Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

3 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

They didn’t need to spend 3 draft picks on Allen- They could have kept Tyrod, made a better offer than New York, signed Bridgewater and had a true QB competition.  

While using those draft picks to fill the holes created by losing Wood and Incognito.  

They still would have had two 1s, two 2s, and a 3rd if they kept Tyrod.  They could have still got Edmunds with the original 1st, drafted Jackson at 22 if they wanted a project QB, filled OL holes in the 2nd, and still got Phillips in the 3rd...

These are all common sense, non-Madden approaches that could have been taken and kept this team developing while still competing... Instead we are stuck watching a 17 week train wreck.

This is called hindsight. This team needed to get a QB high in this year's draft, and it did just that. Just because you've concluded he's a bust after 5 games doesn't mean anything.

6 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

Since they haven’t put together the team that they want, and had to clean up the crap the previous regime left us, it’s impossible to judge them yet. 

Your posts mostly suck, when do we get to fire you?

Oh... You got him

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Allen has played in five games.  It may take a little more time to let him develop.  I would wait at least a full season before you declare Allen a bust.

It took Joe Flacco 3 years plus!  Some have it some don't but some take much longer then what we have seen lately and a top 10 qb is what your hoping for! 

1 hour ago, NFLBighits said:

It took Joe Flacco 3 years plus!  Some have it some don't but some take much longer then what we have seen lately and a top 10 qb is what your hoping for! 

It's sad to see how some put unrealistic expectations on young players. Some positions like quarterback offense of line, and linebacker take time to develop.  Some people were ready to call Edmunds a bust after his first or second game and he's only 20.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ough, here it is. 

The daily "relax" thread. 

Trust the 97 year plan that McDermott and Beane are masterminding. 

Eventually, just you wait, the Bills will be dominating the league....

Better than the 20 daily cry & complain and fire everyone threads. God forbid a coach and gm get a couple years to actually build the roster they envision

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This looks more like a PRE-building year. I don’t see a whole ton building of ANYTHING going on right now. Do you?

We drafted our possible franchise qb and have a lot of good defensive pieces already in place. 10 draft picks, one probably being top 5. Around 80 million in cap space. 

add some wrs, oline and a legit vet qb

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

Watch how the top half of QBs play each week, the blueprint is the same

rookies can pick it up as well

This is what has been bothering me with the fan meltdown all season. We all knew it was going to be a rough season. Whether you blame the cap situation on McBeane, Whaley or whatever you feel like yelling at, we knew we were a longshot to be competitive with the roster we had and the vast amount of dead cap. We were all well aware that next year would bring a big influx in talent, and that we were likely in for a year of suffering first. Then we start losing games exactly as expected, and everyone freaks out wondering how it could possibly happen. I know it sucks, but let's see what they can do with the opportunities next season. 

For the "fire everyone and their parents" crowd, something tells me if they don't start showing success with ~100M in cap space and a bunch of picks, you will get your wish. If not, well, you can quit your whining and enjoy the show. Win win for y'all. 

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Oh... You got him

I didn’t get him, I pointed out the fact that his hot takes suck & he has 0 understanding of the situation we were & are in. There is a difference between not liking the situation we are in but understanding it and just mindlessly complaining like a 5 year old.

Any fan with half a brain could see what we have done over the past 5 years , 20 for that matter wasn’t working. You would also realize the players we had when our new coach & Gm started weren’t good enough for the ultimate goal of winning a SB. But hey if you and BMFJ want to live perpetually at 7-8, 9-7, an the occasional 10-5 maybe get to the playoffs and lose in the first or second round then I guess B word away and have fun. But if you look at what they are trying to do then you begin to understand what is going on this year. There were two ways to address the problem. Completely stripping the cap space of players that weren’t going to be part of the process at once to get a clean slate for next year. Or you could have tried to evolve with what you had and add prices. Obvious to most what path they chose. Have they implemented it perfectly IMO? No, but there’s no turning back at this point. The fruits of there effort should begin to show next year. If not, I imagine they will be on the hot seat then and rightfully so. If they chose the other path, this year would have been easier to take, we may have been 8-8 9-7  may or may not have made the playoffs but not have been any closer to the goal of a SB. 

