Amari Cooper Traded To Dallas

sven233

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I honestly don't think he necessarily lost that trade either. Two first round picks, a 3rd round pick, a 6th round pick, and roughly $24 million in cap space is a lot to get back for one player, especially one that isn't a quarterback. This draft class is loaded with pass rushers if Oakland elects to go that route too. I think people have overreacted to that trade big time personally. Obviously it's a pretty big loss in the short-term, but I think the Raiders have shown that they weren't going anywhere this season anyways and if they play their cards right with all the assets they got in return, they should be able to retool pretty quickly.

They did get a lot of value for Mack in return. Will any of that equal another Mack?  Time will tell.

This whole Raiders rebuild is just odd to me right now with the news of Carr being on the block. Looks like he is going to draft his entire team in next years draft and FA. 

I'm not sure if this is brilliant or narcissism?

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

just like us they didn't stay the course with Del Rio and they have the revolving door at HC.   Not fixing the defense and not giving your QB weapons on offense isn't a recipe for success.    The Rams just keep acquiring weapons, and it shows on offense, they are unstoppable.  But they also invested in their Oline and their defense.    Whitworth, Suh, Donald, Kupp, Brandon Cooks.   That team is stacked with talent.   

Did Dan Quinn move on from Matt Ryan when he took over in Atlanta?  That's not how if goes when you have a QB who has shown he can play in the NFL you rarely if ever let him go.  Unless you're the vikings and think that Cousins is going to get you over the top, and then take a step backwards.   

If in his hiring interview Dan Quinn says, “I can’t win with Matt Ryan. I need to bring in my own guy,” and ownership really wants Quinn, then yes, Atlanta probably gets a new QB.

Also, Derek Carr is not Matt Ryan. Totally different pedigrees.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Savage as Fu##

There is no way they can keep Carr at this point. That team has to be in shambles...

I remember when the Bills were going to trade Watkins and they got all the captains together and TT and talked to them first. At least they were pretty professional about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They did get a lot of value for Mack in return. Will any of that equal another Mack?  Time will tell.

This whole Raiders rebuild is just odd to me right now with the news of Carr being on the block. Looks like he is going to draft his entire team in next years draft and FA. 

I'm not sure if this is brilliant or narcissism?

To be fair, his contract is fully-guaranteed for 10 years if I remember right. Oakland really can't afford to get rid of Gruden for quite awhile, so he should have a long enough leash to tear this team down (and maybe even tear it down a second time) lol. Raiders probably played themselves by giving him that much power, but that's where we are now.

They absolutely have to nail these picks/the signings they make with the money that they saved on Mack to not come away looking like fools though, and that's not an easy task.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, eanyills said:

If in his hiring interview Dan Quinn says, “I can’t win with Matt Ryan. I need to bring in my own guy,” and ownership really wants Quinn, then yes, Atlanta probably gets a new QB.

Also, Derek Carr is not Matt Ryan. Totally different pedigrees.

In the same conversation if Gruden says "I can't win with Carr" why on god green earth do you wait until week 7 of the regular season to shop him?   Or Amari Cooper for that matter.  You make those changes in the offseason.   

13 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

when Brees hurt his shoulder people were saying he was done, that is what was said, it's not what happened, but it is the reason Miami passed on him.   That's what I am talking about.  And in context, you seem to be implying Carr is having a lingering injury that is affecting his play.  Well the lack of weapons and oline is not helping.  

I wasn't saying Carr would be worse before he came back. I have a season and a half of actual games since the injury that say he isn't the same guy thus far. It really isn't remotely the same as what people said about Brees, or even Manning pre-Broncos.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember when the Bills were going to trade Watkins and they got all the captains together and TT and talked to them first. At least they were pretty professional about it.

That entire team will have to be turned over, Gruden has zero respect from anyone in that locker room and no one will trust him. I will give McD credit, he holds himself accountable and meets with the players - just as you said. That I think goes a long way in having players go the extra mile.

Edit: as a NY Rangers fan, I love that they sent a letter out to the season ticket holders and held a presser saying they were selling last year. It's a good way to do business IMO. 

Edited by Reed83HOF

11 minutes ago, dubs said:

A first and I think he’s an FA after this year. Possible after next. That’s a huge price to pay for a guy who’s been disappointing the last two years. 

He's paid roughly $14 million next season and then becomes a free agent after that.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I wasn't saying Carr would be worse before he came back. I have a season and a half of actual games since the injury that say he isn't the same guy thus far. It really isn't remotely the same as what people said about Brees, or even Manning pre-Broncos.

I don't agree on Carr's performance all being on him, doesn't Cooper have more drops than anyone??  Isn't that why he was traded?  So you have a bad oline, and no weapons, and it's Carr's fault?