Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

I'm kinda surprised that no-look passes don't happen more often. I know Mahomes and Alex Smith both do it sometimes, and I know football passes are generally longer than those in the NBA, but considering how often you see it in the NBA, I'm surprised it's not more of a thing in the NFL.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I'm kinda surprised that no-look passes don't happen more often. I know Mahomes and Alex Smith both do it sometimes, and I know football passes are generally longer than those in the NBA, but considering how often you see it in the NBA, I'm surprised it's not more of a thing in the NFL.

15 turnovers in the NBA is a normal night. 2 turnovers in the NFL is a bad day.

Ball security is the top priority of any good team, I’m sure the majority of coaches would rip their QB for doing it. They probably don’t care that you can do it, they don’t want to deal with the reactions when one of them goes badly. 

As a reminder, this topic is to discuss what has been a pretty amazing season about Patrick Mahomes. Please feel free to discuss Patrick Mahomes.

This is NOT a topic for re-litigating the 2017 draft, nor constant comparisons to the QB the Bills drafted a year later. All such posts will be removed. Thank you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SDS said:

As a reminder, this topic is to discuss what has been a pretty amazing season about Patrick Mahomes. Please feel free to discuss Patrick Mahomes.

This is NOT a topic for re-litigating the 2017 draft, nor constant comparisons to the QB the Bills drafted a year later. All such posts will be removed. Thank you.

Can I at least call it a "no look draft?"  :w00t:

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Are you kidding me?!?

What's amazing is that he hit the receiver in stride.  He hit the receiver in stride.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Bills QB hit a receiver in stride while looking at him.  Mahomes does it without looking.  :wallbash:

I loved his possibilities of being a big time QB in the draft and he was who I wanted most but the season he is putting together exceeds my wildest dreams of what he could so this early on in his NFL career.

Its absolutely stunning

On 12/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, PittsforDave said:

He is having a great year. Let’s give it another  year. This could be a fluke. 

KC are not going far in the playoffs, they have too many holes. 

Every AFC team has holes but the Chargers. I don't see how whatever NFC team that makes it isn't a lock for the SB.

I have a small quibble with the term “no look” as it’s being bandied about here. Taking nothing away from the incredible play that Mahomes made, and it was nothing short of amazing, but he saw his receiver the entire way. I’m more impressed with the arm play he made to get the ball there. 

On 12/10/2018 at 6:40 PM, Magox said:

I loved his possibilities of being a big time QB in the draft and he was who I wanted most but the season he is putting together exceeds my wildest dreams of what he could so this early on in his NFL career.

Its absolutely stunning

He was bad at a training camp practice though.  Kinda amazing he was able to bounce back from that.