McDermott and Beane have done a Very Good job.

Kevin1778

12 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

These guys deserve a thread pointing out what a good job they have done. Other than not sticking with Peterman for at least 4 games (trusting the process) and giving Allen a few games to learn a thing or two, they have actually done a great job. They panicked and rushed him along. Mistake.

However, what they have done has been nothing short of a miracle. They made a decision to try to build a team that can win a championship, not just be a 9-7 team every year. This is what great leaders do. They have a plan and stick with it.

4 HUGE SUCCESSES 

1) In their first year, they brought the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17years.

2) They got a franchise QB.

3) They built a top 10 defense.

4) They cleared out a ton of bad contracts and have $91 million in cap space for 2019.

Great leaders have a plan and they stick with it.

and they will continue to do so, can't wait for the championships .

13 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

McDermott and Beane have done a Very Good job.

No, they haven't. Their goal is to build a team that consistently competes for championships. It's way way too early to see what kind of job they are doing.

I'm really really hopeful, but so far they have done a good job only at following their plan.

How will that plan work out? Too early to say. They still have a ton to prove.

I do like the tenets of the plan. They're smart and committed. But plenty of smart and committed team leaders have failed.

We'll see.

23 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Nice to see the haters dropping deuce in yet another thread.

Every thread.  Literally, every single one.  There can be a thread about someone's concert review in off the wall .... and someone will come in to say that Josh Allen sucks.

The current regime inherited a roster and cap situation that was not conducive to building a championship caliber team. They did the easy part, they tore down what was there.
They seem to be struggling with the next part building it up. If Josh Allen turns out to be an excellent QB, then then they have accomplished the most important part. If not, it is a reasonable question to ask if they are the correct regime to assess QBs. I really like Allen. But we do know they passed on a couple of guys, in Mahomes and Watson. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

Overall, it's been a mixed bag. McDermott's blind spot for Peterman was a killer. They overestimated the OL's ability to succeed without Wood and Incognito. They also misjudged KB and Jones' skills, which left them without a bona fide #1 (or #2) receiver. 

On the plus side, they're close to having an excellent defense. They paid too much for Murphy and Loletuli, but they've been solid. They've drafted well (other than Jones).

It's too early to judge Allen, but I'll give them credit for taking the gamble on him. I'm not sure how effective Daboll's game plan can be with such a lack of talent. 

The process called for a step back, but nobody foresaw the offense being a dumpster fire. In the end I'm content letting McBeane continue playing this out, rather than hitting the reset button again too soon.