Nobody knows if the plan will work out. But to complain and cry and make ignorant post after post just gets tiresome. Any two year old can cry to have them fired or tell everyone this is crap. How about an original take with some wisdom for once?

5 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

I didn’t get him, I pointed out the fact that his hot takes suck & he has 0 understanding of the situation we were & are in. There is a difference between not liking the situation we are in but understanding it and just mindlessly complaining like a 5 year old.

Any fan with half a brain could see what we have done over the past 5 years , 20 for that matter wasn’t working. You would also realize the players we had when our new coach & Gm started weren’t good enough for the ultimate goal of winning a SB. But hey if you and BMFJ want to live perpetually at 7-8, 9-7, an the occasional 10-5 maybe get to the playoffs and lose in the first or second round then I guess B word away and have fun. But if you look at what they are trying to do then you begin to understand what is going on this year. There were two ways to address the problem. Completely stripping the cap space of players that weren’t going to be part of the process at once to get a clean slate for next year. Or you could have tried to evolve with what you had and add prices. Obvious to most what path they chose. Have they implemented it perfectly IMO? No, but there’s no turning back at this point. The fruits of there effort should begin to show next year. If not, I imagine they will be on the hot seat then and rightfully so. If they chose the other path, this year would have been easier to take, we may have been 8-8 9-7  may or may not have made the playoffs but not have been any closer to the goal of a SB. 

Nobody knows if the plan will work out. But to complain and cry and make ignorant post after post just gets tiresome. Any two year old can cry to have them fired or tell everyone this is crap. How about an original take with some wisdom for once?

Not sure you have read my posts.  I have not suggested anyone be fired.   I believe we should let this play out and give the current management a chance to work their plan.  I do like your passion. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No sure you have read my posts.  I have not suggested anyone be fired.   I believe we should let this play out and give the current management a chance to work their plan.  I do like your passion. 

I’m sorry, a mistook and were thinking you were a different poster, my bad. I do stand by what I had to say about BMFJ...

When you have about 1/3 of your total salary cap in dudes who dont play for you anymore then it will be a long season. In order for the Bills to be competitive week in and week out they would need everyone to outplay their contracts- the issue i have with the way the bills cut everyone is that we will have restart next year with a lot of new players and the NFL does best with continuity.

9 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Allen has played in five games.  It may take a little more time to let him develop.  I would wait at least a full season before you declare Allen a bust.

it's been 20 years now since even a franchise QB was in town.

i don't mind waiting another 20, there are good memories in the vault

it would be nice to get going in another 2 or 3 years though

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its like ppl think you actually play well in a rebiulding year

Its quotes like, We live in Buffalo. We have to run the Ball well That really build my confidence in this dinosaur coaching staff.

That and building the defense first never works. In 2-3 years when you finally have a competent offense all your defensive contracts are up and you have to start paying the defense. 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's been 20 years now since even a franchise QB was in town.

i don't mind waiting another 20, there are good memories in the vault

it would be nice to get going in another 2 or 3 years though

I agree.   Our patience has been pushed to its limits and beyond.

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Its quotes like, We live in Buffalo. We have to run the Ball well That really build my confidence in this dinosaur coaching staff.

That and building the defense first never works. In 2-3 years when you finally have a competent offense all your defensive contracts are up and you have to start paying the defense. 

run the ball

and the #3 D, before last week

if only it were 1975 again... 

9 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I agree.   Our patience has been pushed to its limits and beyond.

ach, my problems won't be solved with the Bills, I try not to make them worse, back and forth with good fans like you make it a little bit better

but geez!!! get us a QB, it's not that hard...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

run the ball

and the #3 D, before last week

if only it were 1975 again... 

ach, my problems won't be solved with the Bills, I try not to make them worse, back and forth with good fans like you make it a little bit better

but geez!!! get us a QB, it's not that hard...

Amen to that!