Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

On 10/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, SDS said:

Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is off to a blistering start this year. If you are a fan of offense, then the Chiefs are the team to watch this season.

If you want to discuss Patrick's play this season, this is the topic to do so.

If you want to re-litigate the 2017 draft, then I'm sorry to say that happened 18 months ago and there is a 48 page topic that you can read that discusses it extensively.

My kid is having a great year as well especially in Math  & English !! 

28 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Reid fleeced Mcclappy.    

Mahommes appears to be a very good QB

I still say the jury is still out on the trade because we dont know what Josh Allen is going to become....Mahommes plays in a offense where hes threat actually make plays......high passes...dont matter.....low throws....dont matter......tight coverage.....dont matter......and then their are the plays when players are wide open which is often.

This doesnt take away from mahommes play.....he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do.....the year on the bench learning helped him a great deal.....being in a high powered offene helped him a great deal...he still has to make the throws and decisions and he is.

Josh Allen's story is yet to be written......we dont know what he i going to become yet......and I am a big fan of trey white

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Mahommes appears to be a very good QB

I still say the jury is still out on the trade because we dont know what Josh Allen is going to become....Mahommes plays in a offense where hes threat actually make plays......high passes...dont matter.....low throws....dont matter......tight coverage.....dont matter......and then their are the plays when players are wide open which is often.

This doesnt take away from mahommes play.....he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do.....the year on the bench learning helped him a great deal.....being in a high powered offene helped him a great deal...he still has to make the throws and decisions and he is. 

Josh Allen's story is yet to be written......we dont know what he i going to become yet......and I am a big fan of trey white

I wonder if Josh Allen will ever throw 6 TD's in a game, let alone twice in a season.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I wonder if Josh Allen will ever throw 6 TD's in a game, let alone twice in a season.

Or turn the ball over 5 times, two of which are returned for TDs....in a loss!

Edited by KD in CA

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont know....maybe not?

Maybe he is just going to be a good NFL QB when it is all said and done?

Well hopefully he's really good and not just good.  Taking the next Matt Stafford and passing on the next Peyton Manning is no bueno.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m more concerned with the 5 turnovers Mahomes had.

Let’s hope Josh never does that.

I'm sure if Joshy dropped 6 TD's and put up 50+ points, we'd all be pointing out the desperation INTs at the end.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Or turn the ball over 5 times, two of which are returned for TDs....in a loss!

This is surely the end of Mahomes' season and career.  Should the Chiefs just concede the year?  Their QB just ain't worth a darn.

• Like (+1) 2

MVP MVP MVP MVP

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well hopefully he's really good and not just good.  Taking the next Matt Stafford and passing on the next Peyton Manning is no bueno.

I'm sure if Joshy dropped 6 TD's and put up 50+ points, we'd all be pointing out the desperation INTs at the end.

This is surely the end of Mahomes' season and career.  Should the Chiefs just concede the year?  Their QB just ain't worth a darn.

Jesus the day I hear Mahomes isn't good arguments.. 

I'm gonna lose it. NVM he's had haters all year for some ungodly reason.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

MVP MVP MVP MVP

Jesus the day I hear Mahomes isn't good arguments.. 

I'm gonna lose it. NVM he's had haters all year for some ungodly reason.

It's the "Bills also have a young QB" effect.  Every other young QB must PAY.  Watson sucks!  Mahomes is overrated because he only dropped a 50 burger on a SB contender! Rosen sucks!  Baker sucks!

With EJ, Russell Wilson was overrated, Luck was a turnover machine, "at least Geno is worse!" etc. etc. 

It's the nature of TBD.  The lifeblood of a fanbase starved for relevancy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It's the "Bills also have a young QB" effect.  Every other young QB must PAY.  Watson sucks!  Mahomes is overrated because he only dropped a 50 burger on a SB contender! Rosen sucks!  Baker sucks!

With EJ, Russell Wilson was overrated, Luck was a turnover machine, "at least Geno is worse!" etc. etc. 

It's the nature of TBD.  The lifeblood of a fanbase starved for relevancy.

Yep! Why watch neutral games if you're going to be miserable

21 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'm sure if Joshy dropped 6 TD's and put up 50+ points, we'd all begre pointing out the desperation INTs at the end.

I am not even looking at his int's as a negative......he got more respect from me tonight even with the turnovers and looking human.

His pass catcher's made great plays for him tonight as well....just like they have all season.

By the way.....Matt Stafford has been a unquestioned starting QB in the league for a number of years and puts up very good QB numbers.......if that is all Josh Allen ended up being (but the defense along with Tre White ended up being top 5) then yes I would live with that.  If Matt Stafford got cut tomorrow he would be someone's starting QB in a second.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not even looking at his int's as a negative......he got more respect from me tonight even with the turnovers and looking human.

His pass catcher's made great plays for him tonight as well....just like they have all season.

By the way.....Matt Stafford has been a unquestioned starting QB in the league for a number of years and puts up very good QB numbers.......if that is all Josh Allen ended up being (but the defense along with Tre White ended up being top 5) then yes I would live with that.  If Matt Stafford got cut tomorrow he would be someone's starting QB in a second.

You’d take the next Matt Stafford and Tre White over the next Peyton Manning?

fair enough but IMO that makes you insane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

You’d take the next Matt Stafford and Tre White over the next Peyton Manning?

fair enough but IMO that makes you insane.

Do you realize how many QBs just flat bust no matter how highly they are drafted?

Do you think every other team that did not pick Mahommes or trade up for Mahommes is also insane?   It is very hard to predict these things.

If you have a starting caliber QB you are doing pretty well.......as in starting caliber top 10 type QB (which we dont know if Josh will develop into....but hope that he would)

I have moved past drafting Mahommes....he is on another team.   I am looking at MY team.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Do you realize how many QBs just flat bust no matter how highly they are drafted?

Do you think every other team that did not pick Mahommes or trade up for Mahommes is also insane?   It is very hard to predict these things.

If you have a starting caliber QB you are doing pretty well.......as in starting caliber top 10 type QB (which we dont know if Josh will develop into....but hope that he would)

I have moved past drafting Mahommes....he is on another team.   I am looking at MY team.

You were the one saying you’d take the next Matt Stafford. I was saying passing on the next Manning for the next Stafford is bad, because the next Manning is clearly the way better QB and that’s kinda the most important position out there.

If Allen develops into Stafford, and Mahomes is Manning, we (the Bills) lose. Point blank.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You were the one saying you’d take the next Matt Stafford. I was saying passing on the next Manning for the next Stafford is bad, because the next Manning is clearly the way better QB and that’s kinda the most important position out there.

If Allen develops into Stafford, and Mahomes is Manning, we (the Bills) lose. Point blank.

If only they all came clearly labeled like that for the draft.