’s be honest- it’s not been particularly graceful 

These kind of moves are never particularly graceful - I do commend the NY Rangers though they seemed to be really good about it with the fans and the players. It is an upheaval for anyone associated with these moves, moving families and friends, the players may actually not want to leave, during the middle of a season when everyone is trying to win. It's obvious most players don't love it and they shouldn't...

All I am simply saying is that we seemed to navigate this better then Oakland...

Edited by Reed83HOF