Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

I have been on the Mahomes train since the process began for the 2017 NFL draft. And I also liked Josh Allen since I first saw him in 2016.

With that said, whomever the Bills took as their QB, they were automatically behind the 8 ball when it comes to being a Buffalo Bills QB.

The Chiefs had a plan for Mahomes. The Bills have no idea what to do with Josh Allen.

Andy Reid is the master of QB's. McDermott is the master at destroying his QB's.

Mahomes and Allen are both electrifying talents. Difference is coaching.

On 11/1/2018 at 5:51 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

how many posts like this do we have to filter through? how many other QB needy team communities are crying they didn't get him.. let it go..

I would assume most if not all of them.

How many had the 10th pick and then traded out of that pick, and that pick was used to draft him. Only one. The Buffalo Bills.

But hey at least we got a good corner back. Huge difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I have been on the Mahomes train since the process began for the 2017 NFL draft. And I also liked Josh Allen since I first saw him in 2016.

With that said, whomever the Bills took as their QB, they were automatically behind the 8 ball when it comes to being a Buffalo Bills QB.

The Chiefs had a plan for Mahomes. The Bills have no idea what to do with Josh Allen.

Andy Reid is the master of QB's. McDermott is the master at destroying his QB's.

Mahomes and Allen are both electrifying talents. Difference is coaching.

Coaching and surrounding talent. We barely have a crumb on offense outside of an aging Shady.

I argued for Mahomes and Watson, especially Mahomes. No one was more vociferous than Jeffismagic and he was hounded off the boards here for crusading.

That said, I also like Allen, but the incompetence of this regime with regards to offense is literally historic.

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I would assume most if not all of them.

How many had the 10th pick and then traded out of that pick, and that pick was used to draft him. Only one. The Buffalo Bills.

But hey at least we got a good corner back. Huge difference maker. 

there were 3 QB needy teams that passed on him before the pick and well noted 3+ other teams that planned on passing him. were you there draft day and the talk going on about him? Id like your crystal ball that you can look in history and know that Mahomes would become this? no one predicted it. so we passed on him so what? are we going to just do one post after another and cry about it or are we going to just move on?

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

there were 3 QB needy teams that passed on him before the pick and well noted 3+ other teams that planned on passing him. were you there draft day and the talk going on about him? Id like your crystal ball that you can look in history and know that Mahomes would become this? no one predicted it. so we passed on him so what? are we going to just do one post after another and cry about it or are we going to just move on?

You seem a bit angry about it.

I'm not moving on anytime soon, I was 100% on board with Drafting Watson or Mahomes. i was on board with giving up all the capital to move up to # 1 to take the best QB available last year too. Until you have a QB nothing else matters. I still dislike josh Allen.  

Mahomes is on pace to have one of the best seasons in history. The Bills offense has given up more touchdowns that it has scored and are on pace to be one of if not the worst offense in history.

Sorry I'm not just going to move on. You have the option to not open this thread, yet here you are. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The funny thing is out of those 3 needy teams. One of those hc's already has been fired. The second one will be fired (Bowles). and the third should be fired.

I think with the nfl changing so fast in the last couple of years your going to see less dc's get head coaching jobs. Oc's are just to important.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, Zerovotlz said:

Couple of notes.

with Kielce Hill Hunt and same system, Alex Smith produced his career best season in 2017 topping 4000 yards for the first time in his career and throwing 26 TD passes, a career high.

Smith was a horrible Red Zone thrower, completing only 44% of his passes.  KC as a team was awful in the Red Zone.

Mahomes, with the same cast, has thrown for 26 TD passes, in just 8 games, leads the NFL in passing yards, QBR, etc etc.

i concede that Mahomes is helped by having the Ferrari offense to run, but I do not concede that others would look as good doing it.  Smith is a decent QB His BEST effort was equaled by Mahomes, in his first year, in half the games.

someone mentioned Vision.  Ding ding ding.  Winner.  The kid has incredible ability to make reads.  He keeps his eyes downfield.  Combine this with his “arm talent” where he truly can fire to all fields from any platform and get it to a spot with power....it’s incredible to watch.  

Just FYI the online has a pro bowl right tackle, an adequate left tackle.  And the interior is injured.  Already on our 3rd center and 3rd right guard due to injuries.  Left guard is ok.  Interior pressure has been more frequent as a result but Mahomes overcomes it by rolling out and firing wherever anyhow.  

There red is a compilation somewhere of defenders throwing their arms up in disgust game after game because you do everything right, flush him out, good coverage and he burns you anyway.

personally, I think Allen could still have a chance to be good.  I would measure his progress against Trubisky, and quit comparing to mahomes.  

I think this is a great post.

Although it is only his first year as a starter, I do believe he's on an entirely different level than the other first/second year (let's just say, "young") starters, except maybe Goff and Wentz.

Yes, he's got a ton of weapons and yes he's got a HOF HC ... but he still has to execute and he has with consistency.

He's a pleasure to watch and really seems to have a level head.  I look forward to watching him for many years to come.

All that matters to me is the KC finally gets past NE in the playoffs

I want to relax and watch fun teams slinging it all over the place...

Not a 41 year old QB who has already been there 25 times handing off to a WR for 8 yards a carry and throwing screen passes that nobody can stop, with a timely fumble and a timely penalty when needed