Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And of course college success auto determines NFL success for QBs

(no it doesnt)

Laugh while you can.....I will be addressing the lot of you next year when Josh Allen has some actual NFL players around him

John, you must have me confused with someone else.

I admire your unwavering support. I do not visit this forum to deride anyone nor do I enjoy the sad state of affairs at OBD.

Your particular allegiance to everything this organization does is just so over the top. It's virtually impossible to not occasionally question whether you actually believe the things you type.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Except when player A throws 52 Touchdowns ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Company man strikes again.    

You're an honest broker which is why I respect your Tyrod takes even if I don't agree with them.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This has all been addressed.....Josh Allen is a very raw prospect....and played with talent that was undraftable.

They need to seriously focus on his development now and through the offseason......get a decent OL in front of him......and players that actually make a play once they have the ball in their hands

None of that is happening right now......

NOTE:   Also I dont expect him to be putting up Mahommes type numbers.   I expect him to be a good to great QB for us and get better every year.......I dont care about what Mahommes is doing in KC....they also have a defense that is a seive while their offense wins them games and that will catch up to them eventually

I want balance on my team

I respect but hate this argument.  I don’t think Texas Tech was loaded with nfl talent when Mahomes was there.  If anything, I’d expect a 1st round qb to dominate against teams like UnLv and the MWC.  Romo and Jimmy G dominated their conferences with no nfl talent. Caron Wentz won championships with no nfl talent.  

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

John, you must have me confused with someone else.

I admire your unwavering support. I do not visit this forum to deride anyone nor do I enjoy the sad state of affairs at OBD.

Your particular allegiance to everything this organization does is just so over the top. It's virtually impossible to not occasionally question whether you actually believe the things you type.

You're an honest broker which is why I respect your Tyrod takes even if I don't agree with them.

John seems like a great dude.  But man, there is nothing Josh Allen has ever done that would demonstrate he could be putting up the historic numbers Mahomes is.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect but hate this argument.  I don’t think Texas Tech was loaded with nfl talent when Mahomes was there.  If anything, I’d expect a 1st round qb to dominate against teams like UnLv and the MWC.  Romo and Jimmy G dominated their conferences with no nfl talent. Caron Wentz won championships with no nfl talent.  

John seems like a great dude.  But man, there is nothing Josh Allen has ever done that would demonstrate he could be putting up the historic numbers Mahomes is.

And I have never actually said that he would

That is not my take at all

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think he spells it MahoMMes so he can internally avoid reality.

God bless that man's moxie and can do spirit! Whatever he's drinking, I'm in.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t honestly believe this, do you John?  Allen couldn’t even put up those numbers in the MWC.  Mahomes has 53 tds his last year in college.  He’s really, really good and has track record of being good.  Allen has gotten overhyped because of his physical skills rather than his play.  

Oh, with Mahomes, it isn't so much the stats.  As I watch the Big 12 on a weekly basis, you're always watching a QB with gaudy stats. And that's especially true with TT QB's.

He almost had to overcome that to get drafted. You had to figure out what made him different than a Bryce Petty, or a Geno Smith and couldn't just take the stats at face value. 

To me, it was the LSU bowl game in his soph. year. They were twisting, stunting, blitzing and rarely giving him 2 seconds in the pocket. But he'd run, dodge, throw across his body, but he'd hit a guy 15-20 yards downfield, putting the ball right where it needed to be. If you watch the "Mahomes vs. LSU tape on youtube, there is a season worth of highlights from just that game.

That game said to me...he's got something. My memory goes back a ways, and it reminded me of the first time I saw Brees play in college.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Because 2 good players is better then 1 player....and it makes perfect sense

Mahommes wasnt even Mahommes in his first year....which is something YOU keep forgetting

You wouldn't trade Josh Allen and Tredavious White for Pat Mahomes? 

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen would doing the same exact thing in KC and Mahomes would suck here.  

