Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

1 minute ago, ThunderGun said:

It should be in the current NFL. Anything less would be unacceptable. With the cap room and draft capital they have next year, any competent GM and coach would have this team winning football games next year.   

you are talking about a RELOAD....not a REBIULD

When you are strapped down with stupid contracts......cant lose enough games to draft a QB......can win enough games to make it to the post season.....

This was us for YEARS.....and ppl hated it...now the bills are completely stripping down and actually rebiulding....and some fans dont have the patience for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Bolded is what I thought coming into the season and still feel. 

If next year after retooling and our O is not performing like this year and we are still getting blown out my feeling on the 2020 season with this coaching staff and FO will change though. The next 1.5 years will tell us a lot. I pray that we have this thing straight, I don't want another 3-4 years of "rebuild". 

Most logical, rational fans would have to admit the same reality, and also hope for the same thing for down the road. Yesterday was a perfect storm waiting to happen but not unpredictable given all the problems going in. Need this team to show heart and fight rest of the way though too.

22 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

My son was born in January, to be honest it puts football in perspective.

Went for a walk breathing in the beautiful fall air with my kid who was distracted by every leaf and I felt so much better almost immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Year 2 we cut even more cancer out of the team and had to deal with a ridiculous amount of dead cap. Zero talent on the team. What was the expectation?

I see a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and I'm confident they would have played a lot better on Sunday if we showed even the slightest bit of competency on the offensive side.  I would hope even in a rebuilding/retooling/regurgitating year we could at least field a 'fair' offense but we can't even do that and therefore I think we're wasting what could have been a top defense.  

I don't know what to tell people. You don't fire the whole regime after a season where they have $50 million in dead cap. And before anyone brings it up yes I know this regime created the dead cap, but that's the point. They have a plan and they're sticking to it. The owners signed onto the plan. They're not even thinking about firing anyone until they've had a chance to fully implement that plan. IMO the results need to start coming next year, they'll be out of salary cap hell and they'll have had 3 offseasons to rebuild the team.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

I'm with you.  Unfortunately there is a significant faction of frustrated fans who are qucik to point fingers and look for scapegoats when the losses start piling up.  Experct another round of "Fire 'McBeane" and change everything in the offseason threads after New England beats up on Buffalo next week.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

you are talking about a RELOAD....not a REBIULD

When you are strapped down with stupid contracts......cant lose enough games to draft a QB......can win enough games to make it to the post season.....

This was us for YEARS.....and ppl hated it...now the bills are completely stripping down and actually rebiulding....and some fans dont have the patience for it.

You have no grounded perspective. Nothing new there. Amiright? . But for kicks and giggles. And in football terms.

What is the difference in coach speek between a RELOAD. And  a REBUILD?  We all know the difference but your takes are special. 

Stupid contracts? All of them? Get real and quit drinking OBD's moonshine. 

8 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

You have no grounded perspective. Nothing new there. Amiright? . But for kicks and giggles. And in football terms.

What is the difference in coach speek between a RELOAD. And  a REBUILD?  We all know the difference but your takes are special. 

Stupid contracts? All of them? Get real and quit drinking OBD's moonshine. 

Am I supposed to even take this seriously?

I dont

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

This is true but this isn’t what we are getting. Allen isn’t showing improvement. We aren’t seeing him develop a chemistry with a young WR like Zay that we can look forward to for years to come. Things are looking real bleak.

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

...reasonable assessment......bit comical that the TBD prognosticators were forecasting 3, 4 , 5 or 6 win season.....and despite being on that track, the yips are "we suck"......admittedly, there have been some questionable personnel decisions along the way as well as not even being close to competitive weekly (Vikes appears to have been an anomaly)......those items have fueled the ire......firing everyone now or at the end of the season means yet ANOTHER rebuild, waiting two more years, hiring brass who of course will want their guys....year 2019 will be significantly pivotal and probably one of the more important ones in the last decade with 10 picks and FA $$$.......it will definitely be "show me time" for this gang......and I'd venture to guess that if we are in the same position in 2019 as we are now, as far as limping along, could be some major changes at the end of 2019.....and good Lord, get rid of this damn, overused, meaningless, insignificant "process" crap.....how about if we just play the damn game of football with coaches who can and are willing to develop personnel and adjust their vaunted schemes to fit what they have to work with......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1