Patrick Mahomes: He is having an incredible season

SDS

Andy Reid is having a great year also.  Most NFL OCs are just calling plays; Reid is running a scheme.  The Chiefs might die early again in the playoffs, but Reid is currently at the top of the game.

Give Reid credit for going after Mahomes.  Mahomes is definitely more that a cog in the system, so far he's a big upgrade over Alex Smith.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My thought on this is I am happy for Kansas City......they also have gone through years of futility.

Now they've ascended to the level of years of playoff futility.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

He could be the next Drew Brees or Payton Manning ?

Only 15 more seasons at this same exact pace uninterrupted to go!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is off to a blistering start this year. If you are a fan of offense, then the Chiefs are the team to watch this season.

If you want to discuss Patrick's play this season, this is the topic to do so.

If you want to re-litigate the 2017 draft, then I'm sorry to say that happened 18 months ago and there is a 48 page topic that you can read that discusses it extensively.

I think the other thread also is discussing the amazing season he's having this year...Not just how we consistently make picks like grabbing Allen instead of Mahomes, or Watkins instead of Odell Beckham or Mike Evans. 

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

KC has elite talent across the board on offense. Top 3 WR, Top 3 TE, good O-Line, Top 5 RB and Sammy looks jacked out of his mind. The depth that KC has on offense is also amazing. It's would take us at least 4 years to acquire that kind of talent and that's if we got lucky. KC will be the next dynasty in the NFL.

Yes they do, but the magic on offense all starts with the QB, always.

If Mahomes wasn't fantastic, all that talent around him would go to waste.

Mahomes is really playing well right now, and he is showing that he has a core set of skills that are going to allow him to be good for a long time.

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Now they've ascended to the level of years of playoff futility.

Only 15 more seasons at this same exact pace uninterrupted to go!

If Mahomes plays at this exact same pace uninterrupted for 15 years,  he will break Peyton Manning's career total TD record by 215 touchdowns.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

If Mahomes plays at this exact same pace uninterrupted for 15 years,  he will break Peyton Manning's career total TD record by 215 touchdowns.

I was referring to the yardage record of Manning's that Brees just broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of notes.

with Kielce Hill Hunt and same system, Alex Smith produced his career best season in 2017 topping 4000 yards for the first time in his career and throwing 26 TD passes, a career high.

Smith was a horrible Red Zone thrower, completing only 44% of his passes.  KC as a team was awful in the Red Zone.

Mahomes, with the same cast, has thrown for 26 TD passes, in just 8 games, leads the NFL in passing yards, QBR, etc etc.

i concede that Mahomes is helped by having the Ferrari offense to run, but I do not concede that others would look as good doing it.  Smith is a decent QB His BEST effort was equaled by Mahomes, in his first year, in half the games.

someone mentioned Vision.  Ding ding ding.  Winner.  The kid has incredible ability to make reads.  He keeps his eyes downfield.  Combine this with his “arm talent” where he truly can fire to all fields from any platform and get it to a spot with power....it’s incredible to watch.  

Just FYI the online has a pro bowl right tackle, an adequate left tackle.  And the interior is injured.  Already on our 3rd center and 3rd right guard due to injuries.  Left guard is ok.  Interior pressure has been more frequent as a result but Mahomes overcomes it by rolling out and firing wherever anyhow.  

There red is a compilation somewhere of defenders throwing their arms up in disgust game after game because you do everything right, flush him out, good coverage and he burns you anyway.

personally, I think Allen could still have a chance to be good.  I would measure his progress against Trubisky, and quit comparing to mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 1

Andy Reid and McDermott should trade pointers on how to build offense and defense and versa vice. 

I wanted Mahomes big time in that draft. I have a series of texts to back that up haha! He can throw off so many different platforms and has a rocket arm and can anticipate windows. But I also wanted Barkley after his 2011 season.. At least I got one of my wishes ?

On 10/22/2018 at 1:19 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

I cant think of another QB in recent history who walked into a better situation than Mahomes.

Cullpepper is probably the closest situation. He sat a year behind Randal Cunningham and Jeff George then had 2 HoF in Chris Carter and Randy Moss, Probowl RB in Robert Smith and an offensive minded coach. He finished with 4k yards, 33 TD and 16 INT.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, John from Riverside said:

My thought on this is I am happy for Kansas City......they also have gone through years of futility.

The bills are following their own path

For definitions of futility involving a winning record since Reid took over, and playoffs for 4 of the last 5 years.

I would welcome that type of futility