This continues to pop up from time to time...and it's about as lazy a take as there is.  Alex Smith, in his 13h NFL season, playing in this system with the SAME players, coaches, playbook ETC...couldn't put up these numbers.  I keep hearing Mahomes has a lot of schemed open targets....he DOES...so did Smith.  Mahomes does a couple things few other QB do...and if you watch a game or two of Mahomes playing..you can identify these EASILY.  1.  He scans the field.  I rarely stares down a target, and often will look one way and almost no look to a target the other way...safeties and LB's are frozen solid.  2.  When he gets flushed out of the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield, and the arm talent shines because he can deliever strikes at distance even as he is running, and can do so throwing accross his body.  ....Mahomes clearly benefits from having a solid supporting cast....just like Alex Smith benefitted from all the same supporting cast...Buffalo would at worst be .500 with Mahomes.

36 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

This continues to pop up from time to time...and it's about as lazy a take as there is.  Alex Smith, in his 13h NFL season, playing in this system with the SAME players, coaches, playbook ETC...couldn't put up these numbers.  I keep hearing Mahomes has a lot of schemed open targets....he DOES...so did Smith.  Mahomes does a couple things few other QB do...and if you watch a game or two of Mahomes playing..you can identify these EASILY.  1.  He scans the field.  I rarely stares down a target, and often will look one way and almost no look to a target the other way...safeties and LB's are frozen solid.  2.  When he gets flushed out of the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield, and the arm talent shines because he can deliever strikes at distance even as he is running, and can do so throwing accross his body.  ....Mahomes clearly benefits from having a solid supporting cast....just like Alex Smith benefitted from all the same supporting cast...Buffalo would at worst be .500 with Mahomes.

I identify a set of offensive tackles that dont let him get touched.

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

At this moment in time given the unknowns?  Maybe

But that is not the hand we have been dealt.....Josh Allen is our QB and now it is up to the bills this offseason to put him in a postion of success.

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wentz is hardly the best example there his team won 6 championships in 7 years and Wentz was the starter for 2 of those years I'd say it's safe to say he had a decent cast around him. Allen was successful at Wyoming he brought a bad team two winning seasons and took them to two bowl games and one MWC championship game.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Laugh while you can.....I will be addressing the lot of you next year when Josh Allen has some actual NFL players around him

Might take two years.  I'm hoping you're right, but I have had serious reservations about him even before the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I identify a set of offensive tackles that dont let him get touched.

But that is not the hand we have been dealt.....Josh Allen is our QB and now it is up to the bills this offseason to put him in a postion of success.

MAYBE

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Might take two years.  I'm hoping you're right, but I have had serious reservations about him even before the draft.

Pathetic shills dont worry bout duration.

you...YOU are all wrong. The homer shills with their locktite hypothetical opinions carry the day! And when josh allen washes out of the league as a poor man’s joe flacco they will, hopefully!, crawl back to their respective holes.

30 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

you...YOU are all wrong. The homer shills with their locktite hypothetical opinions carry the day! And when josh allen washes out of the league as a poor man’s joe flacco they will, hopefully!, crawl back to their respective holes.

Can a poor man's Joe Flacco win a Superbowl like he did?  I'll take that any day of the week.  I think Josh Allen will be another Kyle Boller or Blaine Gabbert.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You seem to be in a very dark place. Would you like to talk about it?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm sorry, but this is pure insanity.

You might trade a rookie QB who hasn't looked good and a very good corner back for one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Totally nuts. 

13 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I would and so would most people. 

Unfortunately draft day decisions get make in the present, with the data you have at the time, to the plan you have at the time, with the people you have at the time, with no benefit of looking into the future for two years. 

I see the Bills problems finding a franchise QB to be caused by:

1.  not enough QBs drafted, you have to keep drafting them until you find one, and its ok to be lucky but you have to draft them to get lucky

2.  no stable coaching staff in place to develop one - you can't change regimes every 2 to 4 years and build a winner. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes is only good because they are 9-0 on the coin toss this year. Without that (and talent and the arm, and the OLine and the weapons), he’d be just an average guy. 

Going back to pre-season they are 12-0. The Patriots* have formed a committee to determine how they are doing this. 

I was hoping this thread would jinx him to relieve the angst here, but apparently our board doesn’t carry the weight of SI. (I’m pretty sure that still exists...) 

• Haha (+1) 1